Notices

Thread: Toys R Us RIP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2018, 07:36 AM   #101
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Toys R Us RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings_of_fire View Post
I don't like the way Amazon has caused brick and mortar stores to close down. A balance between online and offline sales outlet would have been a much better outcome, but the governments won't regulate in such a way.
Wall Street killed TRU, Amazon didn't.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/leticiamira...t-30000-people
skellyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2018, 08:54 PM   #102
I wanna be Dave

Good article, pisses me off even more than I was already about this deal, though.
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 09:16 PM   #103
RCC Addict

I'll miss it, but I really did not buy much from them due to cost. We'd go to Babies r Us when we got the 20% coupons, but that was about it.

As for online killing business....I honestly don't have a problem paying a little extra buying from a local place vs buying from Amazon, but only if I get customer service to go with it. So many retail people just seem to be in it for that paycheck and do the minimum to engage customers and going the extra mile is out of the question, plus they know nothing about the products they are selling. If I'm going to have to search for a product for a long time and then go online to read reviews and specs while I'm in the store, I'll probably just order it from Amazon and have it in a day or two.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 02:47 PM   #104
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank211 View Post
Woolworths , Zoodys , and kmart for me !
Another subject, eating at the deli in Woolworths .
back in the late 70's we went to new orleans, canal street and always went shopping on maison blanche and woolworth, loved those places.
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 07:47 PM   #105
I wanna be Dave

I had to go to Walmart today and wandered through the baby toys and regular toys and seeing how those departments suck in that store kinda hit me. Now that I'm going to be an uncle this fall, I've come to a realization of something.......it's going to suck finally getting to be an uncle and not having Toy's "R" Us around any more........

I very well could have spent more there as an uncle than I ever did as one of their employees

Last edited by BJoe; 03-31-2019 at 07:53 PM.
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 07:48 AM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJoe View Post
I had to go to Walmart today and wandered through the baby toys and regular toys and seeing how those departments suck in that store kinda hit me. Now that I'm going to be an uncle this fall, I've come to a realization of something.......it's going to suck finally getting to be an uncle and not having Toy's "R" Us around any more........

I very well could have spent more there as an uncle than I ever did as one of their employees
I wanted to take my nephew to a toy store this weekend. Sadly, they don't exist anymore. We took him to a kid's arcade instead.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 08:44 AM   #107
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I wanted to take my nephew to a toy store this weekend. Sadly, they don't exist anymore. We took him to a kid's arcade instead.

You could always take a road trip to Canada, eh.

Somehow, we managed to hold on to Toys R Us for a little while longer.
rkj__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 02:52 PM   #108
I wanna be Dave

yeah we just had our 3rd kiddo, and he *MIGHT* not know what its like to walk into a store that is wall-to-wall dedicated to TOYS.
and yes, Walmart and target toy sections SUCK. pegs are empty or have stock from the last 2 years collecting dust.
then again... toys R us wasn't doing so hot towards the end and had the same problems.

HOPEFULLY they say they are bringing it back, and HOPEFULLY they fix the issues that caused their demise. high prices, nothing in stock... they need to beat Walmart at least for toys. or at least MATCH Walmart. and have the stuff in stock. its a whole store dedicated to toys... you should NEVER see empty pegs!!!
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 03:55 PM   #109
I wanna be Dave

A toy store cant survive with all of the electronic do-dads out now.

Game stop and other gaming stores have slowly and surly got rid of the toys r us with the help of lazy parents. The "toy" stores we now have are hobby shops. I'll have no problem buying rc stuff for my kids when they get older and my soon to be nephew. Honestly.. I cant wait!

Speaking of toys though legos will always speak to kids. I take my oldest son to the LEGOLAND at least once every 2 months. pretty soon here when it warms up.. I might start riding a "pro" scooter with him at the local skatepark.
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 05:52 PM   #110
Rock Stacker

My main focus of the toy world is LEGO. It’s funny to see them ending up where they are now, Michael’s being the oddest one. Undoubtedly TRU was the place to go, but recently the older & biggest Target where I live have redesigned their toy section & included a massive LEGO section with this huge plastic display of two minifigures on a slide. It looks like the overall toy section is bigger as well.
NoobCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote

Toys R Us RIP - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What A Rip Red Rockcrawler Chit Chat 4 03-23-2008 07:26 PM
The Rip-Saw Racefan1115 Chit Chat 12 02-18-2007 12:34 AM