Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Glad I'm into R/C again!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2019, 04:28 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Glad I'm into R/C again!

I'm so glad to back into R/C scaling again, I've been back since around September but was out of it for around four years, back then I had some personal problems that I'm not gonna get into here but all I can say is those problems sucked every ounce of joy and the desire to want to do anything right out of me. All I did was watch TV, go to bed and go to work and repeat. Back around September I decided I couldn't live like that anymore. I bought myself a used TRX4 Bronco and slowly but surely I'm finally feeling like myself again, I haven't hardly watched any new TV, it's usually Family Guy repeats and that's on while I'm actually doing something productive. If I'm not down at my bench working on one of my trucks I'm doing something productive, anyhow just wanted to say I'm glad to be back and feeling good again!
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2019, 06:18 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Glad I'm into R/C again!

Heck yeah man, glad you were able to get some problems behind you whatever they were. That can be extremely difficult whatever they may be. Even if there are people trying to be there and support you, you may not recognize it all the time. In any case, welcome back. This is a hobby that never truly leaves your soul I believe. You grow up, get into other stuff, life changes etc.. But then you have kids, and then your buying cars for every one of "them" You always find an interest back in it no matter what lol.
Joshs4x4toyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 06:43 PM   #3

Glad you're back!

There's no better time to be in scale RC. Traxxas is tearing it up with the TRX-4.

I had a rough break up and building my Tamiya CC-01 helped me get through it. Funny thing is I ended up hating that truck so we broke up as well! Trail runs were great for the mind as well and still are.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 06:44 PM   #4
RCC Addict

In the short time that I've been here, you've been very helpful and neighborly. For that I'd just like to say "Thank you!" and welcome back into this awesome hobby full of great people.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 06:52 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

That's great your back into the rc. It's tough when something overwhelm us and sucks our energy. Keep your head up high and enjoy the builds and fixing that's going on.
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 06:59 PM   #6
Go Buckeyes!

Glad your feeling good again and welcome back into this awesome hobby!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 07:30 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Thanks for all the kind words guys, it’s great to be out from under that dark cloud finally!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 02-28-2019, 08:49 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

I had some rough times and crawlers were a great outlet for me. I dont regret going full hog on the hobby at all
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 04:06 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

You couldn't have picked a better time to get back in. So many exciting things going on in the scale community! There is lots of competition and innovative products being released. Welcome back to the hobby! If you are on instagram, there is an amazing RC community. Have fun!
coffeeaddict17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 09:49 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

I got back into it a few years ago, because my son became old enough to try driving one, and I got hit by the nostalgia of all the Tamiya/Kyosho re-releases. That led to picking up a Super Clod Buster, which led into me discovering the world of scale crawlers.

If scale/crawling were around 25 yrs ago, I don't know if I would've left. It's so relaxing to just go out on a hike and drive these little trucks up and down rocks.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 01:24 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by kincer View Post
those problems sucked every ounce of joy and the desire to want to do anything right out of me. All I did was watch TV, go to bed and go to work and repeat
I know this isn't the place for a therapy session, but how did you get through it? I ask because I've been feeling like this for about 4 years now. All I do is work, watch tv, repeat. Family and friends, especially friends think I should be on top of the world. I'm single, have no kids, see my girlfriend once a week, have plenty of r/c toys, and just bought a house. I just can't get out of this funk. I bought a truck kit almost two years ago, started to build it, then lost interest...along with planes and boats. I'm desperately trying to find the fun again.
Johnnysplits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 07:26 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnysplits View Post
I know this isn't the place for a therapy session, but how did you get through it? I ask because I've been feeling like this for about 4 years now. All I do is work, watch tv, repeat. Family and friends, especially friends think I should be on top of the world. I'm single, have no kids, see my girlfriend once a week, have plenty of r/c toys, and just bought a house. I just can't get out of this funk. I bought a truck kit almost two years ago, started to build it, then lost interest...along with planes and boats. I'm desperately trying to find the fun again.
I don't know what will work for you but I just got to a point where I couldn't take another day of nothing, I knew Rc would help but I had to force myself at first, now I see something that needs done I get it done, like I said I really had to force myself at first then week by week I started feeling better and better. Maybe for now Rc isn't what you need, maybe you need something else that would get you motivated, hope you find what helps you, I know what it's like and it SUCKS!
Old 03-01-2019, 07:39 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

First of all, glad you found something your passionate about that got you out of the slump. And welcome back! I can definitely relate.

Second of all, for anyone else asking, find something, anything that tends to lift your mood and MAKE yourself do it regularly. Even when you don't feel like it, get up off your ass and DO IT. For me, I need physical exercise at least every other day. A mountain or road bike ride, a run, hike, walk, workout, etc. I have insomnia along with mild depression and ADHD. My sleep routine and other healthy habits go to shit in a hurry if I don't get enough exercise to make myself physically tired. As a side benefit, the endorphin dump from exercise makes you feel great. I feel great all day after a good morning run before the majority of my little town even gets out of bed. It also helps your metabolism, and keeps the middle aged spare tire at bay.

That's what works for me personally. But everyone has to find their own thing, and stick with it even when you think you don't want to do it. I can't stress this enough. You are in charge of your brain, and you have to take control and set the schedule.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 07:39 PM   #14

Quote:
That does sound like the perfect life to me!

Are you lonely? That can really mess a person up. If not does your job suck the life out of you? A bad job is like a bad relationship if not worse. You spend most of your awake time there during the week.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 07:41 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
That does sound like the perfect life to me!

Are you lonely? That can really mess a person up. If not does your job suck the life out of you? A bad job is like a bad relationship if not worse. You spend most of your awake time there during the week.
Have you been spying on me Tim?
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 07:51 PM   #16
RCC Addict

Hmmm...woman problems???? LOL

Crawlers are rad!!

I have just as much fun as the 1:1's. I had almost thirty thousand in my crawler. OMFG
Browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 08:58 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

I have been there. It got to the point for me where I was feeding my 2 year old and I just started crying and I didn't know why. I called the doc and they got me in right away. Got me on some anti depression medication. It took almost a year before I got off of the meds. Depression is nothing to be ashamed of and if you think you might have even a bit of it I would TELL your doc.
Druxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 04:39 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I guess my deal is to focus on what I have myself, and to stop worrying about and being pissed all the time of everything I see other people have. I really hate pulling up to a red light in my 2005 Corolla and having a BMW, Cadillac, and Mercedes...all either brand new or less than two years old, sitting next to me at the same time. Makes me want to kick myself in the ass for not going to college and having a plan for my life. All of my old friends from the teenage years of which we cut class all the time to go hang and smoke weed, are ALL sucessful. One of my friends recently bought an $800K house. I'm too embarrassed to tell him that I bought a house that's 1/8th of what his cost. The money thing never really bothered me until I turned about 33. It was then that I realized that I'm nowhere that I thought I'd be in life. I'm 51 now and this crap has been bumming me out for the last 28 years. I have a really good job...benefit wise, it fits me perfectly, but they really put the squeeze on with payroll. Thank goodness there's plenty of overtime available.
Johnnysplits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 05:47 AM   #19
RCC Addict

Quote:
Thanks for all the feedback guys. I guess my deal is to focus on what I have myself, and to stop worrying about and being pissed all the time of everything I see other people have. I really hate pulling up to a red light in my 2005 Corolla and having a BMW, Cadillac, and Mercedes...all either brand new or less than two years old, sitting next to me at the same time. Makes me want to kick myself in the ass for not going to college and having a plan for my life. All of my old friends from the teenage years of which we cut class all the time to go hang and smoke weed, are ALL sucessful. One of my friends recently bought an $800K house. I'm too embarrassed to tell him that I bought a house that's 1/8th of what his cost. The money thing never really bothered me until I turned about 33. It was then that I realized that I'm nowhere that I thought I'd be in life. I'm 51 now and this crap has been bumming me out for the last 28 years. I have a really good job...benefit wise, it fits me perfectly, but they really put the squeeze on with payroll. Thank goodness there's plenty of overtime available.
Life is not about what you have or don't have compared to someone else it's what you do with what you do have.
Old 03-02-2019, 09:12 AM   #20
RCC Addict

Things you own is just 'stuff'. Once you've had it all then it doesn't really matter, and you find those things are not what create happiness, and you can't take them with you, and that crap won't love you back. So it's just stuff.

My first wife was a hag. Should have never married her. We built a huge custom home in an estate area out in the country. Nag nag nag. 6K sq ft, 4-car garage, 5 acres...like a dream place. I lived there 2 months and left, moved into an 800sq ft apartment with two girls, was happy as a pig in shit.

I've owned over 40 cars in my driving career, flown planes, built and bought many boats, and been in bankruptcy once and nearly twice. Been hung out to dry, times where we didn't have 2 nickels to rub together, buying beans with a credit card. It's all pretty much the same.

Raising children is gratifying for sure, but they cost a half-mil each, take a third of your life to raise, and grow up to hate you. A thankless job. LOL. But I think people miss out on what life is really about if you skip all that.

Life is like a box of chocolates...
Happiness comes from within - no one nor anything can give that to you. You have to earn it all on your own. I'm ready to go and ready to stay. Maybe I have another dozen years...maybe.
Browneye is offline   Reply With Quote

Glad I'm into R/C again! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Glad to have known you my friend... bbyrd22 Chit Chat 27 04-26-2013 08:05 PM
Glad to be home........ CRSMacgyver Past RCCA qualifiers 8 10-11-2010 11:05 PM
Glad its over!! (panic in a can) willyrocket Chit Chat 17 06-06-2005 02:11 PM