Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Comments, Suggestions, and Help

Notices

Thread: Likes and such

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2018, 06:22 AM   #1

Default Likes and such

I'm not familiar with this board format. How do I "like" a thread?
And, how do I find all my posts/threads? Thanks much,Dan

☆ I looked in user CP and clicked on user name in top right corner.

Last edited by Workingstiff; 07-07-2018 at 06:24 AM. Reason: Add'l info
Workingstiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2018, 07:52 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Likes and such

You can like a post, I’m not sure how to like an entire thread. If you want notifications on thread you’ve started, there is a little grey box for that. And that’s all I’ve picked up so far.

I’m still not sure how people are answering multiple quotes in the same post.
Alexander_0_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 08:20 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

You can rate a thread by clicking the 'Thread Tools' tab which is just above the top post in a little bar and on the right side of it theres a few options, LinkBack, Thread Tools, Search this Thread, Rate Thread and Display Modes.

To like a post you hover the mouse over the post and a 'Like' and 'Share' button will pop up

To find all of your threads go to 'User CP', then to 'Your Profile', then click the 'Statistics' tab and you'll see options to look at all posts or all threads you've started.
I've got mine setup to be a bit easier, go into the 'User CP' click 'Edit Options' and look for the 'Default Subscription Option' in the drop down menu select anything but 'Do Not Subscribe' this way now you can simply click on 'User CP' and then 'List Subscriptions' to bring up all of your threads and posts.

As for multiple quotes theres a 'Multi Quote' option just to the right of 'Quote' button, keep in mind for your last quote you need to click the quote button to finish. I'll also go back and edit a post by quoting a post then copying it and not submitting the reply, go back to the original post I wanted to add to and paste in the quote with all of the HTML code or what ever its called.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander_0_1 View Post
If you want notifications on thread you’ve started, there is a little grey box for that.
Yeah from the 'Thread tools' tab you can manually sub to a thread too

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 07-10-2018 at 08:29 PM.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 08:22 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workingstiff View Post
I'm not familiar with this board format. How do I "like" a thread?
And, how do I find all my posts/threads? Thanks much,Dan

☆ I looked in user CP and clicked on user name in top right corner.
Assuming you're on the website and not Tapatalk, you should see these icons in the lower right corner of every post:

Just click "Like" to like a post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander_0_1 View Post
You can like a post, I’m not sure how to like an entire thread. If you want notifications on thread you’ve started, there is a little grey box for that. And that’s all I’ve picked up so far.

I’m still not sure how people are answering multiple quotes in the same post.
If you want to multiquote, click the "+ icon in the pic above on each post you want to multiquote...you'll notice the icon will turn red for each post you select. Then click "Quote" in any one of the posts with the red icon and voila, it will open a response window with each clicked post. Then you can reply to each post separately between the [/QUOTE] ending one post and the [QUOTE] beginning the next one. Then you're not guilty of the netiquette faux pas of back-to-back posting ;)

Now, if someone can tell us how to find at least all the threads you've started yourself I would appreciate that information too.
2mtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 08:25 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
You can rate a thread at the top post theres a bar and on the right side of it theres a few options, LinkBack, Thread Tools, Search this Thread, Rate Thread and Display Modes.

To like a post you hover the mouse over the post and a 'Like' and 'Share' button will pop up

To find all of your threads go to 'User CP', then to 'Your Profile', then click the 'Statistics' tab and you'll see an options to look at all posts or all threads you've started.
I've got mine setup to be a bit easier, go into the 'User CP' click 'Edit Options' and look for the 'Default Subscription Option' in the drop down menu select anything but 'Do Not Subscribe' this way now you can simply click on 'User CP' and then 'List Subscriptions' to bring up all of your threads and posts.

As for multiple quotes theres a 'Multi Quote' option just to the right of 'Quote' keep in mind for your last quote you need to click the quote button to finish. I'll also go back and edit a post by quoting a post then copying it and not submitting the reply, go back to the original post I wanted to add to and paste in the quote with all of the HTML code or what ever its called.

Yeah from the 'Thread tools' tab you cant manually sub to a thread too
LOL...you beat me, Casey!

And thanks

Edit to add: You didn't know it, but you taught me how to post a titled hyperlink 15 minutes ago too.

Last edited by 2mtech; 07-10-2018 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Add
Old 07-10-2018, 08:36 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mtech View Post
LOL...you beat me, Casey!

And thanks

Edit to add: You didn't know it, but you taught me how to post a titled hyperlink 15 minutes ago too.

Yeah surprising huh, this is one of the fastest moving threads to ever show up in the comments section, its usually a wasteland.

Glad I Taught you something, just to add to this if you're ever curious to know how someone posts something different just quote their post and examine the contents you might find special commands that turn text a color for example but for the love of god please dont color your text, not sure why but sometimes I simply cannot read a block of colored text.

wait this isn't the rant thread
Old 07-10-2018, 08:41 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Glad I Taught you something, just to add to this if you're ever curious to know how someone posts something different just quote their post and examine the contents you might find special commands that turn text a color for example but for the love of god please dont color your text, not sure why but sometimes I simply cannot read a block of colored text.

wait this isn't the rant thread
Yep, that's how you "showed" me...I quoted your post and analyzed the code.

Always a color thing with you...orange posts matter!!
Old 07-11-2018, 09:14 AM   #8

Quote:

Now, if someone can tell us how to find at least all the threads you've started yourself I would appreciate that information too.

If you click on the user name and go to the profile page then click on

“Statistics”

Then you click on the

“Find all threads started by _______”

The next page opened wil be the list of all the threads created/opened by that member.

Or.......If you chose the option

“Find all posts by ______”

above the “find all threads started by _____” , it will display EVERY post ever made.
THX_138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 09:54 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

And THX_138 has just taught us how to do color and bigger text

[SIZ E=5][CO LOR=YellowGreen] text here [/CO LOR][/SIZ E]
like so

I added spaces in the words color and size so you can see the code for color and larger sized text.

I was able to check this in THX's post by quoting it and going to advanced mode and from their clicking the switch editor mode in the upper right hand corner of the editing box, this changes all of the post contents to just plain text which reveals the code.
Old 07-11-2018, 10:40 AM   #10

Did I also teach you that I’m lazy and don’t delete my private messages very often???
Evidenced by having 4,757 current emails
THX_138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 11:16 AM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX_138 View Post
[SIZE="5"][COLOR="YellowGreen"]If you click on the user name and go to the profile page then click on

“Statistics”
Thanks!

Quote:
And THX_138 has just taught us how to do color and bigger text

[SIZ E=5][CO LOR=YellowGreen] text here [/CO LOR][/SIZ E]
like so

I added spaces in the words color and size so you can see the code for color and larger sized text.

I was able to check this in THX's post by quoting it and going to advanced mode and from their clicking the switch editor mode in the upper right hand corner of the editing box, this changes all of the post contents to just plain text which reveals the code.
We suck...I called double posting a faux pas and then did it, you said not to use colored text and then did it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX_138 View Post
Did I also teach you that I’m lazy and don’t delete my private messages very often???
Evidenced by having 4,757 current emails
You're just too dang popular!!
Old 07-11-2018, 06:56 PM   #12

Smile Re: Likes and such

[QUOTE=2mtech;5850194]Assuming you're on the website and not Tapatalk, you should see these icons in the lower right corner of every post:

I do see the 3 icon buttons. I don't see the like|share links tho.
This thread is WAY more better than I expected! Yep on website on Galaxy S5.

Last edited by Workingstiff; 07-11-2018 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Info
Workingstiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 07:38 PM   #13
RCC Addict

[QUOTE=Workingstiff;5850508]
Quote:
Assuming you're on the website and not Tapatalk, you should see these icons in the lower right corner of every post:

I do see the 3 icon buttons. I don't see the like|share links tho.
This thread is WAY more better than I expected! Yep on website on Galaxy S5.
If you roll the cursor over the area above the icon buttons you'll see the
Like | Share appear.

Last edited by 2mtech; 07-11-2018 at 07:42 PM.

Likes and such - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Who likes liquorish? n3cron99 Axial Wraith 10 04-06-2015 12:30 AM
Likes Duuuuuuuude Chit Chat 155 01-14-2014 04:47 PM
who likes blackfoot hman1991 Chit Chat 6 05-12-2005 05:33 PM