Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Waiting for the ups/fed ex truck

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2019, 09:38 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Waiting for the ups/fed ex truck

I'm all excited for my package to show up today. But it feels like its taking forever for it to show up today. Its early in the morning and it feels like Christmas for me to get my package. So I'll just keep waiting......and waiting.....

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2019, 09:47 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Waiting for the ups/fed ex truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
I'm all excited for my package to show up today. But it feels like its taking forever for it to show up today. Its early in the morning and it feels like Christmas for me to get my package. So I'll just keep waiting......and waiting.....

Yes sir this is fedex i have your package and you will get it when I feel like giving it to you. Maybe soon maybe later tonight i dont know yet. Just kidding im just a lowly unloader for fedex at night

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
freakofnature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 09:57 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

The memes are all so true except when a signature is required then delivery man has been there and the "no one was there to sign for the package" note has been taped to your door since 4 am.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 10:20 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

I had the same feeling about my GFX cooler.

BUT

You see upon ordering i put in that i live in number 23, but i actually live in number 34.
So the DAY before arrival i contacted DHL, and they could not do anything.
Then i contacted Danish postal which work with DHL and will be delivering the parcel.
And they was also not able to do anything but said " as the address are wrong the parcel just go back to the post office where you can then pick it up"
And really that make sense to me, i can just flash identification on the post office and get my parcel.
BUT ! then on Wednesday on the day of arrival i see they tried to deliver at 10:30 in the morning, so again at 15:30 i contact Danish postal and got to talk to a nice girl.
And she said " yes i can see your parcel have been attempted delivery and are now back at the post office, so let me change that 23 in the address to 34 and then it should be delivered tomorrow"
So i was pretty happy and went out to do some shopping.
And when i got home a hour later i decided to check the tracking number, and wouldn't you know, it now said that at 16:30 the parcel are being sent back to Germany
So now i paid for shipping a second time, and hope Alphacool will be putting the right address on the parcel the #2 time around and not just resend with same address.
So my GFX cooler just got 11 EURO more expensive

So just if i again spew my hate towards Danish postal,,,,, well you know its for good reasons.
Okay i know i put in wrong house number, but phone number and e mail was correct and #23 are just 10 M down the road from where i live just on the other side of the street.
And really i am sure most other postal services would have been able to resolve this without returning parcel in 6 hours or so.

Last edited by Peaker; 12-13-2019 at 10:24 AM.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 11:59 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Thumbs up Re: Waiting for the ups/fed ex truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakofnature View Post
Yes sir this is fedex i have your package and you will get it when I feel like giving it to you. Maybe soon maybe later tonight i dont know yet. Just kidding im just a lowly unloader for fedex at night

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
Lol, that's great. That's probably how the delivery guys feel or joke about. I appreciate that your a unloaded. There's always so many people in jobs that make stuff happen that never get seen or talked about, so thank you.
Old 12-13-2019, 12:07 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaker View Post

BUT

You see upon ordering i put in that i live in number 23, but i actually live in number 34.
Then i contacted Danish postal which work with DHL and will be delivering the parcel.
And they was also not able to do anything but said " as the address are wrong the parcel just go back to the post office where you can then pick it up"
And really that make sense to me, i can just flash identification on the post office and get my parcel.
BUT ! then on Wednesday on the day of arrival i see they tried to deliver at 10:30 in the morning, so again at 15:30 i contact Danish postal and got to talk to a nice girl.
And she said " yes i can see your parcel have been attempted delivery and are now back at the post office, so let me change that 23 in the address to 34 and then it should be delivered tomorrow"
And when i got home a hour later i decided to check the tracking number, and wouldn't you know, it now said that at 16:30 the parcel are being sent back to Germany
So now i paid for shipping a second time, and hope Alphacool will be putting the right address on the parcel the #2 time around and not just resend with same address.

So just if i again spew my hate towards Danish postal,,,,, well you know its for good reasons.
Okay i know i put in wrong house number, but phone number and e mail was correct and #23 are just 10 M down the road from where i live just on the other side of the street.
And really i am sure most other postal services would have been able to resolve this without returning parcel in 6 hours or so.
Ouch, that sucks. Hopefully it all works out somehow. Before I confirm my orders i always triple check that info is correct. My wife did something like what you did. She ordered some stuff and when it shipped and got delivered it went to the old address. Completely her fault for not changing the address. Needless to say the people we sold the house to completely denied that they took it. She had to reorder it all again. Nothing like paying twice for something.
Old 12-13-2019, 12:58 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

I don't worry so much a out shipping since it getting to them is usually the bigger delay for me. I ordered car parts and Christmas gifts for my Niece over Thanksgiving weekend then a had, shirt, and couple Lil' Yellow Banana XJ stickers from Winder Towing this past sunday.
So far the arrival order is as such....
D.I.Y. Cozy Coupe and extension trays for my food dehydrator 2 days
Rear Rotors for my 200- mid week last week
R/C Parts from A-Main for a lot basher buggy and silicon connectors for intake tube ordered for 200- last friday
Placed order with Winder Towing- Sunday
Rest of baby gifts showed up from multi big name retailer (has 3 B's in the name)-Monday
Full Winder order and intake tube (which had to be made then painted before shipping!)- Yesterday

Interesting that the little towing and recovery service in Utah that has a fleet of XJs for recovery jobs can get me an order in less time and that a speed parts shop in Arizona that specializes in GM products and has a side service for 3.6l Mopars can make and ship a product a just a few more days that a nation wide retailer can ship premade products it didn't show as backordered or out of stock when ordered.....
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 05:52 AM   #8

i ended up finding a ups guy! i had to drop a package off to a drop box as it said it was the closest to me. the ups guy happened to be there and took it from me and when i asked where the actual drop box was for next time he said he had no cluse as hes never seen it there before...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
Ouch, that sucks. Hopefully it all works out somehow. Before I confirm my orders i always triple check that info is correct. My wife did something like what you did. She ordered some stuff and when it shipped and got delivered it went to the old address. Completely her fault for not changing the address. Needless to say the people we sold the house to completely denied that they took it. She had to reorder it all again. Nothing like paying twice for something.
About a year ago now we moved from from the warm south to the frozen north. my father in law gave me his snowblower which needed to be fixed. I figured out what was wrong, ordered parts on amazon and 2 days later they were sitting nice and warm on our front porch 1500 miles away while we got 8 inches of snow. That was a sad, cold mistake.
turboturro88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 09:28 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Pretty good UPS story from just yesterday...

I was pretty sure that my wife was getting me a Capra for my birthday in a few weeks. But I had no idea that she had already ordered it. Well she was at work and I was home... Then "DING DONG!". I go to the door and Holy Cow!... UPS guy is standing there with a large box that says "AXIAL" it. I sign for it and bring it in.

Well my buddy is with me as we're getting ready to paint a new body for his trx4. He's like "Duuuude!!!... etc, etc". But I tell him "Yeah... but one problem". He says what's that? and I tell him "She's going to be really devastated that my birthday present ( and the surprise) was a done deal and that she never even got a chance to wrap it or to see me open it. He didn't think that was a big deal but I know my wife and I wanted to do the right thing.

So... I tell him that I may be able to fix the situation by setting it back outside the door after she texts me that she's on her way home. And that's just what I did. I know how long it takes her to get home and so I waited about 5 mins after her text, put it back out on the porch, and just stood staring out the peephole until I saw her pull into the driveway lol. Then I immediately ran into the kitchen and got back to making dinner... playing dumb as to anything that might have been left outside the door.

My only concern was that I had to sign for the package and I was worried that she might check her email/ tracking and see that it had been signed for. But I decided to roll the dice on that one and it seems like all is good since she would've said something had she found out. I don't know what she did with the box but it's either here in the house somewhere or in the trunk of her car. I made sure to "not see" her come inside and I played the part of "unsuspecting husband" perfectly. She has no idea that I know about it.

Now the problem is that I have to wait until Dec 29th before I can open it!! But I do have to say that it's worth it just for the sheer fact that my wife will be able to feel as if her birthday surprise was a success. Like my buddy said too... "You have enough other rc projects to keep you busy anyway!" lol.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 10:25 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Drifter, that's a great story...

Reminds me of when I was a high school kid, and I had asked for a particular Seiko watch for graduation.

I found it one day a couple months early, and couldn't resist taking it out of the box and slippin' it on my wrist...

Then had to put it back and wait!

It was the coolest watch, black anodized metal digital watch with a bubbled magnifying lens crystal over an angled full digital readout, so that you could read it with your hands on the steering wheel.

Was marketed as a "driving watch", never saw anything like it before or since.

EDIT(!)

Too cool, I just went on a hunt, and managed to find images of it - it's been reissued as a limited edition, running about $400 (way more than it was when I got it, I think it was about $125 back in '83 - too bad it's so pricey, I'd love to have a new one!) - Giorgetto Giugiaro designed it - same guy that did the original Golf among dozens of other famous cars and other objects:

Last edited by durok; 12-14-2019 at 10:41 AM.
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 10:44 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

This morning I was checking the tracking on a package from VP and noticed they were set to delivery yesterday but it got returned to the post office for address verification.

Now I need to see if I can intercept it before they return it to the sender! I always feel weird doing this because they're technically closed but I can go to their back door and ring a bell. When they come out they're usually annoyed to see a customer.

Little update: Got the package, yes they were not pleased to see me at the back door, No there was nothing wrong with the address! It must have got put on the wrong truck/route

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 12-14-2019 at 11:23 AM.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 11:54 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
Drifter, that's a great story...

Reminds me of when I was a high school kid, and I had asked for a particular Seiko watch for graduation.

I found it one day a couple months early, and couldn't resist taking it out of the box and slippin' it on my wrist...

Then had to put it back and wait!

It was the coolest watch, black anodized metal digital watch with a bubbled magnifying lens crystal over an angled full digital readout, so that you could read it with your hands on the steering wheel.

Was marketed as a "driving watch", never saw anything like it before or since.

EDIT(!)

Too cool, I just went on a hunt, and managed to find images of it - it's been reissued as a limited edition, running about $400 (way more than it was when I got it, I think it was about $125 back in '83 - too bad it's so pricey, I'd love to have a new one!) - Giorgetto Giugiaro designed it - same guy that did the original Golf among dozens of other famous cars and other objects:
Man that's a seriously cool watch! About what I paid for one of my first cars in high school in 1985 ( $500 for a '74 Cutlass).

Yeah... my buddy and I contemplated opening the box just to get a look at the Capra but I very quickly realized that it was just a bad move if I was gonna try to carry out my "I never saw it" plan lol.

Btw- I love google searching old stuff that I remembered myself or my family having when I was a kid... Jotul 602 wood-burning stove, Hamilton Beach Butter Up popcorn popper, Fisher Price Parking Ramp/ Service Elevator, Big Jim Sports Camper, Jarts... just to name a few. Man what a fun and dangerous time to be alive!

Sorry OP for the nostalgic hijack.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 11:34 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaker View Post

BUT

That nice girl turned out to be not so nice.

If only people used common sense instead of following standard operating procedures.
wings_of_fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 02:54 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Lots of good stories guys. I like watching winder towing on you tube. Sounds like there pretty good about mailing out there merchandise. That sucks turboturbo88 that your parts were so far away sitting at the wrong place.

That's sweet your wife got you a capra high plains drifter...so lucky. Good way to play innocent lol.

Myself....finally got all my stuff...well mostly. Waiting for one more package tomorrow. So another long day of waiting lol. That's ok I've been so busy with everything I don't have much time it feels like for rc stuff. But I'm not giving up on the hobby. It just takes me much longer to do anything. I've got to find another ci foam. I found one left if Hong Kong but I dont feel like waiting for a month for it to show up so I'll wait for a few weeks for my lhs to get more in stock.

Old 12-16-2019, 08:39 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

Finally the last of my order. A proline jeep gladiator body. I've got a jeep wrangler body I'm working on and side by side with gladiator the proportions are definitely different. Still excited to just get one. It's going to be awhile before it gets done. This new body will sit nice on my scx10.2 when ever I get it done.

Old 12-16-2019, 11:30 PM   #16
Rock Stacker

I’m all of those pictures & more...I’m usually a patient person but that all goes out the window when I’m waiting for something I ordered. I check tracking everyday(several when it gets closer). Whenever I hear a FedEx truck I always get excited even though I know it’s not for me. It’s terrible...
NoobCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 06:38 AM   #17

If it's FedEx be prepared to wait and wait and wait. Hopefully they don't lose the package. FedEx is so bad that scAmazon has barred third party sellers from using FedEx ground. Think about that...
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 07:55 AM   #18
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobCrawler View Post
I’m all of those pictures & more...I’m usually a patient person but that all goes out the window when I’m waiting for something I ordered. I check tracking everyday(several when it gets closer). Whenever I hear a FedEx truck I always get excited even though I know it’s not for me. It’s terrible...
So very true. I dont order alot online, but when I do I'm always checking every day where my package is in transit. I also sign up for email notification as well. But still check with the tracking number, lol. Messed up isn't it? When I know the delivery is that day for sure I feel like a kid again waiting for the ice cream truck to come by.
Old 12-17-2019, 12:49 PM   #19
RCC Addict

I really want to applaud everyone in this thread for not complaining too much, long story short I lost my job of 30 plus years in September of this year due to a total plant closure, anyhow in October I applied at UPS for a driver position and they sent me to school and I've been working since November. I used to complain to myself at how long shipping takes sometimes but now that I've been on the other end of it and I'll never complain again, there's so much behind the scenes that I had no idea about. The sheer amount of packages that come through our small hub is insane, I couldn't imagine working at a huge hub. It is a small miracle that anything gets where it needs to be. Everybody that works in the shipping industry no matter what company they all earn every penny. I'm looking forward to January to get some wrenching time because I've had no time the last two months for anything but work. I got the good news the other day that they are keeping me on after peak season for a steady route
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 01:14 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kincer View Post
I really want to applaud everyone in this thread for not complaining too much, long story short I lost my job of 30 plus years in September of this year due to a total plant closure, anyhow in October I applied at UPS for a driver position and they sent me to school and I've been working since November. I used to complain to myself at how long shipping takes sometimes but now that I've been on the other end of it and I'll never complain again, there's so much behind the scenes that I had no idea about. The sheer amount of packages that come through our small hub is insane, I couldn't imagine working at a huge hub. It is a small miracle that anything gets where it needs to be. Everybody that works in the shipping industry no matter what company they all earn every penny. I'm looking forward to January to get some wrenching time because I've had no time the last two months for anything but work. I got the good news the other day that they are keeping me on after peak season for a steady route
Sorry to hear the bad news. It's tough when you lose a job, been there done that. Lost my new house the wife and me were building long long time ago. It's great to hear you picked up with ups. Hope things keep positive for you. I know a few people there myself and they like it. It is a miracle that the packages get where they need to all go. It takes a pretty good infustructe to make it happen. Let me say I'm grateful for the work I do and that I have a good place to work, job security, retirement plan, and a pension, pretty good insurance.

Waiting for the ups/fed ex truck - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I'm about fed up with Paypal nascarkeith Chit Chat 6 01-07-2012 12:29 AM
Waiting for the UPS Truck Doc Mojave Chit Chat 6 03-20-2010 04:34 PM
Fed up! Drvnbeing Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 22 05-25-2009 09:49 PM
More Fed-Ex JasonInAugusta Chit Chat 18 02-16-2007 11:57 PM