Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: Nor-Cal Competition Series - Event #5

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2006, 11:24 PM   #81
RCC Addict

Welp, I had a blast too, first comp, and the first time the rig had been on anything other than the rocks in the parking lot!! lol Learned a bunch, especially on suspension setup....I doubt I woulda rolled HALF as much if I had done it properly the first time!!

Any ways, thanks for the fun and the Spicy Dogs!! Btw, nope, no burn the second time around!!! sweet...

Btw, badger, for a little friggin rig, you're setup works well!!

Only downside...the hours it took "de-salting" the rig today.....eww....dirty..

ciao
PaloAltoK5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2006, 11:54 PM   #82
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unimoger
How is it that the MTRCRC had more guys than Nor-Cal?
You wish you had all those "MTRCRC" guys at the comp you just had local to you.

It was a surprisingly small turn out. It was actually nice because we only needed one judge and it was more slow and mello. That allowed me to heckle each of the drivers as they competed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinu_by_rc
hay badger can u email me this pic in its fullsize so i can make it mybackground marcrazyglobal.net
Go into the gallery and click on the thumbnail (small picture) to see the normal sized pic, then click on the normal sized pic (800x600) to see the fullsize (huge) pic.

Last edited by badger; 06-25-2006 at 11:57 PM.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 10:17 AM   #83
Rock Crawler

Well I am glad I made it, Sorry that others culd not. It was a blast I am going to have to get more power cells.
RandyatBBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 11:48 AM   #84
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyatBBY
Well I am glad I made it, Sorry that others culd not. It was a blast I am going to have to get more power cells.
You should be ecstatic for making it to the event!! You took first in the 2.2 advanced in that very sexy machine of yours. Great job!

I will have all the scores posted up tonight.

I had a good time. You can't go wrong with 2 days of the Bean. I thought the courses were really tough, but really fun and as proven, every set of cones were doable with the right line. It's doing them all right at the same time under pressure that proved to be so hard. I hope that despite all the high scores, everyone had a great time on the courses. They were very hard, but damn fun. One great part was while my wife was melting at home in the Bay Area, I was out chillin with a sweatshirt at the ocean, deep throating some spicy weiners, increasing my obesity with coke and pringles, all while enjoying the sarcastic humor and ridicule while on course with everyone. It was some great wheeling.

-Sam
SlinkySam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 03:33 PM   #85
Quarry Creeper

great pictures, looks like a great place to crawl.
I'm just wondering, what is 2.2 advanced? Is it different than the official 2.2 rules?
blue-beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 03:46 PM   #86
RCC Addict

2.2 Unlimited Class

• No limits on wheelbase, vehicle track width or height.
• Limited to 2.2 inch wheels and tires. (ANY 2.2" tire is ok)
• Limited to 4-wheeled vehicles only.
• No limits to steering configuration.
• You must run a body (full tube chassis is acceptable).
• The body must be 1/10th scale or larger.
• The body can be cut/modified but must retain 70% of it's original form, but the width of the cab must be the factory width.
• Body should resemble it's original form (jeep bodies look like jeeps).

2.2 Scale Truck Class

• Vehicle wheelbase is a maximum 12.5 inches.
• Vehicle track width is a maximum 11 inches.
• Limited to 2.2 inch wheels or smaller, no tires larger than the Mashers/Moabs allowed.
• Vehicle must run a full body, or a most of a body and tubing. Fenders may be cut, but it must resemble a 1:1 rig you'd see on the street. "Iffy" Vehicles must be approved by the other Nor-Calrcrc members.
• The body must be 1/10th scale or larger.
• The body can be cut/modified but must retain 70% of it's original form, but the width of the cab must be the factory width.
• Body should resemble it's original form (jeep bodies look like jeeps).
• 2 wheel steering only
Old 06-26-2006, 04:33 PM   #87
Quarry Creeper

ok thanks for the clarifacation. So this seems to be a good bit different than the normal 2.2 rules.
So are there alot of people that run the 2.2 unlimited/advanced class in norcal? It kinda looks like more scale 2.2ers to me.
blue-beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 04:39 PM   #88
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlinkySam
all while enjoying the sarcastic humor and ridicule while on course with everyone.
Which prick would ridicule others while competing?
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 04:58 PM   #89
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger
**cough** **cough**"badger**cough** **cough**
Old 06-26-2006, 07:02 PM   #90
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger
Yeah the same prick who cooked lunch. If he didn't do such a good job smokin the weiners, I'd have to kick him in the nads.

Actually, don't feel so special Badger for being a prick. On day 2, everyone was heckling as well. You have some good competition

Speaking of day 2, watch out for Bernie. He is in the 2.2 game now and his new light weight turbo machine is going to be a contendor with some tweaks. The only thing holding it back that day was the battery was mounted high, no weight in the tires, and worst of all, the drive shaft wouldn't stay on. All 3 things are quickly repairable. It is so light that he will be able to burp up and over obstacles

-Sam
Old 06-26-2006, 09:32 PM   #91
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Yeah the same prick who cooked lunch. If he didn't do such a good job smokin the weiners, I'd have to kick him in the nads.

Actually, don't feel so special Badger for being a prick. On day 2, everyone was heckling as well. You have some good competition

Speaking of day 2, watch out for Bernie. He is in the 2.2 game now and his new light weight turbo machine is going to be a contendor with some tweaks. The only thing holding it back that day was the battery was mounted high, no weight in the tires, and worst of all, the drive shaft wouldn't stay on. All 3 things are quickly repairable. It is so light that he will be able to burp up and over obstacles

-Sam
Sam after you left we replaced the front driveline and crawled the rest of the day. The rest of the fixes are in the works. It was a great day. Thanks again Sam for showing up on Sunday to judge us guys.
blue devil toyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 10:33 PM   #92
Pebble Pounder

what was the results of the comp i took last place with the DNF in the last course for kickin my truck and breakin it before i was done damn it that sucks. RANDY you got some parts for me
kickback_crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 11:39 PM   #93
RCC Addict

Well here you fellas go. Here are the latest and greatest numbers for the season standings. Although we didn't have too many point to change, there were some position changes in the season tally.

Oh, I also want to thank Badger for the electrical tape that helped me secure my motor power wire back on after it broke off before the event started. Without it, I might have had to use sea urchin goop or seaweed extracts to hold the wire in place. I can't believe the tape held up for two days of wheeling. Dean thinks it will be there for the final event. I said it will at least be a fresh piece of tape. He doesn't think so....

-Sam

Last edited by SlinkySam; 06-27-2006 at 12:01 AM.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:53 PM   #94
RCC Addict

Quote:

Oh, I also want to thank Badger for the electrical tape that helped me secure my motor power wire back on after it broke off before the event started. Without it, I might have had to use sea urchin goop or seaweed extracts to hold the wire in place. I can't believe the tape held up for two days of wheeling. Dean thinks it will be there for the final event. I said it will at least be a fresh piece of tape. He doesn't think so....

-Sam
Umm...Sam....I had a porta-sol, solder, wire, elec. tape and shrink insulation AT the comp...shoulda asked or could fixed proper like lickity split!!
Old 06-27-2006, 03:54 PM   #95
RCC Addict

Quote:
Well here you fellas go. Here are the latest and greatest numbers for the season standings. Although we didn't have too many point to change, there were some position changes in the season tally.

-Sam
**cough cough** I got a 95 not 90......
Old 06-28-2006, 01:48 AM   #96
Im Brandon

LOL Sam, I cant believe that the tape help either, I was concerned at first! Just goes to show that the application is key to last longer.

BTW I had a great time at the Bean, and so did Levi! Thanks for letting him run, he wouldnt shut up about it afterwards. Good courses to break in all the newbies!
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 10:38 PM   #97
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nluvwithxlr8ing
BTW I had a great time at the Bean, and so did Levi! Thanks for letting him run, he wouldnt shut up about it afterwards. Good courses to break in all the newbies!
some of the hardest fawking coursers to learn on omfg i hope i can have the perfect scale truck for the next one
i have done a lot of work to to it and im adding wheelwheights soon
smokinubyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 07:48 AM   #98
Im Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinu_by_rc
some of the hardest fawking coursers to learn on omfg i hope i can have the perfect scale truck for the next one
i have done a lot of work to to it and im adding wheelwheights soon
Im sure you learned a lot from that event. Probably a great experiance for you.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 06:36 PM   #99
RCC Addict

I learned a lot too!! Like too much suspension travel is BAD!! lol

Marcus, I think the only real thing for you master is throttle control, sometimes too much wheel speed will kill your run. But you did entertain us!!

Sam...um...psst......scores update??
Old 07-05-2006, 09:21 PM   #100
RCC Addict

FYI - scores are fixed.

The courses were tough and fun. I can't wait till the finals now. Wait till you see what we come up with then..... muwhahahahahaha.....

-Sam