Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2020, 04:36 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: 2020 Mint 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiphead View Post
Just saw this come across my email. That is a good looking truck

LOSI ANNOUNCED AS OFFICIAL RC TRUCK OF THE MINT 400

Unfortunately, you can't just buy the body. The ONLY way to get the body is to purchase the Limited Edition RTR...and, VERY limited it is - only 500. Even for those who purchase it, and can prove to HH that they own one, not even those people can get a replacement body. They had exactly 500 bodies manufactured. The only way anyone might be able to find one is if someone parts-out one, which is HIGHLY unlikely.

Horizon Hobby never had it listed on their own website. From what I understand, up to 500 hobby shops around the U.S. were selected (probably based on their HH, or Losi/TLR, sales), and each shop received no more than 2 units for sale. It is possible that a small local chain with 2-3 shops could have possibly received up to 2 for each shop, if each of those shops had sales high enough to qualify, so a small chain of...say...3 stores could have potentially received as many at 6 units. However, I also know of three local shops, each with only a single location, any none of them received any.

My advise to anyone lucky enough to have gotten one is to get yourself a replacement body (Fox Shocks, clear & paint it yourself, etc), remove the Mint 400 Edition body, and keep the limited edition body safe. That's exactly what I'm doing. If anyone is interested, I might know of one store still having one unit in-stock. If interested, feel free to PM me, and I'll give you the info. As for mine, it's currently undergoing "upgrade surgery":

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote

2020 Mint 400 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Desert Racing: Mint 400 movie re-airing tonight in HD STANG KILLA SS Chit Chat 5 06-14-2013 05:41 AM