Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: Tennessee State Crawl-off / Championship

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2009, 10:21 PM   #61
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunatik888 View Post
Where is the rules man? Where is Fish? Who knows the answer?
Joe is right. The way it's worded....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmaxx View Post
Starting in 2009, Nationals invites will no longer given to individual clubs.

75 Invitations will be distributed among the 50 states. To get 75 bids divided up among 50 took some effort, so some states will be combined together to form a "mini" regions , and some will be divided in half (CA and TX). Most are organized into single states with 2 bids. Once we have a complete club listing the final distribution of bids will be made public.

States/Regions that have MULTIPLE sanctioned clubs will have a Nationals Crawl-Off before National invites are sent out. Each club will send will its TOP 5 Drivers to a mutually agreed upon location. Each Club will build an equal number of course, and the winner(s) go to Nationals. Failure to reach a mutual agreement will result in that state/region forfeiting all its bids!

Each club participating its states crawl off will need to be done with its series by June 1st each year. Then sometime in June the state crawl off needs to be held, so you can turn in your states Nats bids on July 1st.

Clubs are required to run a minimum of 4 competitions for each class they want to qualify for Nationals between Jan 1st- July 1st or prior to its State/Region Crawl Off.
Joe,SVEN and Tyler will have to run twice in super. Maybe we all stand a chance after all. Double their scores up.

Last edited by Reflection; 06-03-2009 at 10:45 PM.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2009, 10:23 PM   #62
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflection View Post
Double their scores up.

That sounds about like your rules.
Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:52 AM   #63
RCC Addict

Quote:
So, when there are the same people in the top five in both clubs, like Joe and Tyler, do they pick one club to represent which gives someone else a chance to represent in the other club? How does that work?

They put in the time and travel to run with both clubs and finished in the top 5 of each..That just means there are 2 less drivers to compete with for the nats invites in TN...There is nothing in the rules about this..For example if Joe says he runs for sercrc that still would not move 6th and 7th place up to the top 5 in ETRC..Or vice versa..I see nothing wrong with competing in 2 clubs and doubling you chances if that is what you choose to do ....No one can say this is not fair because everyone has the opertunity to do so if they choose..I call it smart if you realy want to go to nats
sddill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:48 PM   #64
I wanna be Dave

Personaly if they are good enough and put in the time to win 2 spots, why would it be ok to take one from them. I look at it like this, you win a spot in each club that takes away one person that could potentionaly keep you from nationals. I say if you earn it you keep it.
Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:35 PM   #65
I wanna be Dave

I know its not my state, but the guys who finished in top five for both clubs deserve it! They drove their ass off, both in getting to events and while at the events. The financial and time commitment to make both clubs events speaks volumes about them.

Congrats Joe, Tyler and Sven!!
redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:23 PM   #66
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze View Post
Personaly if they are good enough and put in the time to win 2 spots, why would it be ok to take one from them. I look at it like this, you win a spot in each club that takes away one person that could potentionaly keep you from nationals. I say if you earn it you keep it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
I know its not my state, but the guys who finished in top five for both clubs deserve it! They drove their ass off, both in getting to events and while at the events. The financial and time commitment to make both clubs events speaks volumes about them.

Congrats Joe, Tyler and Sven!!

x2
Old 06-04-2009, 04:02 PM   #67
TEAM MODERATOR

I agree with Jeff,Tim and Stacey. Fishys wording says the top 5 drivers. Nothing at all about drivers dropping one club over the other if they finish well in both....and I'm fine with that.

Everyone in the state has had the opportunity all year long to compete in both clubs and all 3 classes,like Joe and his family. The scores and attendance records show who's been doing work. If anyone is unhappy about the deal....DO more WORK next year.

Rusty,Harvo....you guys are tied for 5th. While the guys start the invite crawl off,we'll have a separate single course set up for you two only. Better bring your game face if you want in the run off. I'm going to set a 10 gate course with a 3 minute time limit.....lowest score at 3 minutes is in the crawl off.
Old 06-04-2009, 05:14 PM   #68
I wanna be Dave

TEDROCKZ and I are going to try to make a weekend out of it.......were probably going to leave early Friday so we can make the indoor comp too. Anyone know about how far between the 2?
Old 06-04-2009, 05:32 PM   #69
Quarry Creeper

The indoor comp is only 30 or 40 minutes from the Tennessee State Crawl Off.
lunatik888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 05:33 PM   #70
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I agree with Jeff,Tim and Stacey. Fishys wording says the top 5 drivers. Nothing at all about drivers dropping one club over the other if they finish well in both....and I'm fine with that.

Everyone in the state has had the opportunity all year long to compete in both clubs and all 3 classes,like Joe and his family. The scores and attendance records show who's been doing work. If anyone is unhappy about the deal....DO more WORK next year.

Rusty,Harvo....you guys are tied for 5th. While the guys start the invite crawl off,we'll have a separate single course set up for you two only. Better bring your game face if you want in the run off. I'm going to set a 10 gate course with a 3 minute time limit.....lowest score at 3 minutes is in the crawl off.
A crawl off within a crawl off. May the best man win
lunatik888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 05:55 PM   #71
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
The indoor comp is only 30 or 40 minutes from the Tennessee State Crawl Off.

Thanks!
Old 06-04-2009, 06:01 PM   #72
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockcrawler View Post
TEDROCKZ and I are going to try to make a weekend out of it.......were probably going to leave early Friday so we can make the indoor comp too. Anyone know about how far between the 2?

Alright you mean I get to beat you twice in one weekend...Sounds like fun
Old 06-04-2009, 06:02 PM   #73
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by sddill View Post
Alright you mean I get to beat you twice in one weekend...Sounds like fun

I am hoping it to be a "kick ass" (yours) weekend......literally.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:10 PM   #74
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Where is the rules man? Where is Fish? Who knows the answer?
Its the Top 5 Drivers in each club. One club's results have nothing to do with another. If a driver earns a slot in each club....good job...one less person to beat at the crawl-off.

Ties are not addressed....YET. Rusty & Harvo tie for Fifth hmmmmm that makes it interesting. If it was a tie for 1 thru 4 it would be easy.....I would take the highest ranked 5 drivers even if the were all tied for 1st place, but in the event of a fifth place tie you gotta go with six with out something in the rule before hand.

Note: thats not anything official....just my 2cents.

Edit:oops! just realized ETRC had a plan for the tie. Its being settled on the rocks, and thats good by me!

Last edited by Fishmaxx; 06-04-2009 at 06:43 PM.
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 06:47 PM   #75
Old guy

I say let the two guys tied for 5th run in the crawl offs. It's none of my business, just sticking my nose where it don't belong. Thats just what I do.
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 06:48 PM   #76
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
A crawl off within a crawl off. May the best man win

And I'm not going to go easy on you guys like I did last weekend when we had the comp up here at my place.
Old 06-04-2009, 06:49 PM   #77
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKEDUP RICKY View Post
I say let the two guys tied for 5th run in the crawl offs. It's none of my business, just sticking my nose where it don't belong. Thats just what I do.

Yeah,your just a trouble maker......
Old 06-04-2009, 06:52 PM   #78
Old guy

Quote:
Yeah,your just a trouble maker......
It would make it more fun Steve. Come on. If we had a crawl off in OK. I'd vote let them run. Unless the rest are scared they might take their spot.
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 06:55 PM   #79
I wanna be Dave

Looks like I got here just in time.... as my fate is being decided by a bunch of people who don't even like me
Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:07 PM   #80
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvo View Post
Looks like I got here just in time.... as my fate is being decided by a bunch of people who don't even like me

Well,if you don't want to break the tie on the rocks....we could let you and Rusty arm wrestle for it? Which would you prefer?