Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: PARC - December 4th - Rock Racing Comp- Spec/Drivers Class Comp- Get together

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2005, 09:23 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

did anyone get pics?
rock_starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2005, 07:48 AM   #22
Rock Crawler

I dont remeber exactly, but I remember being disapointed that it was only as fast as the 14inch truck. The second run I remeber was 35 sec but that would not count. I still think 30 sec was the time to beat! How many 31s in a row can you get before you brake through?
grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 09:17 AM   #23
Pebble Pounder

was a great day and had alot of fun even though i was running a 1:6 nylint, that i had put moabs on it the night before, turning was a all new thing lol
Face The Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 07:50 PM   #24
The Wheels Keep Turning

Quote:
Originally Posted by grover
I still think 30 sec was the time to beat! How many 31s in a row can you get before you brake through?
It was fun trying to beat the 30 second barrier. It defintely could have been done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face The Karma
was a great day and had alot of fun even though i was running a 1:6 nylint, that i had put moabs on it the night before, turning was a all new thing lol
Thanks for letting my drive your nylint. I was surprised how many obstacles it could go over. They are pretty capable.
kevinlongisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 08:03 PM   #25
Pebble Pounder

np at all, thanks for letting me drive your stick(i love that thing) climbs anything!
did we get any pics off the comp? and is grover going to post the vid?

thanks again hope to be there for the next one!
Old 12-05-2005, 09:04 PM   #26
The Wheels Keep Turning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face The Karma
np at all, thanks for letting me drive your stick(i love that thing) climbs anything!
did we get any pics off the comp? and is grover going to post the vid?

thanks again hope to be there for the next one!
Not sure if anyone got pics. We were all having too much fine driving and BS'ing! The way it should be.

Just to let all of you know, the drivers/spec class is still up in the air. Changes may still be made so i don't want anyone to commit to buying or building one and then we change things. We were even talking about bone stock pajero's or similar for this class. Remember, one of the main goals of this class is cost and ease of entry for noobs. Also making a drivers class, so vehicles as close in performance to each other is important. We will talk about this more at the comp this sunday.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:07 PM   #27
Pebble Pounder

sounds cool
Old 12-05-2005, 09:16 PM   #28

you guys keep saying this Sunday that's the 11th but the next listing is at Papago park on the 18th whick is it I'm getting confused
andrewrcguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 09:48 PM   #29
The Wheels Keep Turning

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewrcguy
you guys keep saying this Sunday that's the 11th but the next listing is at Papago park on the 18th whick is it I'm getting confused
Oops!!! My bad. Don't know why i thought the comp was this coming weekend. I guess the Christmas rush is getting to my brain. No time to think except to build chassis' and ship boxes out!! But yes you are correct, it's not this coming weekend, its just under two weeks from today. Sorry man!
Old 12-06-2005, 07:23 AM   #30
Rock Crawler

No vid for you guys, all I really got was a couple of rock races that are not very well shot.

My dad remembers my unlimited time as 1:03. Not to impressive when my second run with that truck was 35 seconds!

Seems like rock racing might need three runs and an average to take some of the luck out of the equation and get a true idea of what you and that truck can do. This would also encourage the "time to beat" excitement that happened spontaniously last time. What do you think?
grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 07:58 AM   #31
The Wheels Keep Turning

Quote:
Originally Posted by grover
Seems like rock racing might need three runs and an average to take some of the luck out of the equation and get a true idea of what you and that truck can do. This would also encourage the "time to beat" excitement that happened spontaniously last time. What do you think?
I definitely like the "time to beat" idea. That made it so much more exciting and challenging. It definitely pushes us. Would like to try it again.
Old 12-06-2005, 11:30 PM   #32

I didn't get to do the time run thing but an average of three runs sounds good to me that way if you have a bad line you have a chance to better it. I know I'm new at this but I started a new project took my two boys pede's and tied the two rears together to make it 4 wheel looks pretty cool so far I'll try to bring it out the Dec. 18th for a test run. see you then.
andrewrcguy is offline   Reply With Quote