Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Gender Reveal Parties...WTH?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2019, 07:08 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Gender Reveal Parties...WTH?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2019, 11:50 AM   #22

At least we still have parents that know there are only two genders.
JatoTheRipper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 12:43 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
They are becoming a rarer breed these days.
Old 08-15-2019, 01:39 PM   #24
RCC Addict

Quote:
What happens if you have an intersex baby?
Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 01:44 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneetches View Post
Do you mean a hermaphrodite?
Old 08-15-2019, 01:55 PM   #26
RCC Addict

Quote:
That's the old term for it but it's not a very apt description in the case of humans. It's still fine for plants and slugs though.
Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 02:49 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Quote:
Given that hermaphrodites make up 0.05% of the population, likely that this is not an issue. However, this is the only segment of the population that should be given any sway as to what gender they are. For the rest of the 99.95% of the population, it is pretty easy. If you are confused, take a little "me" time, go to the restroom, close (and lock) the door, pull down (or up) all articles of clothes below the waste and look down.

And, in truth, I really don't care what the gremlins swimming around that soup pot you call a brain are telling you. You can be any flavor of gender you want to be, if you want to be a big blue bunny with a pink tail and green horn, happy hopping. What ever it takes to get you out of bed in the morning and back in at night, go with it. But, when you start telling me that I have to play along with your delusions, that is where I start having a problem with it.
Old 08-15-2019, 05:09 PM   #28
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
Given that hermaphrodites make up 0.05% of the population, likely that this is not an issue. However, this is the only segment of the population that should be given any sway as to what gender they are. For the rest of the 99.95% of the population, it is pretty easy. If you are confused, take a little "me" time, go to the restroom, close (and lock) the door, pull down (or up) all articles of clothes below the waste and look down.

And, in truth, I really don't care what the gremlins swimming around that soup pot you call a brain are telling you. You can be any flavor of gender you want to be, if you want to be a big blue bunny with a pink tail and green horn, happy hopping. What ever it takes to get you out of bed in the morning and back in at night, go with it. But, when you start telling me that I have to play along with your delusions, that is where I start having a problem with it.
I completely again scott! God doesnt make a mistake! If u got a wee willy, youre a dang boy/man, if u aint got one, youre a girl/woman, simple as that! Im not playin along with that game they got goin with 'wat gender do u wanna be?' Just like the whole 'gay pride' crap. U wanna b gay, fine by me, but keep it behind closed doors. We dont wanna see that either. Its not right to teach the younger gen that its ok to be gay or change gender. Be wat u wanna be, but dont push it off on evrybody else n make us have to change everything to b "gender courtious". Like the whole 'man hole cove' crap, its now a 'maintenance hole cover'. Man, woMAN, huMAN, simple as that!

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk
indybama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 05:19 PM   #29

Quote:
That's the old term for it but it's not a very apt description in the case of humans. It's still fine for plants and slugs though.

Those are very rare cases and those people are statistically freaks of nature. Outside of those anomalies there are two genders.
Old 08-22-2019, 09:32 PM   #30
RCC Addict

My kids are 3 and 4. No gender reveal parties because I think they're ****ing stupid and I dont crave attention.

We did have a baby shower for the first one and I went. Everyone knew it was a girl beforehand. For the second kid, we told our family my wife was pregnant...and we're moving over a thousand miles away at the same time. Not sure what was the bigger surprise.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 04:16 AM   #31
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Gender Revile Parties...WTH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Dawg View Post
Why were there men at this thing? I thought these basically had the same attendance as a baby shower.
In our area, its become common to see men at the baby shower as well. I personally did not attend our baby shower, but it seems to be more and more common. As for the gender reveal party, I believe its just an excuse to have a party
coffeeaddict17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 09:33 AM   #32

i got a 4 and 1 year old. the gender reveal party for the first one was me and my wife and the photographer. We put some color water in super soaks and sprayed our white shirts so we could have a fun way to show our family that lived 1500 miles away at the time. the second one was mixed in with the hey were moving back home, so im not sure what they were more excited for.
turboturro88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 10:18 AM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col_Sanders View Post
My kids are 3 and 4. No gender reveal parties because I think they're ****ing stupid and I dont crave attention.

We did have a baby shower for the first one and I went. Everyone knew it was a girl beforehand. For the second kid, we told our family my wife was pregnant...and we're moving over a thousand miles away at the same time. Not sure what was the bigger surprise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeeaddict17 View Post
In our area, its become common to see men at the baby shower as well. I personally did not attend our baby shower, but it seems to be more and more common. As for the gender reveal party, I believe its just an excuse to have a party
I might be splitting hairs here, but I see a difference between a baby shower and gender reveal parties. One seems to about the expecting couple, and gifts are given to help them out with the new arrival. The other seems to be a self-serving exercise. And, like someone said, it might just be an excuse to have a party, which I am cool with, but can thing of better reasons for popping a keg...

I do find it funny that the more liberal/leftist minded have these, when they don't believe in genders... Seems like this would be something they would shun.
Old 08-30-2019, 05:48 PM   #34
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
Gender reveal parties are the stupidest thing in the world. Every last one of them is lame, no exceptions.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Dawg View Post
Why were there men at this thing? I thought these basically had the same attendance as a baby shower.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSP View Post
It's a byproduct of the social media look at me phenomenon. Just like how stupid homecoming, prom, birthday parties, vacations, weddings, marriage proposals, etc have gotten. People are literally going into major debt for these celebrations, which I will never understand.
Seems that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeeaddict17 View Post
I've been invited to a few baby showers...thanks but no thanks....I'll pass.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 12:29 PM   #35
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiMax View Post
Oh, I know what you are talking about. Our friends invited us to this kind of a party last month. My wife spent days looking for a proper dress and a gift. It seemed she was preparing for a wedding. And now I understand why men don't like attending such events. I think it shouldn't be so stressful, both for parents and their guests.
That was the nice part about when my Sister and BiL let us know, it was just part of a party for our Moms’ birthdays and the only thing that was really special was that Dad rented a ramp van for Mom so we could take her to the restaurant and my BiL’s older Sister was already flying in from California for their Mom’s birthday anyway, so it was perfect timing!
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 12:43 PM   #36
RCC Addict

When Democrats started accepting Groomers in Education positions.
Timmahh is offline   Reply With Quote

Gender Reveal Parties...WTH? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wth?? ROLANDROCKSHOP Chit Chat 13 02-01-2012 02:06 PM
Wth?!?!?? demonoid369 Electronics 39 05-17-2011 10:08 AM
April 15th tea parties JasonInAugusta Chit Chat 42 04-15-2009 10:40 PM
What determines the gender of a plug? Thorsteenster Electronics 9 03-19-2008 07:02 AM
Anyone here have block parties? RodyRazorBackc5 Chit Chat 63 10-27-2006 03:50 AM