Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: 1/7 scale Traxxas

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2018, 04:47 PM   #301
Rock Crawler

Default Re: 1/7 scale Traxxas

Anybody replaced their servo yet? If so, what did you use? Mine just bit the dust. Honestly surprised it lasted this long considering how weak and frail it is, lol.

Edit: Ok, Savox SA-1256TG is a drop in fit and doubles your torque and increases your speed for a cool 69 bucks.

Last edited by JDM74; 06-12-2018 at 05:19 PM.
JDM74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2018, 09:28 PM   #302
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM74 View Post
Anybody replaced their servo yet? If so, what did you use? Mine just bit the dust. Honestly surprised it lasted this long considering how weak and frail it is, lol.

I used one of these. https://www.amainhobbies.com/kst-bls...s359wp/p700419

Relatively unknown servo brand to me, but I picked it up a while back for a scaler build that never happened. And the red match my UDR

It dropped right in, swapped out the servo horn for an aluminum one as well. I had to buy the Bluetooth thingy so I could adjust the steering endpoints. The new servo had way more throw on it and was binding my axles at full turn.

burnt up the stock servo the first outing with it, but I wasn’t really surprised though, cheap servos don’t last long in my rigs, because of the way I drive. I put about 5 or 6 packs on the UDR with the new servo and no issue to report of. Steering is way better, quicker, centers better and doesn’t getting hot.

I’m so impressed with this rig, it so much fun to drive, 6s all day and haven’t broken one part yet. (Knock on wood). Body is getting shredded though, just reinforced with some gorilla tape!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
LukeKang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 06:18 AM   #303

Losi also recently released a video of the Super Baja Rey. While the truck looks cool this video is boring in comparison to the Traxxas video. Traxxas is a marketing king though.

JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 06:37 AM   #304
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Losi also recently released a video of the Super Baja Rey. While the truck looks cool this video is boring in comparison to the Traxxas video. Traxxas is a marketing king though.
That was absolutely horrible compared to the Traxxas one but kinda like you said a $1k vs a $100k budget. To me the best part is that we have a choice of either bigger scale RC's.
cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 07:06 AM   #305
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post

The thing about the Super Baja Rey is it doesn't have the same suspension movement and weight transfer as the UDR. No doubt the SBR is an excellent vehicle, but watching the UDR's ultra-plush suspension work is mesmerizing just like a 1:1 trophy truck, and for me it's the most important thing.

Strangely, the 1/10 Baja Rey suspension is nice and plush but they seem to have lost some of that when they scaled up to the SBR.
TooOldForThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 07:16 AM   #306

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooOldForThis View Post
The thing about the Super Baja Rey is it doesn't have the same suspension movement and weight transfer as the UDR. No doubt the SBR is an excellent vehicle, but watching the UDR's ultra-plush suspension work is mesmerizing just like a 1:1 trophy truck, and for me it's the most important thing.

Strangely, the 1/10 Baja Rey suspension is nice and plush but they seem to have lost some of that when they scaled up to the SBR.
Losi is am awesome performance company and they tend to tune their RCs for overall performance rather than scale looking performance. Traxxas is all about scale performance. That started with the Slash, as far as I know, when they purposely tuned in body roll to make the truck look realistic while driving.
Old 06-13-2018, 08:18 AM   #307
Quarry Creeper

Well, since RC vehicles are by design a smaller scale replica of the 1:1, wouldn't tuning for scale performance yield the best performance for the conditions that vehicle was designed for? Don't get me wrong, if you're a beat your truck basher kind o' guy, you may want to make some suspension changes, but for all around performance a bashing setup usually isn't the greatest. Finding that balance of smooth and supple for small bump compliance, while having big hit bashing performance without bottoming out is near impossible in most rigs that I've owned, and it's always required some tinkering.

I'd buy the UDR in a heartbeat if I had anybody to go run with. But I'm not spending that kind of coin just to have it sit on a shelf with all the rest of my RC collection.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 08:52 AM   #308

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy View Post
Well, since RC vehicles are by design a smaller scale replica of the 1:1, wouldn't tuning for scale performance yield the best performance for the conditions that vehicle was designed for? Don't get me wrong, if you're a beat your truck basher kind o' guy, you may want to make some suspension changes, but for all around performance a bashing setup usually isn't the greatest. Finding that balance of smooth and supple for small bump compliance, while having big hit bashing performance without bottoming out is near impossible in most rigs that I've owned, and it's always required some tinkering.

I'd buy the UDR in a heartbeat if I had anybody to go run with. But I'm not spending that kind of coin just to have it sit on a shelf with all the rest of my RC collection.
No, I don't think turning an RC to have scale driving looks equates to the best driving performance. For instance, Traxxas tuned in body roll on the Slash. RCs are light so body roll is easily controllable. Too much body roll is obviously bad. Part of the reason the Slash doesn't handle well is because the springs are too soft. Switching to stiffer springs helps handling.

I'd love a UDR too, but I don't know where I'd find a good enough spot to have fun with a truck like that. Plus, the 4S thing is a buzzkill for me. I don't have any 4S batteries nor do I have enough 2S LiPos to double up enough to have much run time.
Old 06-13-2018, 12:45 PM   #309
RCC Addict

Nice protection plate...
:
Frank211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 05:34 PM   #310
~THE SCALE SHOP~

new vid from traxxas
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote