Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Waiting for the ups/fed ex truck

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2019, 01:15 PM   #21

Default Re: Waiting for the ups/fed ex truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by kincer View Post
I really want to applaud everyone in this thread for not complaining too much, long story short I lost my job of 30 plus years in September of this year due to a total plant closure, anyhow in October I applied at UPS for a driver position and they sent me to school and I've been working since November. I used to complain to myself at how long shipping takes sometimes but now that I've been on the other end of it and I'll never complain again, there's so much behind the scenes that I had no idea about. The sheer amount of packages that come through our small hub is insane, I couldn't imagine working at a huge hub. It is a small miracle that anything gets where it needs to be. Everybody that works in the shipping industry no matter what company they all earn every penny. I'm looking forward to January to get some wrenching time because I've had no time the last two months for anything but work. I got the good news the other day that they are keeping me on after peak season for a steady route
I agree with this. We are spoiled with fast shipping these days so now we expect it. When I was a kid it wouldn't be out of the ordinary to wait more than a week for a small shipment. That's uncommon these days unless it's coming from Asia.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2019, 03:21 PM   #22
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
Sorry to hear the bad news. It's tough when you lose a job, been there done that. Lost my new house the wife and me were building long long time ago. It's great to hear you picked up with ups. Hope things keep positive for you. I know a few people there myself and they like it. It is a miracle that the packages get where they need to all go. It takes a pretty good infustructe to make it happen. Let me say I'm grateful for the work I do and that I have a good place to work, job security, retirement plan, and a pension, pretty good insurance.
Thanks for your thoughts, fortunately I was able to get my pension from my old job and even though my new route will only be 30 hours a week I'll be making about what i was making at my old job. I also learned that after 9 months you get great benefits even for part time people at UPS.
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 04:21 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

id still like to think a select few of the people at UPS have lug nuts for brains. they "lose" or "misplace" packages. my ex wife used to work at a UPS hub. packages were lost and misplaced a lot. hence, ex wife. wasn't just her though.. I have actually had to go in there a few times and help them find things. ill stick to USPS, they haven't lost as many of my packages shipping out as much as UPS. love the hell out of fedex though. its nice, never once a package has been left on my doorstep while I was gone, and never once has one been lost.

I ship via USPS because its cheaper. they have only lost 1 package going out.
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 04:48 PM   #24
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM9000 View Post
id still like to think a select few of the people at UPS have lug nuts for brains. they "lose" or "misplace" packages. my ex wife used to work at a UPS hub. packages were lost and misplaced a lot. hence, ex wife. wasn't just her though.. I have actually had to go in there a few times and help them find things. ill stick to USPS, they haven't lost as many of my packages shipping out as much as UPS. love the hell out of fedex though. its nice, never once a package has been left on my doorstep while I was gone, and never once has one been lost.

I ship via USPS because its cheaper. they have only lost 1 package going out.
No place is perfect and yes there are some there with lug nuts for brains but you have that every where, I too prefer USPS for shipping little items. Point is no matter who ships it there's a lot going on in the background that most are not aware of. 90% of the people that work for shipping earn their money, the lugnuts are just along for the ride lol
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 06:35 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by kincer View Post
No place is perfect and yes there are some there with lug nuts for brains but you have that every where, I too prefer USPS for shipping little items. Point is no matter who ships it there's a lot going on in the background that most are not aware of. 90% of the people that work for shipping earn their money, the lugnuts are just along for the ride lol
Shhh don't let UPS hear you say that!

I've been laid off twice in my career so far, both due to economic downturns, and in the end it always works out for the better.
Old 12-18-2019, 06:52 AM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
I'm all excited for my package to show up today. But it feels like its taking forever for it to show up today. Its early in the morning and it feels like Christmas for me to get my package. So I'll just keep waiting......and waiting.....

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk
This is pretty much me every day after work...

I ordered up a couple of sets of premium Chinesium beadlocks off of Amazon for my TRX6, and have been waiting two months for them to get delivered. I have ordered beadlocks from this company before, I like their products, and it has always taken two to three weeks for the stuff to arrive. This time I am wondering if the ship sank...
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 02:22 PM   #27
Rock Crawler

After the initial mess, i will be picking up mu stuff from German tomorrow, thanks to UPS

And though UPS in Danish is what you say when you drop and ruin something, i am pretty relaxed.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 08:02 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

I should have bitched earlier...

Look what showed up today. And, a good illustration of the hazards of owning a 6x6...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 06:04 AM   #29

I saw this GIF this morning and it's perfectly fitting for this thread!

Where there's a will there's a way...

Edit: Goddamnit. It looks like embed isn't working again!
Old 12-19-2019, 06:07 AM   #30
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I saw this GIF this morning and it's perfectly fitting for this thread!

Where there's a will there's a way...

Edit: Goddamnit. It looks like embed isn't working again!
Now that's funny sh$$!

Um, it is working for me!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 07:56 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Now that's funny sh$$!

Um, it is working for me!
It's working now for me as well. Embed is bipolar or maybe it's my Chrome browser.
Old 12-19-2019, 08:00 AM   #32
Rock Crawler

It looked much more classy when i just picked up my GFX head.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Waiting for the ups/fed ex truck - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I'm about fed up with Paypal nascarkeith Chit Chat 6 01-07-2012 12:29 AM
Waiting for the UPS Truck Doc Mojave Chit Chat 6 03-20-2010 04:34 PM
Fed up! Drvnbeing Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 22 05-25-2009 09:49 PM
More Fed-Ex JasonInAugusta Chit Chat 18 02-16-2007 11:57 PM