Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Liperior LiPos from RCBattery.com?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2021, 02:08 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Liperior LiPos from RCBattery.com?

Has anyone heard of and/or purchased from r battery.com? If so, how are their Liperior brand LiPos? What is the quality like? How close to 'accurate' are they're C-ratings? From what I see, their 'standard' packs are all in the 45C-65C range, while their 'Pro' packs all have a 75C rating. What is the longevity of their battery packs?

With a name like "RC Battery", one works think they'd carry multiple brands...but, the best I can tell, the Liperior packs they sell are their own in-house brand (similar to how Amain sells ProTek LiPos (their in-house brand)...but, at least they also sell several other brands), and that don't appear to sell any other brand.

~ More peace, love, and kindness would make the world a much better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2021, 08:31 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Liperior LiPos from RCBattery.com?

Im curious as well. There's some good deals, especially with the black friday sale they have going on. A 5000mah 6S for $35 kinda seems too good to be true, though the reg. price is $57. Still, theres 2S that go for double that...

Veterans deserve a whole month too...
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 08:42 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleLifeNewbie View Post
Im curious as well. There's some good deals, especially with the black friday sale they have going on. A 5000mah 6S for $35 kinda seems too good to be true, though the reg. price is $57. Still, theres 2S that go for double that.
EXACTLY my point...and, went in inquiring. The prices seem WAY to low for these to be "quality". SMC sells their own packs from their own website, they're prices are also lower than others, and they are very high-quality. That being said, even SMC process aren't this low. The process on the RCBattery website are so low, I SERIOUSLY question the quality.

Old 11-13-2021, 07:37 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

the prices arent that low that i would worry about quality especialy for a crawler
there asking $19 for a 5000mah 3s i was paying $20 for the same size battery
and 35 for a 5000 mah 4s pack i payed 30 for my last 5000 mah 4s pack
so there prices seem legit to me
personaly ive had exspensive "quality " packs die in 1 run and have had dirt cheap off brands work for years i see it as a role of the dice with any brand
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 08:18 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferp420 View Post
the prices arent that low that i would worry about quality especialy for a crawler
They are not targeting their packs for crawlers. Of you look at the site, they are selling for all vehicles & vessels - on-road, off-road, race, crawler, basher, boats, planes, drones, etc. A $30 battery on a crawler can be trusted...but, would you trust that same battery in a 1/10 2WD race buggy?

Old 11-13-2021, 03:22 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
They are not targeting their packs for crawlers. Of you look at the site, they are selling for all vehicles & vessels - on-road, off-road, race, crawler, basher, boats, planes, drones, etc. A $30 battery on a crawler can be trusted...but, would you trust that same battery in a 1/10 2WD race buggy?

true but it only takes 1 run to tell if the battery is up for it or not

heres the battery i use in my yeti with a huge brushless system in it

Last edited by ferp420; 11-13-2021 at 03:28 PM.
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 06:50 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

^^^ I was about to post about Goldbat LiPos myself - They are on Amazon, I've never had any issues with their packs - they come with a couple extras much of the time like Velcro tie-down straps and battery adaptors - I have multiple standard and oversize 3S and 4S packs, and they also offer a very wide C-rating range. I think I've seen from 25/30C all the way up to at least 120C...
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 08:29 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

I say order one and see how it does. If it holds a charge and balances properly, its golden. They're cheap enough for a hands-on test.

But if it was me, id grab a Goldbat over one of them. The ol saying if it aint broke dont fix it seems fitting. Just my view on things.

Veterans deserve a whole month too...
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 11:09 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleLifeNewbie View Post
I say order one and see how it does. If it holds a charge and balances properly, its golden. They're cheap enough for a hands-on test.
Update - these are going to be a no-go for me.

Having also posted this in two other forums, someone in the OSE forum posted a link to a thread in the RC Groups forum. In that thread, two people familiar with batteries, and knowledgeable in extensive testing of LiPo packs, were asked by the owner of the battery company to test them, and be honest with the results. While the results weren't 'horrible', they also weren't very good. To give one example of the results, the packs work a 35C testing turned out only one have 20-25C in real-works testing. On top of that, there were overheating problems in the wires, which was determined to be caused by low-wishlist soldering.

I don't care how low the prices are. Based on what I was just reading (ie. testing results), I've determined they're not worth it. If someone offered you a Yugo (for those who remember that car) at a discounted price, you already knew what you were getting yourself into. However, if someone claims to be offering you a Cadillac, for the price of a Yugo, it's natural to be suspicious. Sure...it could turn out to be a real Cadillac, to and you've just found yourself a great deal. But, that 'Cadillac' could turn out to be a disguised Yugo, for which you have no clue what will happen down the line while driving it, be our a week, a month, or a year. These LiPo packs seem closer to a 'Yugo' than a 'Cadillac'.

End of story...case closed.

Old 11-17-2021, 09:36 AM   #10
RCC Addict

I run the gold at 3s shorty packs in our fast cat trainer, good inexpensive batteries. Got Zee packs as well for cheap off Amazon, get them in a day.
MAC FAB is offline   Reply With Quote

Liperior LiPos from RCBattery.com? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Compare the Zippy Compact Lipos to a few other lipos... Mdlopez1 Electronics 15 07-15-2013 06:35 PM
New on Lipos, how to no waste money in overpowered LIPOS. raolguio Electronics 6 11-03-2010 03:08 PM