Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Amazon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2020, 11:02 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Amazon

So, while supporting my LHS, and vendors here, I also have made a lot of purchases through Amazon to support my RC habit. But in the last six months or so, Amazon has become annoyingly slow, and I have opted to just pay a lot more for the same products.

For instance, I wanted a set of aluminum wheels for my TRX6. I purchased a set I am really happy with at a good price for my TRX4, they arrived within a week, so I went with the same ones for the TRX6. The damn things took almost three months to arrive.

OK, some things get back ordered and such, but it is getting to the point that I am forgetting I ordered stuff. Anyone else see this? Is the trade thing with China that is slowing everything down? I imagine with the flu outbreak that things will not get much better.

I am currently working on an Enduro project, there are lots of aluminum and brass parts and pieces on Amazon for it, but the cost savings isn't worth having to wait months to get it. Perhaps it is a good thing, forcing us (me) to buy more from companies like Amain and such.

In case you are wondering, here are the wheels. At around $40 for a set of four, they are REALLY hard to beat. They are made REALLY well and go together better than any beadlock I have owned.

Untitled by Scott O, on Flickr
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2020, 11:11 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Amazon

First rule of Amazon, only buy things that have Prime shipping and are fulfilled by Amazon. Not just for the faster shipping, but because they will quickly take care of it if you have an issue. If you buy from third-party sellers, it's just like eBay, you're on your own.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 11:12 AM   #3

I call it scAmazon for a reason. Their customer service hasn't been as great to me as people claim. Their packaging is the WORST. They'll take something big or small, light or heavy and throw it in a box without any protective packing material whatsoever! And I give as little money to Amazon as possible. They are anti freedom. I call blind Amazon fans Bezos Bozos.

I can often find stuff cheaper on eBay and with eBay you at least know where it's really shipping from. Sure, I may have to wait 3 days instead of 2 (even though Prime doesn't even guarantee 2 day shipping anymore), but shipping is free and I don't have to buy more stuff to meet the $25 minimum. Oh and the best part is I don't have to pay $100 to be part of Amazon's Prime "club" in order to get fast shipping.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 12:12 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Amazon in Canada, atleast my experience has been great for years, but I only do prime 2 day or same day delivery.

I'm surprised to hear that prime costs more in the US, here it's only 8 bucks Canadian a month, I save far, far more then that ordering everything from household goods to food.

I only support my local stores if they also support me, store owners fail to realize that the money in my pocket is just as valuable as the money in theirs, I won't overpay and waste my valuable dollars when my own economy is just as valuable as mom and pops.
Xx Losungen xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 06:54 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

My friend will be driving in the new 6x6 class this year.

Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 08:24 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

^^^ And this has exactly what to do with Amazon???

durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 08:55 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx Losungen xX View Post
Amazon in Canada, atleast my experience has been great for years, but I only do prime 2 day or same day delivery.

I'm surprised to hear that prime costs more in the US, here it's only 8 bucks Canadian a month, I save far, far more then that ordering everything from household goods to food.

I only support my local stores if they also support me, store owners fail to realize that the money in my pocket is just as valuable as the money in theirs, I won't overpay and waste my valuable dollars when my own economy is just as valuable as mom and pops.

I carefully observe the seller / shipping time offered before every Amazon purchase. Generally, I tend not to purchase things that are not Prime eligible either.
rkj__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 09:00 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
^^^ And this has exactly what to do with Amazon???

It looks like a China bumper from Amazon.
GA Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 10:07 AM   #9
RCC Addict

I've noticed that a lot of the chinese stuff on Amazon has become Prime shipping now, so it's less of an issue than it was before. Even then I agree with hpiguy that if it's not Prime, there's no point in sticking to Amazon to order it.
Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote

Amazon - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RC parts needs and Amazon dondraper25 Newbie General 33 10-24-2017 04:59 PM
Amazon Fire 8 users? EeePee Chit Chat 32 08-22-2017 05:19 PM
amazon ? hotrodsonoma Chit Chat 11 01-13-2014 08:12 AM
Amazon.com Wraith parts? silverbullet32 Axial Wraith 4 11-25-2012 02:44 PM
Amazon.com used items Tortuga275 Chit Chat 3 08-12-2010 02:20 PM