Notices

Thread: to moderator

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2012, 01:13 AM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: to moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted4lyf View Post
are you THAT bored that you are tracking this guys post's? The mods on this site WAY more effiecient than any other forum i have belonged to, i myself have posted cool truck, great job etc. Because i may not have a question or advice for the OP, but at the same time just felt like acknowledging that he indeed had a "nice truck."
Thank you. This is exactly how I feel. Again I had one day after 5 months of being registered that I really got to take the time to acknowledge a bunch of awesome builds and someone did not like it. Plain dumb.
Debonair is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2012, 01:47 AM   #22
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debonair View Post
. Really if you have enough time to play junior moderator then I have enough time to read a bunch of threads and comment on them.you can comment on them, just make 30 useful post first then afterwards you can comment away with "nice job" "cool truck" and thank you, i like to think that i am sometimes. jk, just following the rules and helping mods out

And I said the post COUNTS do not matter. I would not share my opinion if I felt it did not matter.then why did you bring it up and complain? if they didnt matter then you could have gone on with your business and kept posting

One post I made I told the OP I owned a 1:1 vehicle similar to his rc. This post was deleted. Another I asked a OP who had traveled to California, my home state, where in my state he had visited. This post was also deleted. Why??? These were not "good jobs" "nice truck" "awesome" posts. Do explain.couldnt tell ya, im not a mod
all in all, your post looked fishy, you say they dont matter and your not trying for 30 yet your complaining your post are gone.............. go make new post, just make them useful and informative. once you hit the magic 30, then be free to post "good job" all you want. simple
demonoid369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:48 AM   #23
RCC Addict

Quote:
Thank you. This is exactly how I feel. Again I had one day after 5 months of being registered that I really got to take the time to acknowledge a bunch of awesome builds and someone did not like it. Plain dumb.
there's also a like button to acknowledge a bunch of awesome builds, just saying
Old 09-08-2012, 02:59 AM   #24
Quarry Creeper

You are really stuck on this 30 post thing. What heck is the point of 30 posts? Do people get avatars or somthing special at 30?

And again I care when people delete my comments because THEY ARE MY COMMENTS. I wonder if the mods think they need your help or of you are jus an annoying mall cop type that makes it his business to police his piers.

Is there a rule that say I can not post any "nice job" or "cool truck" comments? I would like this one answered by a real mod, not a wannabe mod or a mod that takes directions from a wanabee mod rather then acknowledging properly reported threads and making a decision on his/her own.
Old 09-08-2012, 03:18 AM   #25
RCC Addict

Quote:
You are really stuck on this 30 post thing. What heck is the point of 30 posts? Do people get avatars or somthing special at 30?

I wonder if the mods think they need your help or of you are jus an annoying mall cop type that makes it his business to police his piers.[COLOR="rgb(255, 250, 205)"]ask them, they dont mind having look outs, just look at EeePee's post[/COLOR]

a mod that takes directions from a wanabee mod rather then acknowledging properly reported threads and making a decision on his/her ownactually if you look, EeePee is one of the few from 2004, he knows what is what and he doesnt take directions, there have been a few times ive asked about certain peoples posts and he said it was fine. the mods make the final choices, people like me are just here to point out possible scammers, post count whores, etc... and bring it to their attentions. but just to point out the not so obvious because you seem to blame him, EeePee didnt delete your posts, i contacted THX_138................ .
you can say wannabe all you want, dont bother me lol im just doing my community service
Old 09-08-2012, 03:33 AM   #26
Quarry Creeper

I never named names and blame no one person. You said you contact mods outside of the forum's established reporting structure, not me. I mod on another site and that just does not make sense. The report button is there so that those in charge can review the reported threads and make a decision. A 5 month old member leaving a mix or personal comments and praise for members is not what I would consider suspicious and definitely not grounds for deleting a bunch of comments. The reason people share their builds in the first place is for feedback right?

I really am not mad though, more baffled at my opinions being wiped away for no reason. I also see now the 30/30 thing is only about the classifieds (I think). I have nothing to sell. I don't even own a scaler yet. This is why I have no questions or build threads.
Old 09-08-2012, 03:40 AM   #27
RCC Addict

oh boooieee//
just a thread that is aimed for Mod/Admin is aiming for trouble!!

\m/
SwampDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:11 AM   #28

If you put this much effort posting a meaningful and productive comment to a Tech thread as your are to this senseless argument of the RCC forum rules.... You wouldn't have had this issue to begin with.

For not being worried about post count as you say.... You seem awful worked up about having your post count lowered.

I have said this several times before, and I will say it again.....

RCC is not the #1. rated RC forum on the entire internet for no reason.
Our dedicated staff, rules and great members keep us #1."
Many people over many years with great thought have worked things through and decided upon what we have for rules today.
Our rules were surely not just pulled from a hat or picked by throwing darts at the wall.

Oddly, the only people that ever have an issue with the rules in place are the ones who have been caught in violation

THX_138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:24 AM   #29

Quote:
You win a free pinwheel to hold out your car window and go WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!
Serious note, you gain access to the Classifieds Section

And again I care when people delete my comments because THEY ARE MY COMMENTS.
But they are still comments on a forum with User Rules that you agree to follow upon registering

I wonder if the mods think they need your help or of you are jus an annoying mall cop type that makes it his business to police his piers.
His help is greatly appreciated actually. And just in case you missed the comment a few posts back from yet another moderator......
Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post

Truth is, it's due in part because people report posts with that button. But really, it's not just the mods that do work here. We have a lot of help from within the community who I suppose might actually understand what we have going on here. It's a good thing.

Is there a rule that say I can not post any "nice job" or "cool truck" comments? I would like this one answered by a real mod, not a wannabe mod or a mod that takes directions from a wanabee mod rather then acknowledging properly reported threads and making a decision on his/her ownYes, actually there is if you take a few moments and familiarize yourself with the forum rules atop every page of the forum in the forum toolbar under the selection titled "Forum Rules".

Hopefully that answers a few of your questions
Old 09-08-2012, 10:29 AM   #30
MODERATOR™

Good posts Joe.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:37 AM   #31

Quote:
Good posts Joe.
Thanks.... But I get tired of people that break the simplest rules we have and then spend endless time bitching about how awful it is here and how bad we are

I do my best to remain as politicly correct as possible, but sometimes it get difficult.
Old 09-08-2012, 12:10 PM   #32
Suck it up!

Quote:
Good posts Joe.
Nice truck too.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:13 PM   #33
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX_138 View Post
Thanks.... But I get tired of people that break the simplest rules we have and then spend endless time bitching about how awful it is here and how bad we are

I do my best to remain as politicly correct as possible, but sometimes it get difficult.
Thank you for the answers. So I was accused and convicted of post whoring. This resulted in my comments being canned. Back to the forums...
Old 09-08-2012, 12:15 PM   #34
MODERATOR™

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX_138 View Post
but sometimes it get difficult.
Red Star level work. Only a few really know.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:19 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

I'll be back for my pinwheel after I join the 30 club.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:12 PM   #36
Fan of wheelspeed

Quote:
I'll be back for my pinwheel after I join the 30 club.
Or you could buy a star...just sayin.

Hoosierdady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:22 PM   #37
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Red Star level work. Only a few really know.
post whore
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:13 AM   #38
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...

I'm CONSTANTLY baffled by those that don't just BUY A FRICKIN STAR. If you have the cheddar to buy, build or maintain ANY hobby quality RC...You SURELY have the 20 measley dollhairs to help to maintain this site & EeePee's beer stocks. I purchased my 1st star for no other reason than to do my part in keeping this site alive & well.

I've said it multiple times...the mods here have a hard & usually thankless job dealing with a LOT of dummies. I have yet to run across a mod that's being shitty for the sake of being shitty. They seem to keep things professional & not personal...well, except when EeePee asked if I was drunk...so if your posts were deleted...I'm sure there was a good reason.

In closing...BUY A FRICKIN STAR!!!
HARDKNOCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:00 PM   #39
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
You kind of missed my point. I was/am not trying to build post count, otherwise I would have done that months ago.
There have been a few instances where someone joined years ago, never posted once, then came back and tried to get all 30 in one day. The compliment comments raise a flag...no matter how long you've been a member.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:10 PM   #40
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosierdady View Post
Or you could buy a star...just sayin.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!

SwampDawg is offline   Reply With Quote

to moderator - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need Moderator help WestTxRc General Crawlers 3 10-05-2011 09:15 PM
Moderator.... orangeplug Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 7 12-04-2010 08:59 PM
Need moderator CUSTOMHILUX Chit Chat 4 12-05-2009 08:51 PM
how does one become a moderator? hotrodzach Comments, Suggestions, and Help 26 10-04-2006 09:41 AM
moderator ?? jeepguy Chit Chat 34 10-26-2005 09:24 PM