Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: Norther California Valley RC Crawlers comp #8 Folsom...Dotons point (site A)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2009, 01:56 PM   #121
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVNMF View Post
Gentlemen, what's your point?

Those drivers had the opportunity to compete in two comps in one day. A feat that is made possible by dedicated r/c crawlers, such as yourselves. Some of those drivers are competing in both O.A. points’ races. I call that "Doin' Work".

There have been several weekends since October that drivers have comped on both days at different events. I don't know of too many other areas in the country that have this r/c crawlin' blessing.

As a matter of fact, I know some of you dedicated drivers comped Sunday at the NorCal comp. I personally like having soooo many comps to attend! I could think of a lot worse, there's a great driver I know that lives in an area where they can't have winter comps, that would suck!

i have no problem with it i was at the comp till dark having a blast.
jammin311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2009, 02:17 PM   #122
Rock Crawler

I'am just used to comps starting after tech and drivers meeting. Had i known that was a arranged thing and it was posted i may have gone to nevada before hand also. Just trying to understand (so many clubs and different rules by each club)

great comp andy and ncvrcc! See u all at the next one.
PEE WEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 02:20 PM   #123
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrofts View Post
I think the problem that some people have is that If a comp starts at 8 or 10 then thats when you need to be there. Its not fair to the other people that show up on time for the comp. I for one think if your not on time for tech then to bad thanks for coming have a safe drive home. But thats also cuz of my 1to1 crawling if your late dont pull it off the trailer my $.02. Also if people knew this before they might have gone to the comp in Nevada and driven down when it was over or other way around. I dont speak up much but this for one bothers me. If a comp starts at 9 be there at 9 or dont show up. Clubs need to start speeking up. If you have a problem with this you know how to get a hold of me.

X2 on that,if your not there for tech you shouldn't be able to drive.
scram8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 03:45 PM   #124
I wanna be Dave

Like I said, great problem to have.

I already see a trend forming on the West Coast with driver limits and with soooo many comps to chose from, overlapping comps are going to become more common on the local Nor-Cal agenda.

Ya'll even have overlapping weekly comps, with 5 days in a work week, you would think that comp hosts would pick a day that was not being used.

Drivers might begin seeing start times and course closure times.
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 04:51 PM   #125
RCC Addict

Sorry for not letting everyone know ahead of time about the drivers coming in late from the Nevada comp, we will be sure to address this in the drivers meeting so every one is on the up and up if this is the case at any of our future comps

Last edited by abadk9420; 12-08-2009 at 02:30 AM.
abadk9420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 05:00 PM   #126
Quarry Creeper

I know I am not in your points chase, so I did not know it would be a big deal! I was just having fun doing more than one comp. in a day and in two differant states.
BIGJOEDUCKSLAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 07:27 PM   #127
I wanna be Dave

Maybe they should make it like a golf tournament...

give bcrofts a late tee time like maybe a 1:15pm start...

you could start at say 9:00, maybe the next driver 9:15 and so on.. for the drivers that have nothing else to do you start them early...
ones that are busy you give them a late start
roksloski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:38 AM   #128
ghetto fabulous newbie

Thanks for putting on the comp. I had a great time.

Next time in the driver meeting can you tell us that the tie breaker will be TIME. If I know that I wouldn't of wasted a bunch of time trying to do the bonus on course 1 that no one completed(at least before I ran).
yotachump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 03:54 PM   #129
Quarry Creeper

The scores have been corrected......found an error on someones card.

2009 Nor-Cal Valley RCC results comp #8 Folsom CA
-w-designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 06:35 PM   #130
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAWLER DESIGN WORKS View Post
Thanks for putting on the comp. I had a great time.

Next time in the driver meeting can you tell us that the tie breaker will be TIME. If I know that I wouldn't of wasted a bunch of time trying to do the bonus on course 1 that no one completed(at least before I ran).
I don't think it was done on time, i believe he told us his daughter pulled a number out of a hat for the tie breaker course. (i could be wrong).
Old 12-08-2009, 06:54 PM   #131
Quarry Creeper

From what I've seen in the past comps were always done with time as the tie breaker. We only use courses as secondary tiebreakers if they are needed.

Quote:
I will make sure to add that to our drivers meetings to make sure there is no more confusion. Thanks for coming out.....
Old 12-08-2009, 07:54 PM   #132
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by -w-designs View Post
From what I've seen in the past comps were always done with time as the tie breaker. We only use courses as secondary tiebreakers if they are needed.

I will make sure to add that to our drivers meetings to make sure there is no more confusion. Thanks for coming out.....
thanks andy for putting on comp

here is the 2009 usrcca rules on tie breakers if you want to use.

3.13 - Tie Scores:
3.13.1 – Nationals Style: In the event of a tie score the competitor with the lowest score on the final
course run is considered the winner. If both competitors are also ties of the final course then the second
to the last course run will be used, and so on.

3.13.2 – Optional: In the event of a tie score the competitor with the lowest time on all courses will be

chosen the winner over the other competitor(s) with the same score.

imo...doing tie breakers by time penalizes the drivers who trys " a bonus line" "alternate gate" and going for the harder lines and gates,(which takes more time) than a driver playing it safe that skips the bonus lines and drives the "regular course "..just my 2 cents

Last edited by ROCKCAD; 12-08-2009 at 08:54 PM.
ROCKCAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:01 PM   #133
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKCAD View Post
imo...doing tie breakers by time penalizes the drivers who trys " a bonus line" "alternate gate" and going for the harder lines and gates,(which takes more time) than a driver playing it safe that skips the bonus lines and drives the "regular course "..just my 2 cents

X2
hellbentrodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:11 PM   #134
Quarry Creeper

I see your point on the time thing......although that is all part of the strategy of the competition. You have to decide if you want the points or the time.....it's up to the driver to decide if trying to get the extra points is worth wasting the time or not..........just my side of it.

I guess our club will have to make a decision as to which way we want to break the ties

Thanks for the info

See you guys next time.......
Old 12-08-2009, 10:10 PM   #135
I wanna be Dave

Great Job, Andy. Your on the right track and it shows with every comp you put on.

Keep up the good work, you have a great group of drivers in your club and ya'll will continue to grow.

See ya at Bald Rock. I have a score to settle with that place!!!
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:33 PM   #136
Rock Crawler

Keep up the good work Andy. Every comp out there it seems so many different new things come up and can only be addressed after the fact. U and your club doing a good job! See u all again soon.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:44 PM   #137
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVNMF View Post
Great Job, Andy. Your on the right track and it shows with every comp you put on.

Keep up the good work, you have a great group of drivers in your club and ya'll will continue to grow.

See ya at Bald Rock. I have a score to settle with that place!!!

HaHa ya you do. I cant wait for that comp!
h8z2luze is offline   Reply With Quote