at the LHS here in Japan.
Is it right hand drive?
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2007, 07:34 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defender View Post
The max climber is selling for about $120 at the LHS here in Japan. Its been there for a few weeks already.
you live were they are being made!

they are going to be a little cheaper!

im sure you can score a comp ready truck on ebay for around 300 bucks!
smokinubyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 08:37 PM   #23
RCC Addict

Call me an old man, but I remember when TLT-1s first came out and they were priced right around 159.00 new. Sounds like they are still cheaper than when they first came out.

-Sam
SlinkySam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 09:05 PM   #24
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinu_by_rc View Post
were do you get your info!

rcp is now selling tlt kits for 89 you get wheel nut to wheel nut and bearings!

Todd just has an attitude against the TLT's even though the TLT axle is still a superior over the WK axle.

WK's have a diff case that is not friendly to rock crawling, I have seen them get hung up more than a TLT too many times.

But you can't tell Todd that, personal the AX-10 looks way promising to me over a WK axle. The width is perfect, the WK axle is too wide.

BOT: If a guy looks around, you can find a good deal on a set of TLT axles, the TLT kit also has a killer choice in fasteners to use for a build too.
DUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:23 AM   #25
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinu_by_rc View Post
were do you get your info!

rcp is now selling tlt kits for 89 you get wheel nut to wheel nut and bearings!
Did you read the first post? And my LHS sold their last TLT kits for $140.

As far as RCP carrying TLT kits, are they Max Climbers or Rock Buster kits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUDE View Post
the TLT kit also has a killer choice in fasteners to use for a build too.
I guess if you are a big fan of phillips head, mild steel fasterners it is a good selection

And I know you still think the TLT is the best RC ever made, but it got disco'd for a reason, just like the Corvair, Pinto, Edsel, and everything ever badged as an "AMC"
todd1803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 06:17 PM   #26
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd1803 View Post
I guess if you are a big fan of phillips head, mild steel fasterners it is a good selection

And I know you still think the TLT is the best RC ever made, but it got disco'd for a reason, just like the Corvair, Pinto, Edsel, and everything ever badged as an "AMC"

keep kidding yourself.

Until a WK wins anything around here or the Nationals I might listen to you ignorance.

I still love ya man.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:10 PM   #27
06 Super National Champ

Quote:
the WK axle is too wide.
An overall track of 10.25" is too wide?

Don't folks widen the TLTs to get to this width?
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:31 PM   #28
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonInAugusta View Post
An overall track of 10.25" is too wide?

Don't folks widen the TLTs to get to this width?
All the WK's I have seen around here are wider with there comp set up, I guess the rim choise for a WK has alot to do with it.

My TLT is exactly the same, 10 1/4" with only a 1/2" spacer which came about with the CVD's.

It is the diff housing shape is what I really don't like, the angle from the pinion snout to the bottom of the diff is too steep in my eyes. I have seen this as an issue more than once in our area. Stock to stock axle shaft, I see the WK weaker too.

it all good, to each his own, right??
Old 08-15-2007, 02:03 AM   #29
Quarry Creeper

if tamiya's smart they might try releasing a kit that has a few more usable parts anyway
screaminsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:28 AM   #30
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd1803 View Post

I love AMC's. I have owned seven of them. My favorite car of all time is my '69 Javelin. 390, Big bad Blue, 400hp, 475 Lb. Ft. of torque, and out of over 100 races, the only things I've ever lost to is a nitroused and turbocharged 10 sec. Honda CRX with over 30 grand under the hood, my friend Blair's highly Modified Buick GN, and one (and only one) Mustang 5.0 with a big, Nasty Vortech Blower.

And this car is 99% FACTORY STOCK!

I have a friend with a '74 Gremlin with a Nitroused 401 AMC motor that runs mid 9's!

Say what you want about AMC, but I'll take one over any Ford or Chevy any Day!

Now, back to the topic at hand. I didn't know that they were being re-issued. And after reading all of this, I think I'll get another WK.

Last edited by JavelinSST390; 08-15-2007 at 11:35 AM.
JavelinSST390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:40 AM   #31
Rock Crawler

Quote:
personal the AX-10 looks way promising to me over a WK axle. The width is perfect, the WK axle is too wide.

Now, I might be mistaken here, but the Axial axles look like DEAD RIPOFFS of the WK axles. And I've read on the 'net that the axles shafts and lockers from the AX10 are a direct fit to the WK axles. In fact, I remember reading that to use the Axial lockers you have to use the Axial shafts in the WK axles.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
JavelinSST390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 01:53 PM   #32
Rock Crawler

I wouldn't call the AX10 axles a direct clone of the WK axles, but there is no hiding the fact that they are heavily influenced by the WK axles. Just look at them - ring grear / carrier look identical, inner end of the axles is the same, the removeable hub / knuckle assembly, etc. The AX10 is a lot closer to being a WK axle than a TLT axle, that's for sure. Which makes you wonder - if the AX10 is a crawler specific axle, and the TLT is so superior to the WK, why wouldn't the AX10 axles look more like TLT parts, and less like a WK???

Things that make ya go hmmmmm....... ;)
todd1803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 08:21 PM   #33
Quarry Creeper

This may seem harsh to some of you die-hard tamiya fans, (and yes I too use clod axles so I eat the words too), But tamiya is one of the stupidest RC companies ever. They friggin disconitinue everything thats popular. It seems like they are oblivious to the crawling market completely. They need to re-release all bruiser kits, all clod kits, all TXT kits, and all TLT kits. And they also need to sell complete axles all by themeself. As well as make a much better, completely crawler specific Clod axle, TXT axle, and TLT axle. As well as improve on the Bruiser axle design and make them even more scale and sell them in a crawler/trail rig specific axle. And all of the crawler specific axles need to be beefier, stronger, not to be discontinued after a year of production, and most important of all, ACTUALLY BE MARKETED TOWARDS PEOPLE LIKE US!

Just my 2 cents.
Krawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 08:33 PM   #34
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawlin View Post
This may seem harsh to some of you die-hard tamiya fans, (and yes I too use clod axles so I eat the words too), But tamiya is one of the stupidest RC companies ever. They friggin disconitinue everything thats popular. It seems like they are oblivious to the crawling market completely. They need to re-release all bruiser kits, all clod kits, all TXT kits, and all TLT kits. And they also need to sell complete axles all by themeself. As well as make a much better, completely crawler specific Clod axle, TXT axle, and TLT axle. As well as improve on the Bruiser axle design and make them even more scale and sell them in a crawler/trail rig specific axle. And all of the crawler specific axles need to be beefier, stronger, not to be discontinued after a year of production, and most important of all, ACTUALLY BE MARKETED TOWARDS PEOPLE LIKE US!

Just my 2 cents.
Simmer down Sparky,

If it wasn't for Tamiya, crawling as we know it for the most part wouldn't be were it is.

The Clod (still available btw) TLT, TXT, Bruiser/Mountaineer, Hi Lift, and several other Tamiya rigs are the back bone of crawling.

When Tamiya (an International Corporation) discontinues something, I'm sure they do it for sound financial business reasons.

Remember, crawling is a tiny (although quickly growing) segment of Tamiya's business.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 08:51 PM   #35
Keep it real

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlinkySam View Post
Call me an old man, but I remember when TLT-1s first came out and they were priced right around 159.00 new. Sounds like they are still cheaper than when they first came out.

-Sam
That's when I bought my daughter her maxclimber(2004), but my LHS charged me $169.

Personally, I prefer tlt axles. I just like them, and don't like the other axle options out there right now. They do what I want them to do.;)
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 08:58 PM   #36
I wanna be Dave

TLT axles are nice cause there not as wide as WK and after the upgrades there proven worthy. The WK and AX-10's haven't been around long enough yet to say they are better. Untill then, I have quite a few TLT axles that I will use befor trying anything else.
LIKES2CRAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 09:11 PM   #37
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan View Post
Simmer down Sparky,

If it wasn't for Tamiya, crawling as we know it for the most part wouldn't be were it is.

The Clod (still available btw) TLT, TXT, Bruiser/Mountaineer, Hi Lift, and several other Tamiya rigs are the back bone of crawling.

When Tamiya (an International Corporation) discontinues something, I'm sure they do it for sound financial business reasons.

Remember, crawling is a tiny (although quickly growing) segment of Tamiya's business.
I understand that without Tamiya there would be no crawling. But what sort of financial reasons would cause them to stop producing a model? If its popular and they sell alot of them why stop producing? But I just think that they need to sit down, look at this segment of the hobby, and then make something so unbelievably good, that every person in the crawling hobby would one it, whether it be for axles or if it is actually and entire crawler.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:21 PM   #38
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I understand that without Tamiya there would be no crawling. But what sort of financial reasons would cause them to stop producing a model? If its popular and they sell alot of them why stop producing? But I just think that they need to sit down, look at this segment of the hobby, and then make something so unbelievably good, that every person in the crawling hobby would one it, whether it be for axles or if it is actually and entire crawler.

The TLT for example, a kit that retailed for $159.00 was selling regularly for under $70.00.

Ad that to the fact that other than the crawler market, it wasn't a very popular product.

That may be why it was pulled. Contrary to popular belief, Tamiya is a FOR PROFIT corporation.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:23 PM   #39
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan View Post
The TLT for example, a kit that retailed for $159.00 was selling regularly for under $70.00.

Ad that to the fact that other than the crawler market, it wasn't a very popular product.

That may be why it was pulled. Contrary to popular belief, Tamiya is a FOR PROFIT corporation.
The TLT wasnt a hit? Hmmm. I always thought it was. What about the clod and TXT and the bruiser?
Old 08-15-2007, 09:31 PM   #40
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
The TLT wasnt a hit? Hmmm. I always thought it was. What about the clod and TXT and the bruiser?

Clod is still available.

TXT, I'm not sure

I beleive the Bruisers was to expensive to have the sales volume Tamiya was looking for (just a guess).