Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: In a funk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2021, 05:32 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default In a funk

Ever just get a funk... haven't touched my rc's or 3d printer in about 3 months. I have a crawler project I started that I just can't get right. Replaced my esc in my Infection with a max6 and it seems slower and will not drift. Uggg

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
Grnjetta6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2021, 05:58 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: In a funk

As they say, "Been there, done that."

~ More peace, love, and kindness would make the world a much better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 06:14 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grnjetta6 View Post
Ever just get a funk... haven't touched my rc's or 3d printer in about 3 months. I have a crawler project I started that I just can't get right. Replaced my esc in my Infection with a max6 and it seems slower and will not drift. Uggg

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
I'm there as well...

I haven't run my crawler in a year. I'm lucky if I pick up one of my guitars once a month. I have other hobbies that are going untouched... I think a lot of us are there right now.
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 02:27 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Sounds like you could use some inspiration or a challenge. Go trawl the yubtubs or something until lightning strikes.
SurlyBurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 04:07 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Haven't touched any of my mtn bikes, rc crawlers or rc on/off road race vehicles in quite awhile.
I'm thinking about just getting out all together.
All this online ordering (Amazon and the like) have made my job horrible.
I have absolutely no time for any of it now.
cul8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 07:59 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I’ve been through the RC funk a few times. What usually bring me back is something simple and fun that bring back the spirit of why you got into the hobby in the first place. One time, I traded a tablet for an old Stampede and the nostalgic fun of that terrible, terrible truck brought me back. Another time was building a pair of Tamiya TT02s to go parking lot racing with my cousin after talking about how much fun racing Mini-Ts was when we were younger. There is no sure-fire cure for the RC funk but my experience is it generally involves crappy, low performance vehicles that bring you back to the simple fun of RC you remember from early on.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 09:29 AM   #7
Slow is the new Fast

Personally, i occasionally lose interest for periods of time. When it happens I just go with it. It seems I am inevitably drawn back by some sort of inspiration. For me there’s are so many different aspects to this hobby that I am usually engaged on some level or another. Trail-building, rig building, painting, trail-running/crawling, organizing the workshop.
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 01:20 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
Personally, i occasionally lose interest for periods of time. When it happens I just go with it. It seems I am inevitably drawn back by some sort of inspiration. For me there’s are so many different aspects to this hobby that I am usually engaged on some level or another. Trail-building, rig building, painting, trail-running/crawling, organizing the workshop.
I'm the same way lol. I have two rigs torn apart right now on my bench and I haven't been interested in building them back up for a while now
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 05:55 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 06:49 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

I had the same, between Mom's illness before we lost her last year then Covid, most of my trucks were parked the last several years, I finally several of my trucks out and used and abuse already this year!
BJoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 06:49 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Regarding the r/c enthusiasm going stale, add me to the list. Although I know why...

Part of it is due to my health going downhill over the last few months. Seems that the aches n pains of the joints and bones are really creeping up on me these days and it doesn't pass as quickly as it used to ( or at all). Also feeling stiffness and numbness in my hands... dunno if related to arthritis or diabetes, or carpal tunnel.. but I'm sure feeling my age these days and that's one hell of a downer.

The other reason is that my best bud of over 10 yrs decided to shoot me the ghost a couple months ago due to something negative that I said about trump.. nothing at all aggressive nor confrontational. I simply mentioned something in passing about Jan 6th that seemed to really get him agitated. I mean, I'm more conservative than most people out there. But he's a loyalist and an anti vaxxer ( which is totally cool as politics and health have never been topics of discussion for either of us). Our interests have always been pretty much identical.. r/c, Jeeps, vehicles, tools, outdoor stuff, guns, music, etc. But earlier I had also mentioned to him that I was glad to have finally gotten my covid vacc. Anyway... his demeanor really turned sour after I had mentioned those things and I even asked him if everything was cool before he left. And he shrugged it off like "yeah" but I could tell that it wasn't.

And that was that.. no contact of any kind since then. Over 10 yrs of a solid great friendship... done. I'll get back into r/c again I'm sure. But right now, I'm still just trying to acclimate to my failing health and losing my best bud.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 12:18 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Left the RC hobby for a few years. Then was in LHS looking for a model, and seen a group comping SCX24s in the back of the shop. Now I am in a funk with other hobbies lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Phyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 07:06 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

ive spent all my energy this year redoing my bathroom rc has kinda been back burner although i am still building i havent driven my rigs in a long time and most of them are broken in some way anyway
i did buy 6 escs and motors and a 5 pack of recivers
i havent ridden the dirt bike or worked on any of my off road rigs and i havent run any rcs or hit the beach at all
im geting back in to the swing of it by now but it was a vary slow year at best

a pic of where my head has been its still unfinished but its almost there these pics are.still a few days old but anyway pics

the project stalled for a few months but im back on it the last few weeks and its almost done now lol

Last edited by ferp420; 05-12-2021 at 07:25 AM.
ferp420 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 10:42 AM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferp420 View Post
ive spent all my energy this year redoing my bathroom rc has kinda been back burner although i am still building i havent driven my rigs in a long time and most of them are broken in some way anyway
I can't believe you didn't integrate some crawler lines in that reno!
QuesoDelDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 05:27 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuesoDelDiablo;6q080740
I can't believe you didn't integrate some crawler lines in that reno!
i just need a few rocks in the right places and its pefecrt for the micros lol
ya but the wife will only let me go so far lol and playing rc in the bathtub ya i think that crosses some kind of line
ferp420 is online now   Reply With Quote

In a funk - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Funk RANOVRU Chit Chat 3 03-17-2013 10:43 AM
801RCC '09 Point Series Comp Event #1 "Frigid Funk" NaZ-T Competitions 20 01-12-2009 11:07 AM
801RCC '08 Point Series Comp Event #1 "Frigid Funk" PSYCHOPATHICUSTOMS Competitions 36 01-22-2008 12:48 AM
RiverGate-da funk a fied' GR vid! Highmark Videos! 3 04-06-2005 10:01 PM