Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help

Notices

Thread: IFS-Class 4 Section ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2014, 08:18 AM   #41
Rock Crawler

Default Re: IFS-Class 4 Section ?

How about this Josh....drop the whole "IFS section" title, and just make it U4RC/class4 (and put in the scale section).

Threads to be custom chassis builds only (think U4RC Trophy class rules). IFS/solid axle, 2.2/1.9 tires, scx/ar60 axles all included but must be a custom built chassis (think U4RC Trophy class rules). My thinking is the section would be geared more to the fabricator type or someone wanting to get into fabricating, as well as those that are interested in the ever more popular Ultra4/KOH (1:1) scene. Just all in one area.

Wraiths with the fastback mod/stiffy kit style stay in the Wraith/2.2 section. IFS wraiths with stock chassis parts stay as well (think trophy class rules).

SCX's would stay in thier respective section(s) (scx/1.9).
(think trophy class rules)

Twin Hammers already have thier own section (think trophy class rules), and the fact that it has a stock plastic pan.

Just thinking out loud...
BC Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2014, 07:53 PM   #42
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC Racing View Post
How about this Josh....drop the whole "IFS section" title, and just make it U4RC/class4 (and put in the scale section).
really !!
there is a section for U4,s already - i know U seen it !!

just do like this thread header says "IFS SECTION"
any rig that has IFS = 1.9 - 2.2 - U4/IFS - scale/IFS - KOH/IFS - TTC/IFS,
what ever with IFS & a solid rear axle - simple !!

just seems strange with the popularly of these rigs - parts & conversion kits being made for IFS rigs,
still no section just for them - there just spread all over board.

we have threads for just about every type of scale - crawler & racer rigs now.

so why not a place for ifs rigs ? - all of them !
the DMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 11:31 PM   #43
RCC Addict

Anymore thought on this section?
Ballistic17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 12:38 PM   #44
Rock Crawler

I don't mean to be rude, but I don't see how an "ifs only" or "ultra4" section would help anything. If you tried to make an all encompassing "ifs only" section, where does the cc-01, twin hammers or an ifs 1.9 honcho belong? If you were going to make an all encompassing "ultra4" section, would you also make a specific section for other styles of scale builds like "TTC only" "weekend warriors" "unjacked class0 only"? I just don't see these sections helping with the organization of where the thread is supposed to belong.

However I do see that there are a lot of really good threads with really good info that just get lost in the clutter, so here is my suggestion.
Make an index of notable builds, kind of a "hall of fame" type of thread.
-Make a thread that gets stickied.
-Lock the tread so it can only a few people can add to it. If it's not locked it will just get all cluttered up and will not serve it's purpose.
-Make one post for each style of build and a link to notable builds that fit that style. You could have groups like TTC, ultra4, portals, southern buggy, stock/"class0"

For example a build like DMG's Teeneycar would have a link in both the TTC and IFS post. Cino63's Power to the portal would have a link in both the IFS and and portal post. etc etc.
spookyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 03:43 PM   #45
No idea what I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookyseven View Post
I don't mean to be rude, but I don't see how an "ifs only" or "ultra4" section would help anything. If you tried to make an all encompassing "ifs only" section, where does the cc-01, twin hammers or an ifs 1.9 honcho belong? If you were going to make an all encompassing "ultra4" section, would you also make a specific section for other styles of scale builds like "TTC only" "weekend warriors" "unjacked class0 only"? I just don't see these sections helping with the organization of where the thread is supposed to belong..
I have to agree. Take a look at the mess in the AX-10 section as an example. Look how many AR-60 builds continue to show up there, even after the second generation AX-10 section was created.

People here can't even keep those 2 simple sections clear...what happens if there was an IFS, KOH, TTC etc., added? Even the video sections are muddied with posts in the wrong place.

I think the simpler the better. 1.9 and 2.2 scaler. If you have an IFS 1.9, put it in the 1.9 section with IFS in the title. If you have a 2.2, put it in 2.2 with IFS in the title.
C*H*U*D is offline   Reply With Quote

IFS-Class 4 Section ? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IFS section? Gula Comments, Suggestions, and Help 7 01-24-2014 01:10 PM
Class 1 IFS Hummer edge540 1.5 Scale Rigs 47 11-27-2012 10:27 PM
Super class forum section? pitass Comments, Suggestions, and Help 7 03-30-2009 04:38 PM