Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: **Nor-Cal Event #6 - Fall / Winter Series**

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2008, 09:22 PM   #101
RCC Addict

The penalty you Tyler is pants around your annkles and a tube top,.... lipsticks optional.
drumbeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2008, 07:07 PM   #102
Quarry Creeper

well guys i had a great time out there with you today and i learned alot... lookin forward to the next one.. this time ill be a little more prepared.. i got dig.!!
NSR_CIVIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 09:52 PM   #103
Nor-CalRCRC

Well,,,,, that was some slippery rock. Judging by the scores I would say that they were some of the toughest courses we have had.

Thanks to the hill folk for the new comp spot. Worked out well.

Thanks to all who attended and to all who helped out. It was fun (except for the part where my son beat me).
montereycrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 10:16 PM   #104
RCC Addict

Killer courses .... No Banjo music = Great time
Thanks Everone that came
Old 03-29-2008, 10:19 PM   #105

Lots of fun!! Would like to thank Steve and everyone else that helped my wife with her first comp while I was judging.
Jermsking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 11:49 PM   #106
Rock Stacker

wow that was for sure not an easy place to get traction.
nice to meet a lot of great folks. looking forward to the next comp.

here are some pics I took today...... including a bat or 2

http://www.tacodab.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=6143
tacodab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 12:12 AM   #107
Im Brandon

Glad everyone could make it out today! I had a great time. Special thanks to the judges and video crew. Also to the Reno guys for coming over the hill and all your help!

So who wants to kill me? I admit, the courses were too tough. Although at the end of the day I was happy to see they were all possible.

Congrats to Daniel on his win

Damn it Dean, so close. You really are my brother from another Mother. Tied me for second.

Taking fourth was Airtoy! Congrats to BPRCA taking home a top 5 finish.

5th goes to DJ!! Congrats showing these all geezers how to drive.

Here are the scores, if I made any mistakes please let me know.
Attached Images

Last edited by Brandon; 03-30-2008 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Fixed Scores
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 10:52 AM   #108
Quarry Creeper

well the course were a little to hard, i of bad when over half the people didn't even finish one course, think it was set up a little hard, kind of mad it a little boring at times watching everyone stuck in alot of the same spots. one question why was course three not run on rules. i think that if its in the rules 20pts and you get to advance thats how it should be done, seen alot of people not even make it pass gate three and just burn time but im not the one running it. so i had alot of fun just a few things that could have made for a better event.
maro69camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 11:06 AM   #109
RCC Addict

Lance be sure to tell DJ congrats, thats impressive. Wish i could have made it, sounded like a lot of fun.
Norcal crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 11:23 AM   #110
Nor-CalRCRC

The 20pt rule is an option in the rules for 2008. Brian and I did not know that others were going to utilize that option until 1 competitor had already run the course. If we had changed it to allow the 20pt/progress it would have been unfair. The last few comps we ran at PG, the Bean and Folsom we did not utilize this rule.

Keep in mind that at that point only one competitor had run and we didn't have feedback on the other courses and how hard they were until several people had run. I know I was thinking in the beginning that the course I was judging (course #3) was the toughest and that the other courses would not be as hard. It is hard to judge the difficulty of a course even after watching several people run it. Many times we have had comps where the first handful of people 40 the course but then several end up posting very low scores later on.

The true difficulty of the courses is not really uncovered until many people have run. Judges can only make changes to the course during the first person's run and have it be fair for everyone.

This is the first time Nor-Cal has ever had a comp on rock that slick. It is very hard to create a course that is challenging but not too hard. This especially true when the people that are setting the courses want to compete as well because they can't (in all fairness) pre-run any lines. Because we had not run a comp on that rock before the course setters did not have a good basis of what was doable or not. I think most of us were surprised that things were much harder than they looked.

The people who set the courses have lots af experience and have been to national events etc. It is not easy to create courses that work for everyone when the rock is so different than what we normally compete on. There is an extremely fine line between making a course too easy and one that is too hard.
Old 03-30-2008, 11:25 AM   #111
Nor-CalRCRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcal crawler View Post
Lance be sure to tell DJ congrats, thats impressive. Wish i could have made it, sounded like a lot of fun.
Thanks Brian, I will. He was so excited that he beat his dad. That was the biggest deal for him. Beating Dustin was a pretty close 2nd though. (sorry Dustin)
Old 03-30-2008, 01:37 PM   #112
Pebble Pounder

a big thanks to all the judges!!! the courses rocked!! i was glad to see that lance,dean & dustin could make it up the hill & a thanks to the reno guys for driving around the hill!!
usslandlocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 02:10 PM   #113
RCC Addict

Mike you need to show us your famous move again . Hope your backs OK
Old 03-30-2008, 04:06 PM   #114
I wanna be Dave

Thanks to the Nor-Cal group for hosting a GREAT comp. Seeing old friends and competing is something I never get tired of. I felt right @ home on the rocks there, anyone that has ever driven on the CKRC Shop course would have felt the same.

The courses, to me, were fun! I love a good challenge, not only driven, but mentally, and we all know decision making is a huge part in competing.

I would like to thank Axial and CKRC for thier rock-spankin' products, without them, I would not have been able to tie Dustin for 6th ( yes, courses were slicker than a nite in a hotel room with Crisco)

Congrats to fellow Team CKRC Driver, Daniel on the win. That was his first comp w/ an Axial based CKRC Rockstar chasis. Those gates in the BPRCA are pro style gates, which speak volumes on how impressive DJ's driving was. Watching him on course 3 was incredible, your teachin' him well, Lance.

Thanks again to all that put on this comp. I'll be back to that site for another one, I owe those rocks a smack down. See ya'll @ the next one.
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 05:55 PM   #115
Rock Stacker

Default Thanks

Just would like to say thanks to all the NOR CAL guys for having the CKRC Team up. I think the courses were great; challenging to say the least. I hope to see all of you guys next weekend @ BPRCA's summer series and looking forward to the next invite to go over the hill.

Last edited by airtoy; 03-30-2008 at 08:37 PM.
airtoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 08:12 PM   #116
Rock Crawler

Thanks to everyone who put this together. Looking forward to the next comp!
Here are some pics I took.

More Pics
http://sn4wd.com/~joel/Slickrock%20comp/
Stuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 08:36 PM   #117
Quarry Creeper

Thanks to everyone, had lots o fun, except my damn flat tire! Thanks to Don and Tacodab for helping me out with it. Cant wait for the next one,maybee i will do a little better.
ruck"n"roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 08:25 PM   #118
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumbeater View Post
Mike you need to show us your famous move again . Hope your backs OK
that was called a lipskid with a half twist! at least i saved my crawler & radio! i went through all that work & no one even got a pic!
usslandlocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:40 PM   #119
Quarry Creeper

I am working on the video...
1tom2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 02:48 PM   #120
Rock Stacker

what is the eta on the video and how long is the video going to be. i for one would like to get one on a cd to have the local hobby play sometime. SO pm me if you want to charge for it. but i dont care just want to spread the maddness of rc crawler
NSR ACCORD is offline   Reply With Quote