Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: Power Lifting...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2007, 08:37 PM   #41
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

I think Badgers train of thought is that a cell that pulls more water in will pull more amino acids in too. Im not up to speed on cellular level stuff, I don't use any supps and don't really care to unless it would be worth my time. My guess is that the creatine pulls more water in the cells to keep homeostasis, but nothing else comes inside the cell in greater quantities.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2007, 09:26 PM   #42
Quarry Creeper

I have a buddy that just benched 860 a few months back and he is working on the 900 pretty hard!! He is MIKE "THE BIG BAD" WOLFE
here is a vid of the 860!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZMx4Q8KSxE
better one
http://s96.photobucket.com/albums/l1...=Mike07860.flv

I posted a 700+ vid a year or so ago that he did
twisted84toyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 10:34 PM   #43
RCC Addict

Certain parts of the weight class program I'm in work better than others, I can do the lift 80% of your max for a week or two and see no real result, the only thing that made a noticeable change for me, was 6 sets of 3 reps at 95% of max, I went from benching 125 (I weigh 150, and had never lifted a weight in my life before this class) to 140 in about a week and a half. My goal by June is 180. Same applied to my squats/cleans/military, my cleans went up 30 pounds over a couple weeks, squats went up 40, military 15.
Trike Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 11:45 PM   #44
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
I think Badgers train of thought is that a cell that pulls more water in will pull more amino acids in too. Im not up to speed on cellular level stuff, I don't use any supps and don't really care to unless it would be worth my time. My guess is that the creatine pulls more water in the cells to keep homeostasis, but nothing else comes inside the cell in greater quantities.
Here's a couple articles about creatine if anyone's interested: http://www.nsca-lift.org/Perform/art...?ArticleID=135

http://www.nsca-lift.org/Perform/art...?ArticleID=215

Water enters a cell through its own channel. The channel will only let water in by itself. Insulin helps pull in amino acids, that's why a post exercise meal should include both carbohydrates and protein. You are right. Water is pulled in to maintain homeostasis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trike Kid View Post
Certain parts of the weight class program I'm in work better than others, I can do the lift 80% of your max for a week or two and see no real result, the only thing that made a noticeable change for me, was 6 sets of 3 reps at 95% of max, I went from benching 125 (I weigh 150, and had never lifted a weight in my life before this class) to 140 in about a week and a half. My goal by June is 180. Same applied to my squats/cleans/military, my cleans went up 30 pounds over a couple weeks, squats went up 40, military 15.
Good Luck. Is this a high school or college course? Just remember that training at 95% of your max for too long will place a lot of stress on the body and could lead to overtraining.
kawika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:24 AM   #45
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

At Trikes performance level he won't overtrain at 95% for a while, because his max will probably keep climbing for the next 8 months or more if he eats right and trains smart. I managed to move my bench max from 125 to 185 in a week to week progression single factor style, although I did have light days and speed days thrown in every now and then to grease the neural pathways. It was a 5x5 with ascending weights.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote