Notices

Thread: Durable Work Boots?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2021, 04:38 PM   #21
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Durable Work Boots?

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
I was goina buy a pair of ariat this last time, but they didnt have them in my size. Justins i wear a 12 wide, ariat 12 wont fit, even tryed a 14 n still to short smh
Yeah, I had to go up a size from what most other boots are labeled as. But I would typically destroy anything I put on my feet within a year....Until Ariat. I'm on my second set. First went 7 years, and I gave them up in far better condition than my old boots were after a year.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Unclelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2021, 07:36 PM   #22
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclelee View Post
Yeah, I had to go up a size from what most other boots are labeled as. But I would typically destroy anything I put on my feet within a year....Until Ariat. I'm on my second set. First went 7 years, and I gave them up in far better condition than my old boots were after a year.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
I feel u. I destroy a pair of boots in a yrs time, but i work at a concrete plant n concrete will destroy leather n the threads. So far, this pair of justins have lasted a good bit longer, except the bottom of the soles. May see if i can get them resoled though
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 07:32 AM   #23
Quarry Creeper

I have a pair of Ariat H20 work hogs or something like that. Pull on boots for wet and cooler weather. Oddly enough, I had to go down in size to get it to not flop around on my foot.
hpiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 09:20 AM   #24
ion
Quarry Creeper

I own a lawn care and landscaping business here in Nevada. I wear the timberland pro boondocks 6 inch boots. I'm a heavy guy to about 8 months is what I get out of them but I love how my feet feel with the soles they have.
ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2021, 02:57 PM   #25
Pebble Pounder

I've been using Danner Vicious model boots for some time now. I work in a naval shipyard with a wide variety of conditions footwear are subjected to. They've held up rather well are fairly light weight and reasonably priced.
https://www.workbootsusa.com/danner13864.html
SPLATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 05:31 PM   #26
Pebble Pounder

I do trail maintenance for the local park district, we maintain about 100 miles of trails. Surfaces range from asphalt to single-track. Most durable and burley boots are Zamberlan 1996 vioz, there expensive but I usually wear them in the winter. http://www.zamberlanusa.com/product/...ts-waxed-black For summer boots I just got Hoka Kaha Gtx hands down the most comfortable boots I've worn. https://www.hoka.com/en/us/men-hikin...x/1112030.html
dusty husky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 09:36 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Default Durable Work Boots?

I bought my first pair of pull on boots yesterday, the Ariat Sierra steel toes. wore them all day after I bought them & today and I am probably going to return them. The sizing seems off, I couldn’t fit in a 12 medium width so I tried on a pair of 12 wides and they fit, but now my foot is already flopping in them. I wear a 13 in Red wing so I can’t see me needing an 11 in Ariat, let alone being able to fit in them. Is this just how a pull on boot fits? I’ve always wore lace ups and have no experience with pull ons. Also when walking sideways on a hill there is zero support! I was hoping they’d fit good because I really like them but can’t deal with how they are on hills. Flat ground they feel decent.

Any recommendations on a pull on that might be a tighter fit? Tony Llama? Tecovas? Im not brand picky just want something well known to be durable and last longer than a year hopefully.

Last edited by ScaleLifeNewbie; 10-13-2022 at 09:44 PM.
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 10:49 PM   #28
RCC Addict

For what it’s worth, I wear redbacks. Made in Australia, I wear size 10 shoes but in those I wear size 8aus which Translates to like a 9us I think. I don’t wear steel toes, because of the automotive industry. But they make steel toes. I’ve owned 2 or 3 sets over the last 9 year’s probably. Super comfortable, I’m on my feet 8-9 hours a day and have no complaints

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fricker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 11:14 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

I just picked up a pair of Jim Green African Rangers, they are not their maxxed-out work boot (which would be their Razorback) but are more of what I wanted for walking around in dry creek beds and the like, which is about the harshest use I will put them to. They are hand-made in South Africa out of all locally-sourced materials, with a stitch-down construction which makes for a roomier boot that can still be resoled.
Attached Images

durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 06:25 AM   #30
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleLifeNewbie View Post
I bought my first pair of pull on boots yesterday, the Ariat Sierra steel toes. wore them all day after I bought them & today and I am probably going to return them. The sizing seems off, I couldn’t fit in a 12 medium width so I tried on a pair of 12 wides and they fit, but now my foot is already flopping in them. I wear a 13 in Red wing so I can’t see me needing an 11 in Ariat, let alone being able to fit in them. Is this just how a pull on boot fits? I’ve always wore lace ups and have no experience with pull ons. Also when walking sideways on a hill there is zero support! I was hoping they’d fit good because I really like them but can’t deal with how they are on hills. Flat ground they feel decent.

Any recommendations on a pull on that might be a tighter fit? Tony Llama? Tecovas? Im not brand picky just want something well known to be durable and last longer than a year hopefully.

I used to only wear lace ups for that reason, however my last 4 pairs of boots have been pull ons. I buy them border line uncomfortably tight and they break in after a week and fit good, and not excessively loose.

I’m keeping an eye on this thread, I work in a shop and haven’t been able to keep a boot longer than about a year. Lately I’ve been running some water proof Georgia Romeo’s, mostly because they are relatively inexpensive, readily available, last about a year, and are reasonably comfy with replacement in soles.

https://www.georgiaboot.com/romeo/ge...t/GB00084.html

But I’m always open for something better. May look harder at some red wings after seeing all the high praise here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 01:37 AM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Thanks all for the replies.

I am going back into town Thursday so I be returning the Ariats then and might see what else they have. If all else fails, I’ll order another pair of the Irish Setters I have now, the Ely’s. At $120ish They’re cheap enough I wouldn’t mind replacing them once a year, and super comfortable even with minimal insole left lol.

-[mention]durok [/mention]I like those Jim Green’s, too bad they don’t have any waterproof boots..
Old 10-26-2022, 05:29 PM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Update for anyone following along

I decided to try a new boot so instead of going with another Ely I picked up the Irish Setter Wingshooter ST 6” with steel toe. I can already tell these are a lot more comfortable than the Ariats and will more than likely be more durable. The first time I had to kneel down and put my toe on the ground the top of the toe on the Ariat got a decent rip in it. cheap material.

Once I get some more time on these Wingshooters I’ll post a final update. I have high hopes for these, my Elys have been great beside the glued on sole has started peeling, but the waterproofing is the best I’ve experienced.

(Boring stock picture lol)

Last edited by ScaleLifeNewbie; 10-26-2022 at 06:52 PM.
Old 10-27-2022, 06:13 AM   #33
Go Buckeyes!

I've always had good luck and long wear out of all of my Irish Setter's.
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 03:05 PM   #34
Rock Stacker

The ones I wear every day I can't recommend, mostly cause they're ESD as specified by work and not very outdoors friendly. My around the house and at the sawmill boots are a set of Ariats, but I've also had good luck with Georgia's(are they still around?), Wolverines and Lacrosses.
Goos3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 05:23 PM   #35
Rock Crawler

Saw this thread and wanted to give my $0.02 since I'll soon be buying another pair of the same boots I'm wearing right now -- Keen MtVernon.
I had good luck with Redwings too, went through several pairs of their Iris Setter Trailblazers, I was getting maybe 1.5yrs out of a pair and thought they were "my boot" up until I couldn't buy them anymore like 5-6yrs ago. Switched over to Keen Pittsburgs and they fit my feet better, went through 3 pairs of those, same longevity about 1.5yrs out of a pair. My last new pair in 2020 ended up being defective after a week (the lining inside "de-gloved" somehow) - Keen refunded me and while shopping their catalog the MtVernon caught my eye. Never saw them in a store before, but saw they're one of the built in USA models, so I gave them a try just because of that -- literally one of the best pair of boots I've ever owned. Can't believe I've had them 2yrs now, which is definitely longer than any work boot I've had before. Buying a new pair soon, but of course the price has gone up $40 for them
Perkolator is offline   Reply With Quote

Durable Work Boots? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is it durable? Juicebag31 RC4WD Trail Finder 2 6 06-11-2013 11:51 AM
New boots for school/work XJkid93 Chit Chat 19 04-23-2013 03:18 PM
Boots shift boots shock boots toy4crawlin Scale Accessories 4 06-16-2009 02:40 PM
work boots... im in love! dieselfuel Chit Chat 32 10-17-2007 08:53 AM