Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Back in the saddle again!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2019, 09:24 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Back in the saddle again!

Man, time really flies. When I first joined here in 2005, Clodbusters and TLT rigs roamed the Earth, and lathe motors were the hottest thing. Now look at where we are!

Though I stepped away from the hobby, I've always missed RC. I'd flip through a mag or drop by the forums just to see what's up, but couldn't justify getting back in. Just too busy.

But now I have the perfect excuse - my son! Yup, got married, bought a house, changed jobs, and had a kid. Now that he's old enough, what better hobby to share with him than RC? He even gave me a gift certificate to the LHS for my birthday. We picked up a LaTrax Teton to bash around the yard, and so far he's loving it! He even likes to wrench on it. We stripped out the steering servo, and he couldn't wait to tear the truck apart. That's my boy!

The best part is having my own yard means I can build my own course! I've got big plans, just gotta' make sure I don't get too carried away. But I think the wife will enjoy the koi pond and waterfall I want to incorporate...

Anyway, it's good to be back!
Mad Scientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2019, 07:28 AM   #2
Suck it up!

Default Re: Back in the saddle again!

Welcome back!
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 08:45 AM   #3
Slow is the new Fast

Default Re: Back in the saddle again!

I have two sons myself. It was eldest’s discovery of my 80’s OG Tamiyas that brought me back. He found them while digging through my parents basement storage. I was pretty blown away when I went down to my local hobby store looking for Tamiya parts and saw what turned out to be the Axial’s Exo Terra and Vaterra’s Twin Hammers sitting on the counter.

Fast forward a few years. That same kid is just finishing his second build, first crawler.

Personally, I am in deeper now than I was as a kid. It’s pretty fun to have a grown ups money and a child’s heart.
smog is online now   Reply With Quote

Back in the saddle again! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Back in the Saddle! BJoe Non Crawler RC's 15 03-07-2021 02:56 PM
DMG Stiffy Kit: Long Back or Short Back DrDiff952 Axial Wraith 0 01-14-2014 09:48 PM
Back in the Saddle Again JKJim Illinois 5 07-07-2012 09:29 AM
Land Rover Lightweight - Back in the saddle CrawlnSlow 1.9 Scale Rigs 2 12-03-2009 06:46 PM