Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: What should I do>?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2007, 04:07 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default What should I do>?

Ok this is a weird thing to ask at a crawling web site but hey its chit chat and I come here for all my other problems any way...Ok so I have this friend who I have known for a very long time.We hang out all the time and he is a good friend.But he has been getting drunk at partys and with other friends and I just kinda said what ever...we are both 17 btw.Ok so any ways awile ago I guss he started smoking weed and I was realy pissed because thats a realy dumb thing to do.Any ways last night we where at a friends house and they all started passing a bong around and he got all high...any ways WFT should I do,I dont want to hang out with him any more but hes been a friend for so long...and a few of my other friend who I have know for a long time do it too.This is realy gay because now if I hang out with them I feel like i need to get high and all that to fit in.Any ways let me know what you guys would do and what you think.I realy dont know what to do...
trost is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2007, 04:10 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

dont hang out with him?......
savageracer312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 04:23 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

yeah I think thats what im guna have to do...I know it sounds so simple its just hard cuz we have been friends for so long:-(
Old 07-15-2007, 04:23 PM   #4
Gold Star Baby Momma!

Just remember, puff and pass to the left............................
No, you know what you should do, even at 17.
Kevin
Tuffguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 04:32 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Been there done that. TRUST ME ON THIS ONE. DONT hang with them anymore, its a big **** fest when they get caught. It might hurt just dropping them but its for the best. I dont know you but im willing to bet you'll be better off not drinking and smoking as both are illegal for you. I had several friends growing up that started that and they tryed to get me into it but before they could one of them got busted for holding. I moved 500 miles to get away from all the **** and i couldnt be happier. My change was more drastic then what you have to do but i had other reasons. Just think about what you want in life and remember that drinking and weed will only get in your way.
Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 04:32 PM   #6
I had the hottest girlfriend at the MSD Nats

my freind did that and even escalated and started huffing freon. it got really bad. we were born a few months apart and lived across the street together in the country with little to nobody around. we was close. up until about 16 we were great freinds with every thing in common except smoking and drinking. he liked it i didnt. were both 22 now and he still does it but has a better head now that hes older, but its still enough for me to not be around him for months. i wish it were different but i dont need that kind of negativity around me.
obijuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 04:44 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Make him drink til he pukes all over himself and passes out, then give him a ride home. Dump him on the doorstep and ring the bell. Leave a note on him:

Dear mom and dad,

Please clean up this mess.

Chances are he'll get his act together sooner or later. Some people just have to learn the hard way.
microgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 05:51 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

thanks for all the help guys I think I know what to do...man this sucks
Old 07-15-2007, 09:13 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Friends come and go..... you come together when needed and part when not
Rok_Dok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 09:19 PM   #10
RCC Addict

My wife gets high all the time....................and I can still hang out with her?????

It is pretty easy to hang out with smokers without smoking.
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 09:21 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Worst thing I've ever done was to stop hanging out with my friends. Wound up losing some important people in my life.
xjman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 09:30 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

/\ I agree. If he is a good enough friend ( and sounds like you two are pretty damn close imo) he should understand and make an effort to cut back or just not do it with you around. My best bud since kindergarden completely screwed me over a couple months ago. I stopped hanging out with him and it was crazy hard, but was worth it to get the point across. Eventually you guys will be good again if you are close. We are now hanging out again and it isn't weird at all. Good luck to you
ian48065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 10:12 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

cool thanks for all the help I think every thing will work out fine...yes we are close friends and life with out him would be very weird.Any ways thanks for giving your opinions and helping me out.I LOVE THIS WEB SITE!
Old 07-15-2007, 10:46 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

I think you should learn to punctuate and understand that an elipse is not a period.

After reading that rambling mess you're the one hitting the pipe, not him.
Cloak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 10:49 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

Sorry I was typing fast
Old 07-15-2007, 10:55 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Finish high school and get out of that small town. Go to college and make new friends. You'll only have to come back to visit family on holidays.... trust me.
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 11:29 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

sounds like a plan
Old 07-16-2007, 12:10 AM   #18
RCC Addict

Maybe its different in the U.S. but up here in Canada, smoking weed isnt a big deal. I smoked it from when i was 14 until about 20, on and off. Its easier to get than booze, and you dont go to jail for possesion. I say if you dont want to do something, dont, i have friends who do things i dont agree with, but i have NEVER felt any pressure to follow them. More for them right? It seems like you have a good head on your shoulders, but what your friend is doing sounds completely normal to me, i dont know anyone who didnt experiment in some way or another. Its what teenagers do. If its not your scene, good for you, but dont ditch your friend because of it. Good friends are hard to come by, i know i dont have many left.:-(
dittohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 12:43 AM   #19
Rock Crawler

**** your lucky.....You just have weed and beer to deal with. Try babysitting a close friend who had a 8 month stint on Meth.....get sober for a few months and then get back on it......theres only so much you can do.
NorCal 2500HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 12:54 AM   #20
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

I would suggest staying true to yourself. Dont smoke if you dont want to. Have a talk with your friend and tell him what you are thinking/ feeling. If he can't respect your decisions then it may be time to let him choose his own path. He will probably respect what you think though. I agree that finding real friends is hard, and I would not suggest giving up hope yet.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote