Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Anyone into Xmods?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2007, 09:27 PM   #61
I wanna be Dave

HAHA someday i have to meet you thor your great.....
you know i have zip zap that does like 100 mph....

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorsteenster View Post
So you didn't even build the thing yet your bragging how fast it will go and how much you have in it, including a bunch of other things you don't remember. More likely cause you didn't do any of em. Being yours I'd be surprised it hits 5MPH.
sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2007, 09:31 PM   #62
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppy View Post
why on gods green earth would you even say you can make a xmod go 60 you cant. you can put it on all the little stupid dynos you want to. it will never do it on any real track nothing is smooth enough. i have seen pan cars going that speed just take flight for no reason at all they have quite a bit more mass to them. you could maybe do it on a teather but that is so gay i dont know why you would. maybe you could do it on a slot car track but its not really r/c any more and i dont think they would do it still. and by the way i am in no way bashing slot cars they can go that fast and faster. an xmod no way...
xmod= worst peice of crap i ever bought. well after a nylint that is.
The slot cars that will do 60 and 70mph sit extrmeley low to the ground and the body is basically a wing that nails the car to the ground not to mention the amount of glue you use to get it to stick. I'm not really into them though. I like to get a good look at my car going around the track and not for it to be a blur

I'm gettign off topic..... but its a g'hey thread any way soooo...........
Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 09:35 PM   #63
Rock Crawler

Quote:
HAHA someday i have to meet you thor your great.....
you know i have zip zap that does like 100 mph....
Have you seen the people that really get into the bit/zip stuff? FET mods all kinds of crap. www.bitpimps.lixlink.com is a good micro sight alot of people around there do amazing work on a 1/64th scale car!
Old 09-03-2007, 09:45 PM   #64
I wanna be Dave

yeah i rember being at the slot car track and having one of those unlimited cars zing off the track past my head and stick in the dry wall they are cool. you really have to know the track to drive them. i was told you just listen to them and dont watch.. the drag cars are cool to but that is alot of money for the amount of time you run one.
by the way the zip zap site is pretty cool i like the bugg.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun View Post
The slot cars that will do 60 and 70mph sit extrmeley low to the ground and the body is basically a wing that nails the car to the ground not to mention the amount of glue you use to get it to stick. I'm not really into them though. I like to get a good look at my car going around the track and not for it to be a blur

I'm gettign off topic..... but its a g'hey thread any way soooo...........
Old 09-03-2007, 09:53 PM   #65
Quarry Creeper

Those are mine and there is no way in hell your gonna get something that small going over 50mph efficiently with out it taking flight or just blowing up. Mine had a lot of alloy and the 6 cell mod and it still weighed nothing and with the 4wd kit it still didnt handle for chit at high speeds.
Mello_Yello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 10:05 PM   #66
Rock Crawler

Quote:
yeah i rember being at the slot car track and having one of those unlimited cars zing off the track past my head and stick in the dry wall they are cool. you really have to know the track to drive them. i was told you just listen to them and dont watch.. the drag cars are cool to but that is alot of money for the amount of time you run one.
by the way the zip zap site is pretty cool i like the bugg.
If you know how to solder I think you would be amazed how cheap you can get started drag racing. You can build a car for around $35 and have a decent bracket car. add another $25 for a used controller. Also for road racing an FCR will run about $45. I'm really fawking up this thread, lol.

Last edited by Shaun; 09-03-2007 at 10:11 PM.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:48 AM   #67
RCC Addict

Thor, I really wish I could read that post. I'm sure it's full of tech worthy stuff
trickedoutTLT06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 08:51 AM   #68
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickedoutTLT06 View Post
Thor, I really wish I could read that post. I'm sure it's full of tech worthy stuff
So your saying you need to learn how to read?
Old 09-04-2007, 11:09 AM   #69
Rock Crawler

chit chat isn't a tech forum.
theshimonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 05:49 PM   #70
Rock Crawler

Quote:
JB weld.
to thick and takes to much space, although thick CA works well. When ever I use it it breaks not long after, id like to just go back to a stock one thats stronger than a repaired one. Anybody got a spare?

ill get it up tonight now that my connection at home is working again.
clod booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 05:51 PM   #71
I wanna be Dave

yeah i have a fcr and controler now, i just didnt really get into it. so it is just sittin. the guys that were draggin by me had big bucks in the motors and i dont think they were runnin a bracket class it was kinda a members only thing was the inpression i got. i had the most fun runnig HO cars
the johnny lighting class was a blast you really had to drive them.
Quote:
If you know how to solder I think you would be amazed how cheap you can get started drag racing. You can build a car for around $35 and have a decent bracket car. add another $25 for a used controller. Also for road racing an FCR will run about $45. I'm really fawking up this thread, lol.