Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: NorCal Season

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2005, 10:30 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default NorCal Season

What do you guys think about having a comp. season for 06?

Sam brought it up so i thought i would start a tread to descuse it.
skyjacker_rc_club is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2005, 10:41 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

IMO i like the rccrawler rules(im not cring over them)

http://www.rccrawler.com/downloads/RCC-Rules2005.pdf

but i like the new Utah Classes

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinchFlat
FYI Here are the 3 classes we will be running in our 2006 Utah points series.

Class 1 - Squat to Pee Class (formally Super Crawler)

- No limits to wheelbase, Vehicle track width or height.
- No limits on tire type or size.
- Limited to 4-wheeled vehicles only.
- No limits to steering configuration
- You must run a body (full tube chassis acceptable).
- The body must be 1/10th scale or larger.
- The body can be cut/modified but must retain 70% of its original form, but the width or the cab must be the factory width.
- Body should resemble its original form (jeep bodies look like a jeep)

Class 2 - Old School Class (ALL NEW CLASS)

- Limited to ClodBuster, TXT-1 or E-Maxx configuration.
- Vehicle wheelbase is a maximum 14 inches..
- Limited to ClodBuster/TXT, standard MAXX sized wheel or smaller. Wheel Narrowing is allowed.
- Limited to un-modified tires only (straight out of the bag).
- 4-wheel steering allowed, Y-harness only. No crab steer or independent rear steer allowed.
- Limited to full body only (the only trimming allowed will be fender flairs).

If any Class 2 vehicle violates any of these guidelines it must be run in the Class 1 - beginner Class

Class 3 - Pro-Mod Class (formally 2.2 Class)

- Vehicle is limited to Tamiya TLT-1 axles ONLY.
- Vehicle wheelbase is a maximum 12.5 inches.
- Limited to 2.2 sized wheels and tires only.
- 4 wheel steering allowed, Y-harness only. No crab steer or independent rear steer allowed.
- The body can be cut/modified but must retain 70% of its original form, but the width or the cab must be the factory width.
- Body should resemble its original form (jeep bodies look like a jeep)

If any Class 3 vehicle voilates any of these guidelines it must be run in the Class 1 - Beginner Class
IMO i think the Utah Classes sound cool and make some good points.

Last edited by skyjacker_rc_club; 09-09-2005 at 10:45 AM.
Old 09-09-2005, 10:49 AM   #3
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Yep, I am all for this.

I think we need to start very soon and get all the bugs worked out in the '05 season.

How many comps do you think we should have? I was thinking we could have one every 4 to 6 weeks.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 10:52 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyjacker_rc_club
IMO i like the rccrawler rules(im not cring over them)

http://www.rccrawler.com/downloads/RCC-Rules2005.pdf

but i like the new Utah Classes

IMO i think the Utah Classes sound cool and make some good points.
I like the idea of the three classes. But there are some points that are not the way we have built our trucks. So they are close but would need to be modified. I do not want to rebuild all of my trucks. Blend with our rules, then it might work.
RandyatBBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 10:57 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Ya we should have like 8 comps a year that way we can still have get together.

we do need to start soon.
Old 09-09-2005, 10:59 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyatBBY
I like the idea of the three classes. But there are some points that are not the way we have built our trucks. So they are close but would need to be modified. I do not want to rebuild all of my trucks. Blend with our rules, then it might work.
Blend? Could you give an example.
Old 09-09-2005, 11:03 AM   #7

I don't like the utah classes at all. It seems very back asswards.

Class 1 - is the "Unlimited class" yet it's called the beginner class.

Class 2 - Who builds these rigs? I think everyone knows that TXT's and Clods perform like **** with a 14" wheelbase. So pretty much every nor-cal person with a TXT or Clod would have to run in the "Beginner" class or reconfig our setups.

Class 3 - 4WS on a 2.2???? I could go either way but I would prefer the 2.2 class to be 2WS to make it more challenging. My TLT is already extremely capable, and if I added rear stear to it I think it would be less of a challenge.
Old 09-09-2005, 11:08 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger
I don't like the utah classes at all. It seems very back asswards.

Class 1 - is the "Unlimited class" yet it's called the beginner class.

Class 2 - Who builds these rigs? I think everyone knows that TXT's and Clods perform like **** with a 14" wheelbase. So pretty much every nor-cal person with a TXT or Clod would have to run in the "Beginner" class or reconfig our setups.

Class 3 - 4WS on a 2.2???? I could go either way but I would prefer the 2.2 class to be 2WS to make it more challenging. My TLT is already extremely capable, and if I added rear stear to it I think it would be less of a challenge.
ya you have a point. I dont like the name or shorts wheel base mabe 15.5 would be better.

the thing i like about the 2.2 rule is they understand that 4ws with a y harness is not a true advantage its just when you let people crab walk and use independent steering.
Old 09-09-2005, 11:17 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

post faster
Old 09-09-2005, 11:19 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

You guys get my point We got close to a Scale class But I think any axel like the my tuber tlt and badgers Brusher. the TLTclods ane out unlimiteds and our comp 2.2 with two wheel stteer harde to judge 70 percent of body. Ans so on We need to look at each class one at a time.

On the 8 comps we had only 2 this year how can we jump to so much of a %tage.
Old 09-09-2005, 11:19 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

Quote:
post faster
Had to go for a walk and have to go to work.
Old 09-09-2005, 11:28 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

Quote:
You guys get my point We got close to a Scale class But I think any axel like the my tuber tlt and badgers Brusher. the TLTclods ane out unlimiteds and our comp 2.2 with two wheel stteer harde to judge 70 percent of body. Ans so on We need to look at each class one at a time.

On the 8 comps we had only 2 this year how can we jump to so much of a %tage.
*It should be a axle width for the tlt class

*2ws was cool for trials class but we are talking unlimited 2.2 4ws should be good that is one thing i could never understand and the person that came up with that should be shot in the leg.

*I think the body rule it there to just give you and idea not saying you are limited to 70%. We just dont want people to show up with a hood and thats it.

Last edited by skyjacker_rc_club; 09-09-2005 at 11:30 AM.
Old 09-09-2005, 11:28 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Had to go for a walk and have to go to work.
and you posted 5 min later

Last edited by skyjacker_rc_club; 09-09-2005 at 11:32 AM.
Old 09-09-2005, 11:41 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

If you are going to do a Nor-Cal series, then the events should cover the entire Nor-Cal area, Santa Cruz to the Oregon border, Susanville to the Coast. That is Nor-Cal, if you want to run a series and keep it more in the Santa Cruz to San Fran. area, then it should be called the Bay Area Series. Just my thoughts, since I live in what I consider to be Nor-Cal not Central Cal. If you consider using the entire Northern Cal. area (a really large area) then I would be for it. This would require everyone to have one or two more local events (less than 2 hrs. drive time) and everyone would have to commit to doing some travelling. If you don't want to travel, make it a local series, but don't call it Nor-Cal Series, it wouldn't be covering all of Nor-Cal.
Trailerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 11:46 AM   #15
Rock Crawler

Last edited by skyjacker_rc_club; 09-09-2005 at 11:57 AM.
Old 09-09-2005, 12:02 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Just wanting that clarified, to the people in my area, your guys really are just Bay Area. Most people that live here consider Nor-Cal to be Sac. north thru the valley, and Ukiah north thru 101 to be Nor-Cal. Sorry, just the way people see it. They also feel that from you guys south to Bakersfield should be called Central Cal., and then everything south of that to be So-Cal.

You could run a true Nor-Cal series, a couple of events in your area, a couple just east of Sac., a couple along the 101 route north of the Bay area, say one in the Ukiah area and one in the Eureka area, one up in my area just outside of Redding, one over the hills from me towards the north east corner of Cal. by Susanville. That is a total of 8 events. There are lakes, rivers, creeks, plenty of rock in all those areas. Hold the events on say, the second weekend of each month, starting in April. Just an idea.
Trailerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 12:10 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

Sounds like it May hurt the turn out of the event if every one has to drive to hell and back to get to the events like that shasta trip.
Old 09-09-2005, 12:10 PM   #18

Quote:
the thing i like about the 2.2 rule is they understand that 4ws with a y harness is not a true advantage its just when you let people crab walk and use independent steering.
I agree, I like how they added the caveat of using the y harness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailerguy
If you are going to do a Nor-Cal series, then the events should cover the entire Nor-Cal area, Santa Cruz to the Oregon border, Susanville to the Coast. That is Nor-Cal, if you want to run a series and keep it more in the Santa Cruz to San Fran. area, then it should be called the Bay Area Series. Just my thoughts, since I live in what I consider to be Nor-Cal not Central Cal. If you consider using the entire Northern Cal. area (a really large area) then I would be for it. This would require everyone to have one or two more local events (less than 2 hrs. drive time) and everyone would have to commit to doing some travelling. If you don't want to travel, make it a local series, but don't call it Nor-Cal Series, it wouldn't be covering all of Nor-Cal.
We call it the Nor-Cal series because MOST of the active nor-cal crawlers live in the bay area. Why would we cover all the way up to the Oregon border when the majority of the crew lives 8 hours from it?

We understand the geographical meaning of Nor-Cal.

How many of you guys up in redding actually have a drivers licence and do not have to rely on mommy to drive you to a comp?

We will have the comp locations all over the greater bay (as far down to the Pinnacles (central cal) to Folsom Lake or even further north) area which means it will be a drive for just about everyone. And sometimes it will be a short drive for some because some of the best crawling in Nor-Cal is a few minutes from some of our houses.

This will continue to be called Nor-Cal.
Old 09-09-2005, 12:10 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailerguy
Well that is the name of our club or group. that beeing said

I like the idea. Just it is hard to comit to too mucn I have several intrestand do most of us. It could be good though, lets talk and thionk about it.
Old 09-09-2005, 12:12 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger
We call it the Nor-Cal series because MOST of the active nor-cal crawlers live in the bay area. Why would we cover all the way up to the Oregon border when the majority of the crew lives 8 hours from it?

We understand the geographical meaning of Nor-Cal.

How many of you guys up in redding actually have a drivers licence and do not have to rely on mommy to drive you to a comp?

We will have the comp locations all over the greater bay (as far down to the Pinnacles (central cal) to Folsom Lake or even further north) area which means it will be a drive for just about everyone. And sometimes it will be a short drive for some because some of the best crawling in Nor-Cal is a few minutes from some of our houses.

This will continue to be called Nor-Cal.
True Dat