Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Old toys...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2007, 09:13 AM   #21
RCC Addict

How do you forget you had a Hilux and Blazer sitting in the attic??
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2007, 09:15 AM   #22
PapaGriz Yo

I've got all my Stompers still. I've got the re-releases too.

I've got dual engine pullers, custom painted ones, one of the semis, a tank. I love those things, I lost my pullin sled though.

I've even got the coveted early baja Bronco stomper.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:07 AM   #23
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKHORSE View Post
Ive got almost all the M.A.S.K vehicles.. Do you remember those?

Mobile Armored Strike Command... I even had the twin sheets for them....
S-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:41 AM   #24
I wanna be Dave

I have this old Tonka dump truck that I still let my boys play with. Great truck, older than most of the members on this site and has nice sharp metal corners and rust on it.

I'd have to say that truck is about 28 years old at least. We also have a newer one (5-6 years old) that is more rounded, but actually made of metal. Those are, by far, better than the current plastic crap they put out.

Most of my old Stompers have been lost to time, same with old Transformers, He-Man figures and all my old Hot Wheels. Every so often I run across a box with some of that stuff.
Cloak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:54 AM   #25
Debunking old stereotypes

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumbeater View Post
You guys got all the good stuff I remembered when I was in high school BIG WHEELS came out. all we had as kids was Hot Wheels, Matchbox and toy r/c --planes with guide wire/cheap a$s cars. But we had the Apple-Cherry Crates with the cool banana seats, 5 speed shifter on the frame and lets not forget the sissy bar.
Those were bada** bikes back in my day. I had a Green Apple Crate, and a Continiental (sp)They (Orange/Apple Crates) also had the big wide slick on the back, and the small like 12" tire on the front, with the raked fork. I also had some Stompers and loved them, I was a bit too old for playing with them,(I'll never adimit it) we made a self guided track in the snow, and played for hours Bigwheels, looked fun, but after my time.
You forgot the ol reliable (all metal)Tonka truck Steve, you must have had at least 1 of those?
I had quite a few, I grew up 1 suburb away from Minnetonka, where they were made in the good ol days.
I had an extensive Matchbox collection, I only wish I still had today :-(
Speaking of old toys, anyone have the original Barrel of Monkeys?
Anyone remember them? I had a beer case full back when my dad worked for Lakeside Toys.
In the later years, my dad was also director of drafting for Kenner Toys.
My nephew has everything Starwars you could get, he even has several prototype figures and models that never ended up being released.
My older brother was wise enough to not let him break any when playing, and put them all in storage when he out grew them.
Some day, that could turn into a college fund for his youngest.
E-bay wasn't even around then of course. Who knows what a complete collection plus unreleased prototypes could be worth there??
Anyone old enough to have had an old peddle car/truck?
I know there's a few ol geezers on here.
freetimecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 04:17 PM   #26
Debunking old stereotypes

Some of the ol timers should like this place:http://www.elmersautoandtoymuseum.com/

My mom and dad went to school with this guy. What a collection
Both autos and toys.
This guy's got the lowest original millage Super Bee in the country, he's also got a 1976 Vette Silver aniversary that was driven home from the dealer, and never driven again. as well as tons of other rare auto's

Last edited by freetimecrawler; 07-05-2007 at 04:24 PM.
freetimecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 08:04 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

I had a sweet pedal car, looked like a blue '66 Mustang convertible.

One day my mom backed over it in the driveway with the Rambler wagon. Really freaked her out

The bike was a Schwinn Cheater Slick Green Machine, with the sparkly banana seat and ape-hanger bars.

I remember Barrel of Monkeys, too.
microgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:08 AM   #28
Rock Crawler

thank god gramma is a pack rat......found a box in the attic with all my uncles and dads redlines.........been collecting hot wheels for about 12 years now....boxes and boxes or hotwheels stuff.
NorCal 2500HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 02:22 AM   #29
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by freetimecrawler View Post
Those were bada** bikes back in my day. I had a Green Apple Crate, and a Continiental (sp)They (Orange/Apple Crates) also had the big wide slick on the back, and the small like 12" tire on the front, with the raked fork.
i used to have a massive collection of krates, rays, and fastbacks. the krate series came in-
orange krate-kool orange
apple krate-flamboyant red
lemon peeler-kool lemon
in 1969, they added a front fender(which i never liked) and the-
pea picker-campus green
in 1970, they changed the ape hangers to a narrow style and there was the-
cotton picker-white
1971 rear disc brake! and the rarest of all the krates, the-
grey ghost-silver mist

i sold my entire collection before the days of ebay, and did pretty good! for me, the fun was in the hunt!
gregrocks90046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 04:07 AM   #30
Rock Crawler

Anyone remember "The Animal"??? I wish I still had mine

http://www.inthe80s.com/toys/animal.shtml
wrx-n-ktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 04:39 AM   #31
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrx-n-ktm View Post
Anyone remember "The Animal"??? I wish I still had mine

http://www.inthe80s.com/toys/animal.shtml
Yes! I wanted one SO BAD when I was a kid, and I finally snagged one off eBay a while back

What about Voltron? I had the big set and the small set of all five lions.
Mad Scientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 03:58 PM   #32
Rock Crawler

Ahhhh memories

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pko_iTP4sQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cq9GN1X1Qc
wrx-n-ktm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 04:23 PM   #33
Official Cook of the ECC

Can't seem to find a decent commercial but here are a couple from one of my favorites.

Good stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDZmMDvNvCY

Scattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 05:13 PM   #34
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by scattman View Post
What about this, I used to have this Evil Kneivel motorcycle that you put in this holder and you would crank the hell out of it and when you stopped cranking it would come screaming off the cradle. It would throw a pretty good rooster tail and stayed upright pretty good because of the gyro effect of the ridiculously fast spinning rear tire. Lots o fun with that one. I see you can still get them and a copy of them on the bay.

What about the old "Yard Darts"?
Yeah man! the Evil Kneivel Stunt Cycle! I loved that thing... that thing could catch some HUGE AIR! We used to dig kicker ramps out in the plowed snowbanks in the old elementary school parking lot that was down by my dads house.... I need to get me a new Stunt Cycle... maybe just one of the clone ones to bash with lol

Stompers... dead seriously, the reason I'm here, always studying stuff on here, and building the rig(s) I'm building right now, I trace directly back to Stompers... we had extensive Stomper trails carved out in the hillside in my dads backyard and in a few other peeps' backyards throughout the neighborhood I grew up in... it was the early '80s, I was like 7-8 years old, and nowadays I look back on that as one of the best times of my life...

I was digging through my dads attic a few months ago and found a Rough Rider(Stomper clone) Jeep CJ body, but no chassis:-(... I did find a couple parts from the sets though, and have a complete set of the little plastic hills with the bridge connecting them, and I found the Rough Riders "teetering bridge"... there was also a couple of the "turnaround" track ends from Stompers tracks, and a few pieces from the Stomper cycle track set...

I also have a '76 Schwinn Stingray frame that I'm wanting to build up as a lowrider...

Only RC I still have from back in the day is my Traxxas TRX-10 Bullet, circa 1986 or so, maybe '87? I still got the Airtronics "Vector" 2 stick that I originally had in it, too...

I'm pretty sure that there's a set of Lawn Darts(Jarts?) somewhere in my dads cellar, too... didn't they outlaw those things? LMAO
bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 07:25 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregrocks90046 View Post
i used to have a massive collection of krates, rays, and fastbacks. the krate series came in-
orange krate-kool orange
apple krate-flamboyant red
lemon peeler-kool lemon
in 1969, they added a front fender(which i never liked) and the-
pea picker-campus green
in 1970, they changed the ape hangers to a narrow style and there was the-
cotton picker-white
1971 rear disc brake! and the rarest of all the krates, the-
grey ghost-silver mist

i sold my entire collection before the days of ebay, and did pretty good! for me, the fun was in the hunt!
I had a lemon peeler, an apple crate and an orange krate. The orange krate was mint with a rear disc. I had bought them in the early 90's and sold them off in the later 90's once I started driving and messing with cars. The kids in town didn't really get them bikes. I guess I was ahead of my time or is that behind my time. LOL
rtk434 is offline   Reply With Quote