Notices

Thread: Black Friday.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2019, 04:52 PM   #121

Default Re: Black Friday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
Kits are not included in the VP sale. Fine print:

*Please Note: 15% off on all parts and accessories, vehicle kits not included. Discount is limited to parts in stock, no rain checks will be issued. Applicable to regular customers only, wholesale and discounted customers not eligible for further discounts.

That's odd because I had an Origin Pro and a set of MR310 wheels in my cart and the discount was around $140.

It was all for naught though because when I went through the checkout process it told me there were no Origins in stock.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2019, 05:00 PM   #122
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Kits are not included in the VP sale. Fine print:

*Please Note: 15% off on all parts and accessories, vehicle kits not included. Discount is limited to parts in stock, no rain checks will be issued. Applicable to regular customers only, wholesale and discounted customers not eligible for further discounts.
Can we change that? Would love the 410 pro...
subspd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 05:08 PM   #123
Im Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
That's odd because I had an Origin Pro and a set of MR310 wheels in my cart and the discount was around $140.

It was all for naught though because when I went through the checkout process it told me there were no Origins in stock.
Ill look into it. Thanks for the heads up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subspd View Post
Can we change that? Would love the 410 pro...
Out of respect for all our dealers with Kit inventory we did not want to discount them.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 05:22 PM   #124

Quote:
Ill look into it. Thanks for the heads up.

No problem. Let me know if I'm crazy...
Old 11-27-2019, 05:43 PM   #125
RCC Addict

SuperShafty is selling vs4 pros with a free motor.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
youngblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 05:49 PM   #126

I have no interest in that motor, but it's a good deal. I'd rather have $40 off or whatever.
Old 11-27-2019, 05:53 PM   #127
Gold Star Baby!

If it’s this motor than that ain’t a bad deal... could probably get a good $50 out of it or more in trade on the secondary market

https://holmeshobbies.com/motors/bru...ler-motor.html
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 05:55 PM   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher Builds View Post
If it’s this motor than that ain’t a bad deal... could probably get a good $50 out of it or more in trade on the secondary market

https://holmeshobbies.com/motors/bru...ler-motor.html

That's what I was thinking.
Old 11-27-2019, 08:10 PM   #129
Gold Star Baby!

Amain has the burban ascender for $199

https://www.amainhobbies.com/vaterra...r03094/p802634

And a bind and drive rock Rey for $249

https://www.amainhobbies.com/losi-ro...s03026/p845380
Old 11-27-2019, 08:14 PM   #130
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngblood View Post
SuperShafty is selling vs4 pros with a free motor.
If I didn't just buy a $600 guitar amp this morning, I'd probably hop on that.
GA Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 07:31 PM   #131

Quote:
Amain has the burban ascender for $199

https://www.amainhobbies.com/vaterra...r03094/p802634

And a bind and drive rock Rey for $249

https://www.amainhobbies.com/losi-ro...s03026/p845380
Tower has the Rock Rey at that price.

RPP BF sale is live - 15% off.

Beef Tubes 20% off goes live at midnight. Code: BRASSFRIDAY
Old 11-29-2019, 03:46 AM   #132
RCC Addict

RC Juice has some nice deals
https://www.rcjuice.com/black-friday.html
Frank211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 09:23 AM   #133
Quarry Creeper

Amain is 10% off site wide plus a lot of brands are discounted between 10-25%.
Ghonda99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 11:19 AM   #134
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghonda99 View Post
Amain is 10% off site wide plus a lot of brands are discounted between 10-25%.
Unfortunately, AMain's Black Friday "sale" process aren't necessarily the truth...they have Dalal 'inflated' the "regular" prices, so as to falsely (and, depending on your state, potentially illegally) make the "sale" prices to appear better than they actually are.

Using just one product to prove my point, as most people know, SSD lowered the MSRP of the Trail King Pro kit a could months ago, to $369. Almost all retailers have been selling it at that price since then. If you check websites today, you will find most of them have it listed at $369 (except HobbyTown, which I'll get to shortly). As of last night, even AMain had it listed at $369. However, as of this morning, all of a sudden, they have the "regular" price listed as $449, so as to (falsely) make their $349 "sale" price appear as '$100 off'.

Getting back to the HobbyTown website, yesterday, they, to, had the regular price listed as $369, but today, it's (falsely) showing $449 as the (so-called) "regular" price. Of course...and, as most people are aware, AMain runs the HobbyTown website. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if I were to call AMain, to inside about this "sale" price, that they would use the HobbyTown website to 'prove' their "sale" price. Again, depending on the states you live in, this could very well be illegal.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 11:50 AM   #135

I'm done, again, with AMain. Yesterday, the SSD Trail King was $369 like it is everywhere. Then I got an email saying it would be $100 off on Black Friday. That would have taken it down to $269. Today it's down to $349 today which is only $20 off. Why? Because they jacked up the price to $449 today and they are claiming $349 is $100 off. NOBODY is selling it for $449.
Old 11-29-2019, 12:05 PM   #136
Slow is the new Fast

Sounds like someone in the Amain marketing department lacks integrity.
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 12:17 PM   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
Sounds like someone in the Amain marketing department lacks integrity.
For sure. I asked if they would stand good for the real $100 off price and they said no.

I had a $550 order in my cart (would have been $450 with the $100 discount on the Trail King). I'll take it elsewhere.
Old 11-29-2019, 12:44 PM   #138
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
Unfortunately, AMain's Black Friday "sale" process aren't necessarily the truth...they have Dalal 'inflated' the "regular" prices, so as to falsely (and, depending on your state, potentially illegally) make the "sale" prices to appear better than they actually are.

Using just one product to prove my point, as most people know, SSD lowered the MSRP of the Trail King Pro kit a could months ago, to $369. Almost all retailers have been selling it at that price since then. If you check websites today, you will find most of them have it listed at $369 (except HobbyTown, which I'll get to shortly). As of last night, even AMain had it listed at $369. However, as of this morning, all of a sudden, they have the "regular" price listed as $449, so as to (falsely) make their $349 "sale" price appear as '$100 off'.

Getting back to the HobbyTown website, yesterday, they, to, had the regular price listed as $369, but today, it's (falsely) showing $449 as the (so-called) "regular" price. Of course...and, as most people are aware, AMain runs the HobbyTown website. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if I were to call AMain, to inside about this "sale" price, that they would use the HobbyTown website to 'prove' their "sale" price. Again, depending on the states you live in, this could very well be illegal.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

That’s just one example and I see your gripe because I would be pissed if that was what I was looking to buy. But for the most part their sales are good. And since most manufacturers won’t allow discount codes on their vehicles I just go to my lhs to get most of my items now. My Capra was bought from them as were 50% of the pieces for my 10.2 no kit necessary build. Bigger pieces were purchased from eBay and rcc members. For me rpp and Amain are the only two online retailers I buy my rc stuff from. It will probably stay that way for a long time.
Old 11-29-2019, 01:23 PM   #139
Gold Star Baby!

That is a very poor way to market the sale, had they just said it was $349 people likely would have been happy and there’d be no conflict.

I’ll throw out there that the VFD and VP chassis are coupon eligible. One could get the chassis, VFD, and VFD battery plate for 15% off at RPP or 10% off at Amain with the chance to get some protek tools for free if you add some other items. I ended up ordering that set up from Amain for $220 after the discount and got the protek tools after picking up some other things.
Old 11-29-2019, 01:50 PM   #140
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
That is a very poor way to market the sale, had they just said it was $349 people likely would have been happy and there’d be no conflict.

I’ll throw out there that the VFD and VP chassis are coupon eligible. One could get the chassis, VFD, and VFD battery plate for 15% off at RPP or 10% off at Amain with the chance to get some protek tools for free if you add some other items. I ended up ordering that set up from Amain for $220 after the discount and got the protek tools after picking up some other things.
Very nice pickup. I agree if they would have said $349 it would have been much less deceptive. I’m headed to my lhs in a bit to see what I can grab. Maybe some tires and other small things. Unfortunately my wife doesn’t understand the hobby obsession so I have to keep my vehicle count to about 3.

Black Friday. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Friday wasn't black MAHitt63 Videos! 0 11-28-2014 08:46 PM
Black Friday Red Rockcrawler Chit Chat 27 11-23-2007 10:57 AM