Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: AXIALFEST - JUNE 22-24th, 2012 - Cisco Grove, California

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2012, 09:36 PM   #541
Rock Crawler

Default Re: AXIALFEST - JUNE 22-24th, 2012 - Cisco Grove, California

just wanted to say thx to everyone who makes this happen.from the proud owners of our sick OLIVER KNIVES &1st ever UTAC winners TEAM MRB SAYS THANKS AGAIN.cant wait till the next 1.
cushdog58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2012, 10:37 AM   #542
I wanna be Dave

Axialfest Recap Chapter 1

Words elude me. Time stands still. Is there an Atlantis? Does the Bermuda Triangle transcend time continuums? Would candy sprinkles on chocolate ice cream make a good driving challenge? Was Axialfest real or a dream? These are thoughts that race through my head as my body shuts down. Impossible! My body must withstand my passion for r/c fun, but everything has a limit; right? My mind is a molten pool of adrenaline & my body has switched to “auto” mode. What makes me insane is that I’m ready to do it all over again.

Axailfest 2012 will forever be the prominent event of its kind. Unequaled in all aspects and support from sponsors who embraced the future of driver fun. Incomparable in drive time, available classes, & the number of events in 3 days of r/c crawling, racing, & scale adventure; Axialfest 2012, will sit on a level of achievement, alone, because it’s lonely at the top.

What stood out to me the most, were the Drivers. Hardcore, elite, OG, first timers, & r/c lifers of 25 plus years was in attendance. The sense of r/c crawling history was thick in the air & everywhere you looked; OG’s like Bender, DISTURBIN’ tha PEACE, Chino63, rbgerrish, Brandon, NAZ-T, Toyofast, Tkowatch, halfcab, & frdtrkguy. I lost track of the who’s who of old school r/c crawling as they walked amongst us mere mortals with poise and always quick to share their knowledge with the next generation of drivers. Young and old alike, new or seasoned to r/c rock crawling, drivers are drivers and Axialfest had something for every one of them; including the family and fans of those drivers.

Axialfest kicked off with round one of the Rock Riot. The RECON Rock Riot is a new comp format that offers drivers more classes to compete in, more drive time, less line time, & the cool factor of running lines multiple times all while making rig changes between laps. The Rock Riot is beginner friendly, pro savvy, and all this is accomplished in a half a day. It is way too much fun with no judges needed, and will have you looking at your comp crawler in a whole new light.

The night round of the Rock Riot featured some of my favorite night obstacles; Toxic Waste Creek, the foam pit, & PL Engineering’s new lipo powered led rasta bridge. The energy under the Interstate 80 bridge was at an all time high as drivers waited for the course to open. When the course finally did, drivers wasted no time in shaving the rocks with some precision lines through some of the most polished river rock and insane night obstacles ever set.

Here are the overall scores for the 2012 Axialfest Rock Riot West Coast Championships. Congratulations to all the Rock Rioters who put rubber to rock and drove in a crawling revolution.

Axialfest Rock Riot Scores link;
http://reconcrawlers.com/forum/showthread.php?161-Axialfest-2012&p=1941&viewfull=1#post1941

Axialfest set the stage for a multitude of r/c events in 3 days that blurred the lines of any normal r/c crawling event. Every event, whether it was the Rock Riot or the RECON G6 or the G6 U.T.A.C. and even the World’s best Terra-X race, focused on fun and drive time. The idea of standing in line watching others drive until you finally get your 5 minute turn, is a thing of the past for me. Each event featured at Axialfest offered unsurpassed drive time with your favorite Axial based r/c car. Driving with your r/c bff or your spouse or even your kids; everyone was doing exactly what they bought or built their Axial r/c cars for; “DRIVING”. And drive they did, in the Axialfest 1000+/- RECON G6 Challenge.

To be continued…

Last edited by DRIVNMF; 07-01-2012 at 10:39 AM.
DRIVNMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 01:41 PM   #543
I wanna be Dave

Chapter 2

The Axialfest 1000+/- RECON G6 Challenge pushed scale adventure driving into a whole new arena. That is not a typo, 1000 trail markers, give or take, tested drivers, their G-Rides, and how well both of them stayed together traversing a variety of High Sierra Nevada terrain. I am proud of all who accepted the challenge of this scale adventure; especially those drivers who had never G6’d before. What your about to read, my be addicting and result in the reader having to get their scaler fix, in a RECON G6.

Stage one of the Axialfest 1000+/- had 500 trail markers (TM), itself. Not to mention a multitude of driving challenges & driver challenges during the 500 TM expedition into the unknown. Drivers crossed a variety of terrain which included driving through the hotel, across tarmac, log infested woods, sugar sand, and clear dirt. Clear dirt, you ask? Yes, a lot of clear dirt or what most call water, was abundant on every stage of the AF 1000+/- G6 Challenge.

G6’ers know that I keep water and mud to a scale depth. I have a huge respect for the scale scene and have had that respect since 2007, when I saw my first scalers in Moab, UT. Their passion for realistic driving, no hand of god if they get stuck or roll over and detail to realism impressed me, even though I found it a bit ghey then, I still had mad respect for it. I’m honored to carry on that tradition and therefore, water crossings and mud are kept scale and the number one rule in a G6 is no “Hand of God”.

What would a G6 Challenge be without driving challenges? I don’t know, because every one has always had driving challenges. One of those driving challenges featured a new pull sled, compliments of Tatum Bautista and family. A member of the Hawaii RC Crawling Family, Tatum’s hard work paid off as soon as the first driver hooked up to the sled known as the “Bautista Terror”. I love watching this sled in action. A terror for some and a treat for others, on behalf of every G6’er, thank you Tatum!

Another highly entertaining driving challenge was the Fast Eddy Bearings, “Drive Your Kite” challenge. This challenge had drivers hooking up a kite to their G-Rides and having to keep the kite airborne for the preset distance. This challenge took precise throttle control and a barometric pressure gauge would have helped, just saying.

The Ultra Drivers had a mandatory winch challenge compliments of Pull Pal. Pull Pal is on board the G-Train and with the help of a RW6000 Pull Pal, every Ultra Driver was able to winch themselves out of trouble.

One unique aspect of a RECON G6 Challenge is driver challenges. This is a Challenge that a driver performs after they park their G-Ride. Over the 3 stages of the AF 1000+/-, drivers shot a compound bow, blew up balloons, danced, and hunted for D.B. Coopers lost cash. I hope drivers had as much fun performing these challenges as we did watching them!

Stage 2 was enhanced by Mother Nature by moisture. The rain kept down the dust, but we could have done with out the temperature drop, it got chilly, but G6’ers are no stranger to the pain. Rain gear came out and the land rush start through part of the Terra-X track was epic. A shorter stage by trail marker count, but just as long as the previous days 500 TM stage, G6’ers were treated to new terrain, a “float your boat” challenge, and not one, but two huge culvert pipe tunnels that had more than one G6’er following their G-Ride through it.

Stage 3 was a night stage dubbed “Boogie Nights”. Some drivers dressed in disco attire, but all had to have a scale disco item on their G-Rides. Drivers started 5 abreast and entered the night stage with led’s shining the way after the did my version of the Soul Train dance line. You had to dance to start and they had to dance to finish, after all, with a stage name like “Boogie Nights”, did you expect no dancing?

The Axialfest 1000+/- G6 Challenge has proved to many why the Axial SCX10 lineup of scale r/c trucks is the Official Truck of the RECON G6 Challenge and that the scale adventure known as the RECON G6 Challenge is in a league all of its own.

Results for all the classes begin here;
http://reconcrawlers.com/forum/showt...ull=1#post1935

Congrats to the drivers who made the debut of the Ultra Wraith Class a huge success and proving that the Axial Wraith is a true “get it all done” r/c bad boy of a rig.

Special Note:

One of the coolest aspects of a RECON G6 Challenge is that there is a Team Class. This class is for two drivers sharing one scaler or G-Ride and each driver is responsible for half of the driving duties. The Team Class is a great way for new drivers to be introduced into the sport/hobby or for husbands and wifes to enjoy each others company or for rc crawling bff's to "do work" and fun.

The Dominating force in the Team Class at Axialfest 2012 was D-Man and Burbo. Yes, The National Champion and Devon Zanter combined their driving talents to complete their first stage ever in a G6 Challenge, Stage 1. From there, they found their groove and stayed in a zone to earn Team Drivers of the Day. Congrats to D-Man for building one hell of a Wraith. Congrats guys!

To be continued…

Last edited by DRIVNMF; 07-02-2012 at 07:41 AM.
Old 07-01-2012, 03:31 PM   #544
Relaxed !

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVNMF View Post
Axialfest Recap Chapter 1

Words elude me. Time stands still. Is there an Atlantis? Does the Bermuda Triangle transcend time continuums? Would candy sprinkles on chocolate ice cream make a good driving challenge? Was Axialfest real or a dream? These are thoughts that race through my head as my body shuts down. Impossible! My body must withstand my passion for r/c fun, but everything has a limit; right? My mind is a molten pool of adrenaline & my body has switched to “auto” mode. What makes me insane is that I’m ready to do it all over again.

Axailfest 2012 will forever be the prominent event of its kind. Unequaled in all aspects and support from sponsors who embraced the future of driver fun. Incomparable in drive time, available classes, & the number of events in 3 days of r/c crawling, racing, & scale adventure; Axialfest 2012, will sit on a level of achievement, alone, because it’s lonely at the top.

What stood out to me the most, were the Drivers. Hardcore, elite, OG, first timers, & r/c lifers of 25 plus years was in attendance. The sense of r/c crawling history was thick in the air & everywhere you looked; OG’s like Bender, DISTURBIN’ tha PEACE, Chino63, rbgerrish, Brandon, NAZ-T, Toyofast, Tkowatch, halfcab, & frdtrkguy. I lost track of the who’s who of old school r/c crawling as they walked amongst us mere mortals with poise and always quick to share their knowledge with the next generation of drivers. Young and old alike, new or seasoned to r/c rock crawling, drivers are drivers and Axialfest had something for every one of them; including the family and fans of those drivers.

Axialfest kicked off with round one of the Rock Riot. The RECON Rock Riot is a new comp format that offers drivers more classes to compete in, more drive time, less line time, & the cool factor of running lines multiple times all while making rig changes between laps. The Rock Riot is beginner friendly, pro savvy, and all this is accomplished in a half a day. It is way too much fun with no judges needed, and will have you looking at your comp crawler in a whole new light.

The night round of the Rock Riot featured some of my favorite night obstacles; Toxic Waste Creek, the foam pit, & PL Engineering’s new lipo powered led rasta bridge. The energy under the Interstate 80 bridge was at an all time high as drivers waited for the course to open. When the course finally did, drivers wasted no time in shaving the rocks with some precision lines through some of the most polished river rock and insane night obstacles ever set.

Here are the overall scores for the 2012 Axialfest Rock Riot West Coast Championships. Congratulations to all the Rock Rioters who put rubber to rock and drove in a crawling revolution.

Axialfest Rock Riot Scores link;
http://reconcrawlers.com/forum/showthread.php?161-Axialfest-2012&p=1941&viewfull=1#post1941

Axialfest set the stage for a multitude of r/c events in 3 days that blurred the lines of any normal r/c crawling event. Every event, whether it was the Rock Riot or the RECON G6 or the G6 U.T.A.C. and even the World’s best Terra-X race, focused on fun and drive time. The idea of standing in line watching others drive until you finally get your 5 minute turn, is a thing of the past for me. Each event featured at Axialfest offered unsurpassed drive time with your favorite Axial based r/c car. Driving with your r/c bff or your spouse or even your kids; everyone was doing exactly what they bought or built their Axial r/c cars for; “DRIVING”. And drive they did, in the Axialfest 1000+/- RECON G6 Challenge.

To be continued…
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVNMF View Post
Chapter 2

The Axialfest 1000+/- RECON G6 Challenge pushed scale adventure driving into a whole new arena. That is not a typo, 1000 trail markers, give or take, tested drivers, their G-Rides, and how well both of them stayed together traversing a variety of High Sierra Nevada terrain. I am proud of all who accepted the challenge of this scale adventure; especially those drivers who had never G6’d before. What your about to read, my be addicting and result in the reader having to get their scaler fix, in a RECON G6.

Stage one of the Axialfest 1000+/- had 500 trail markers (TM), itself. Not to mention a multitude of driving challenges & driver challenges during the 500 TM expedition into the unknown. Drivers crossed a variety of terrain which included driving through the hotel, across tarmac, log infested woods, sugar sand, and clear dirt. Clear dirt, you ask? Yes, a lot of clear dirt or what most call water, was abundant on every stage of the AF 1000+/- G6 Challenge.

G6’ers know that I keep water and mud to a scale depth. I have a huge respect for the scale scene and have had that respect since 2007, when I saw my first scalers in Moab, UT. Their passion for realistic driving, no hand of god if they get stuck or roll over and detail to realism impressed me, even though I found it a bit ghey then, I still had mad respect for it. I’m honored to carry on that tradition and therefore, water crossings and mud are kept scale and the number one rule in a G6 is no “Hand of God”.

What would a G6 Challenge be without driving challenges? I don’t know, because every one has always had driving challenges. One of those driving challenges featured a new pull sled, compliments of Tatum Bautista and family. A member of the Hawaii RC Crawling Family, Tatum’s hard work paid off as soon as the first driver hooked up to the sled known as the “Bautista Terror”. I love watching this sled in action. A terror for some and a treat for others, on behalf of every G6’er, thank you Tatum!

Another highly entertaining driving challenge was the Fast Eddy Bearings, “Drive Your Kite” challenge. This challenge had drivers hooking up a kite to their G-Rides and having to keep the kite airborne for the preset distance. This challenge took precise throttle control and a barometric pressure gauge would have helped, just saying.

The Ultra Drivers had a mandatory winch challenge compliments of Pull Pal. Pull Pal is on board the G-Train and with the help of a RW6000 Pull Pal, every Ultra Driver was able to winch themselves out of trouble.

One unique aspect of a RECON G6 Challenge is driver challenges. This is a Challenge that a driver performs after they park their G-Ride. Over the 3 stages of the AF 1000+/-, drivers shot a compound bow, blew up balloons, danced, and hunted for D.B. Coopers lost cash. I hope drivers had as much fun performing these challenges as we did watching them!

Stage 2 was enhanced by Mother Nature by moisture. The rain kept down the dust, but we could have done with out the temperature drop, it got chilly, but G6’ers are no stranger to the pain. Rain gear came out and the land rush start through part of the Terra-X track was epic. A shorter stage by trail marker count, but just as long as the previous days 500 TM stage, G6’ers were treated to new terrain, a “float your boat” challenge, and not one, but two huge culvert pipe tunnels that had more than one G6’er following their G-Ride through it.

Stage 3 was a night stage dubbed “Boogie Nights”. Some drivers dressed in disco attire, but all had to have a scale disco item on their G-Rides. Drivers started 5 abreast and entered the night stage with led’s shining the way after the did my version of the Soul Train dance line. You had to dance to start and they had to dance to finish, after all, with a stage name like “Boogie Nights”, did you expect no dancing?

The Axialfest 1000+/- G6 Challenge has proved to many why the Axial SCX10 lineup of scale r/c trucks is the Official Truck of the RECON G6 Challenge and that the scale adventure known as the RECON G6 Challenge is in a league all of its own.

Results for all the classes begin here;
http://reconcrawlers.com/forum/showt...ull=1#post1935

Congrats to the drivers who made the debut of the Ultra Wraith Class a huge success and proving that the Axial Wraith is a true “get it all done” r/c bad boy of a rig.

To be continued…
This is what I miss the most !
Great job to you Parker and the whole g-crew for once again producing an all out madness infested fun time, I can only assume by the words mentioned in this thread that this was a "not to miss" good time !
Maybe some time soon I too can attend a G-6 again ( first one was rodeo park ) Folsom ca,once again congrats on yet another epic adventure !
sococrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 04:38 PM   #545
Rock Crawler

Great job of capturing the essence and feel as good as words can! People that came out will relive their favorite moments while those that didn't make it out get an idea of the fun we had!!!

I would like to thank you Parker, without your vision and persistence we wouldn't have these AWESOME EVENTS!!! People that haven't been to a G6 don't have any idea what they are missing, words don't begin to describe the adventure YOU provide. When people come to a RECON G6, they realize just how much of your heart, time and effort you put into these events! You don't ask for praise, atta boys, PayPal funds or sponsor swag, the only thing you ask for is a driver to have FUN!!! People imitate you, use your name and sayings, use your ideas and try to make their events better but let me tell you brother, NOBODY can do what you do, and for that I say... THANK YOU!!!

A huge thanks to Mrs. Parker, Rose and Rachel took time out of their day to drive up not once but TWICE and cooked the best Tacos this side of Tijuana!!!

Thanks to Axial Racings own Brad and Brandon, thank you for the parts to keep Cole's Axial Trophy Truck rockin! I will give you a call soon Brad!

I don't know where to start thanking everybody that came to Axialfest. Sheldon, is March here yet? I went through my Hawaiian shirts today and started packing!!! I'm looking forward to spending time with your family and friends, if they are HALF as cool as you, I might not come back to the mainland!!!

My boys from the PNW, Tazz and his awesome son Denzel! One year is entirely too long between times we get to hang out, keep working on the things we talked about so we can do it again soon!

T-Money and Scooter, I'm glad you guys made it! It's cool seeing you as a driver Mike, enjoying your time and not running the show.

The ZNO RC crew from Idaho!!! You guys and gals came in full force! I had a BLAST watching Amanda and Rosa driving together!!!

The Locals, Skeeno, Mike Morris, Jeremy and Zack Clark, Justin, Dewayne, Chris Meeks and sons(love the pic of your boy and his Axial Dingo), John Dahoney and sons(Tristan can hang at G-Central ANYTIME!), Cushdog, Madtrouter, Thom K and our Terra-X director, Jayson Perrine! Love you guys!!!

Last but definitely not least, the CALI-CREW! From north to south you all kicked azzzzz. Jerry, Rick, Clint &Angela, Miss Marley, Max and Super Dev,Rich & Diana(I love your fro), Mike Pham, Elio, Big Joe, John, Brandon, Miner Mike, Chris Goris(your the epitome of the G6 lifestyle), Richard Hernandez(love ya man), the Dooley duo, Dan W, ALL the Backyard Boys and everyone I didn't mention... THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for the love and support you show us, it keeps us doing what we do!!!

I can't forget my son Cole, he works as hard as ANYBODY out there and doesn't ask for anything, he doesn't complain when Parker uses him from dawn to dusk and he does it all with a smile on his face so YOU the driver can experience this thing we call the G6!!! I love you Cole.

To all the haters and wannabes, you know who you are !!! Keep trying!!!

Brad

Last edited by chasinbaja; 07-01-2012 at 06:08 PM.
chasinbaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 05:29 PM   #546
RCC Addict

too all that have not been to a g6 boy have you missed out on the most fun you can have with your pants on.parker,Brad,cole,john,stu and everybody thats helps out big thanks for all you guys and gals do. with all that dont know parker he does it out of love for what we call g6n oh and all the smiles.Much love you all rock Now lets go g6n and you better know it!!!!!!!

p.s just had to do a full rebuild on the wraith thanks parker
VP Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 05:49 PM   #547
I wanna be Dave

Chapter 3

Does the wicked rest? No. Momentary pauses at a resting heart rate is the most that I hope for, besides, who could rest with the Worlds Best Terra-X race taking place on the baseball field of the Cisco Grove Campgrounds. Racing at an r/c crawling event? Never, but at Axialfest, hell yes! When Axial entered the go fast culture with the EXO-Terra Buggy, racing this terrain dominating beast had to be next and what better place to race the new Axial EXO-Terra Buggy RTR than at Axialfest.

Axial Racing has made a habit of revealing its latest and greatest products at RECON G6 Challenges and at Axialfest, what a debut the EXO-Terra Buggy RTR made. Right out of the box, this green speed demon handled throttle happy Steve Brown, from Vanquish Products, high speed abuse, but throughout the entire Terra-X track, laughed at the less than normal on track sections.

The World’s Best Terra-X track featured a land rush start for all classes and used transponders supplied by Fernley RC & Raceway and it’s owner, Jason Perrine, was the Terra-X race director. He kept drivers up to date with their times, who was setting fast laps in each class, and help me stay focused on the mic. There was a Toyota hood to hood gap jump, the infamous Clickity-Clack Corner, and a snowboard kicker. The EXO class saw an additional high speed desert section and the Half-Cab Catapult Jump over the Wraith and SCX10 mud pit. It’s safe to say that the sand log section and short-cut of chaos was fan favorites and a race could be won or lost in either.

The SCX10 class was short on trucks, but not on talent or excitement. The Class 8 builds are the rage and with Cole Bailey and Elio Dionde at the forefront of the movement; I had high expectations with both drivers battling it out lap after lap in the main event. What I did not expect was a sixth grade teacher piloting a stock SCX10 Honcho taking the win. Matt Soileau, a media machine who has been covering my insanity from the beginning, earned the title of Axialfest Terra-X SCX10 Champion and the Best in the World! Matt and Elio battled lap after lap after Team Twirk’s young gun, Cole Bailey ended up as a spectator around lap 4. The excitement that followed will live in Terra-X racing folklore. Congrats Matt and by the looks of your stock SCX10 Honcho, victory is sweet and dirty.

The Wraith Class of the Worlds Best Terra-X race had everyone on their feet. Vanquish Products and Tekin helped keep Dan Wilson and “The Wraith” on track, but eventually even the calmest of drivers succumb to the insanity and Dan fell to the back of the pack and almost pulled a back flip off the snowboard kicker. Ryan Gerrish, Team Axial Driver, controlled his Axial Wraith and with all skills to pay every bill, Ryan was crowned the Worlds Best Terra-X Wraith Champion. Congrats Ryan!

If you’re into go fast r/c and enjoy driving ever changing track conditions, then the EXO-Terra Buggy class of the Worlds Best Terra-X race was for you. Team Twirk had our version of the flyin’Hawaiian in team driver, DISTURBIN’ tha PEACE. He was fast, even though Team Twirk’s mechanic was less than stellar with Buck’s prep. DTP was holding down a solid third in the main event until he jumped out of a right rear tire over the Half-Cab Catapult Jump. Ty Campbell of Tekin is one of the smoothest drivers I’ve ever seen. I think he is half machine and half butter, because his driving so precisely smooth the Swiss tried to stuff him into a pocket watch. Watching EXO’s catch mad air over the huge Half-Cab Catapult was insane and really brought some spectators into the lap of action. The EXO Terra-X racers challenged each other lap after lap; as race lines changed more than Steve Brown does costumes during a musical. The excitement was intense, my voice; lost, and the EXO-Terra Buggy class Champion of the Worlds Best Terra-X race in Tekin Team Driver, Ty Campbell. Congrats Ty for a dominating performance and earning a well deserved win.

The Worlds Best Terra-X race made its debut at the 2012 Axialfest and became an instant fan favorite. The “Terra-Crowd” kept the racers amped up and battling lap after lap. My hat is off to the fans of all the racers, ya’ll are the unsung hero’s of motor sports.

The heart and soul of the Worlds best Terra-X race came from a group of men known as the Back Yard Boys. BYBRCC is a club that knows how to put fun in everything they do. Their dedication to r/c crawling and providing a fun, family friendly environment is why they are the only Satellite Club of RECON. The Back Yard Boys corner marshaled the entire race which allowed drivers to compete in multiple classes. They also were stellar marshals of the Rock Riot. Thank you, BYBRCC, you guys truly rock!

To be continued…
Old 07-01-2012, 05:51 PM   #548
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasinbaja View Post
Great job of capturing the essence and feel as good as words can! People that came out will relive their favorite moments while those that didn't make it out get an idea of the fun we had!!!

I would like to thank you Parker, without your vision and persistence we wouldn't have these AWESOME EVENTS!!! People that haven't been to a G6 don't have any idea what they are missing, words don't begin to describe the adventure YOU provide. When people come to a RECON G6, they realize just how much of your heart, time and effort you put into these events! You don't ask for praise, atta boys, PayPal funds or sponsor swag, the only thing you ask for is a driver to have FUN!!! People imitate you, use your name and sayings, use your ideas and try to make their events better but let me tell you brother, NOBODY can do what you do, and for that I say... THANK YOU!!!

A huge thanks to Mrs. Parker, Rose and Rachel took time out of their day to drive up not once but TWICE and cooked the best Tacos this side of Tijuana!!!

Thanks to Axial Racings own Brad and Brandon, thank you for the parts to keep Cole's Axial Trophy Truck rockin! I will give you a call soon Brad!

I don't know where to start thanking everybody that came to Axialfest. Sheldon, is March here yet? I went through my Hawaiian shirts today and started packing!!! I'm looking forward to spending time with your family and friends, if they are HALF as cool as you, I might not come back to the mainland!!!

My boys from the PNW, Tazz and his awesome son Denzel! One year is entirely too long between times we get to hang out, keep working on the things we talked about so we can do it again soon!

T-Money and Scooter, I'm glad you guys made it! It's cool seeing you as a driver Mike, enjoying your time and not running the show.

The ZNO RC crew from Idaho!!! You guys and gals came in full force! I had a BLAST watching Amanda and Rosa driving together!!!

The Locals, Skeeno, Mike Morris, Jeremy and Zack Clark, Justin, Chris Meeks and sons(love the pic of your boy and his Axial Dingo), John Dahoney and sons(Tristan can hang at G-Central ANYTIME!), Cushdog, Madtrouter, Thom K and our Terra-X director, Jayson Perrine! Love you guys!!!

Last but definitely not least, the CALI-CREW! From north to south you all kicked azzzzz. Jerry, Rick, Clint &Angela, Miss Marley, Max and Super Dev,Rich & Diana(I love your fro), Elio, Big Joe, John, Brandon, Miner Mike, Richard Hernandez(love ya man), the Dooley duo, Dan W, ALL the Backyard Boys and everyone I didn't mention... THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for the love and support you show us, it keeps us doing what we do!!!

I can't forget my son Cole, he works as hard as ANYBODY out there and doesn't ask for anything, he doesn't complain when Parker uses him from dawn to dusk and he does it all with a smile on his face so YOU the driver can experience this thing we call the G6!!! I love you Cole.

Brad
Well Said Brad, and I totally agree, but do not cut yourself short as you too put in the hours, put up with Parker, and put the G6 first.
I missed this year but I guarantee that I will be there next year!
TREE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 05:56 PM   #549
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan w View Post
p.s just had to do a full rebuild on the wraith thanks parker
Your not the only one
frdtrkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:47 PM   #550
I wanna be Dave

Chapter 4

Axialfest was full of debuts. The first Rock Riot West Coast Championships, the first and Worlds best, Terra-X race, the first time an Axial EXO-Terra Buggy RTR seen competition, and the first ever RECON G6 U.T.A.C. (Ultimate Team Adventure Challenge).

The G6 UTAC is a team event where teams use a gps to navigate to preset locations or “G-Spots”. A team consists of three members who each drive their own scale vehicle. The driver is the team captain. The Navigator gets the team to the G-Spots. The Support driver carries required items to solve puzzles or retrieve directions. The Support driver transports these items by pulling a trailer or driving a 6x6. The G6 UTAC is the premiere r/c team challenge and requires complete team work to finish.

Seven teams accepted the challenge and drove into the unknown. Team MRB made short work of their first G-Spot by each team member plugging holes and filling a tube with water, allowing the preform to rise to the top. The directions gave the a cooridinate and after using a magnifying glass to see the red letters, Team MRB was off and running.

Team Axial / PLE used the “blow” method at the same location with equal results. This technique shocked our G-Spot Director, Stuart G. as well as myself; thus proving that there is more than one way to skin a cat.

Teams that worked together and knew their Garmin GPS units, found their way back to G-Central where they quickly located their last preform for directions. Keep in mind, they have traversed nearly 2 miles back and forth across the beautiful Cisco Grove Campgrounds, performed challenges that included a mini G6, a Rock Riot Course for the driver only, and each team member shot a compound bow for points. When a team arrived at G-Central, the support driver had to reverse their trailer through a course. Then the team was instructed to solve the word puzzle. The word puzzle, when solved, read “Start a Fire”. Teams then had 5 minutes to start a fire.

The G6 UTAC is not your normal team event, but it wasn’t meant to be. These true scale adventurist was pushed mentally, physically, and emotionally; what an event. Congrats to Team MRB. They earned themselves the Official G6 SK knife from Oliver Knives and Camel Bak Hydration systems.

This was a one of kind event and I can’t wait for the next one. This event is fun to watch, Fun to set up, and from the smiles on all the G6 UTAC teams faces, fun to drive.

I can’t thank everyone enough for participating, sponsoring, volunteering, and enjoying Axialfest 2012. Your support and hard work never goes unnoticed and is never unappreciated. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I love doing what I do and I do it for rc fanatics who I call family. I want to give a big shout out to ZNO RC. Amanda and the rest of the crew really made my daughter feel at home; thank you all! I have to give mad props to my wife and send her and her family my sincerest condolences for her loss of an Aunt. Her Aunt raised her for several years and passsed away the day Axialfest started. My wife knows that I come from a background that no matter what, the show must go on. Thank you, my love and I will always be there for you, even if it’s only two of three at times; spiritually, emotionally, or physically.

This has been the recap of Axialfest 2012. I hope you have enjoyed reading about it, if not, attend next year and live it.

I’m Parker, DRIVNMF and although I don’t drive at events we host, it’s in the screen name, don’t ever forget it and I will see you getting your scaler fix, in the next RECON G6.

THE END.

Last edited by DRIVNMF; 07-01-2012 at 07:55 PM.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:23 PM   #551
Rock Crawler

Kling-On RC had a kick ass time at Axialfest. This was my first big RC event and I was not disappointed. Two blown CVD pins and two transmission gears in the G6 alone. Thanks to the clear dirt and a terrible line choice my rig was able to test its waterproof ability, it passed. Thanks for the epic G6 adventure!

I gave my hand at the Wraith Terra-X and had a blast. The rig took a beating and finally said no more in the main with a failed driveshaft pin. When's the next Terra-x race?

My son putting in work on the shop end of racing! Thats how a rig looks after a Terra-X
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341198424.902866.jpg
Views: 750
Size:  105.9 KB

Last edited by Propane; 07-01-2012 at 09:48 PM.
Propane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 09:44 PM   #552
Rock Crawler

Right on George!!! I love seeing future G6'ers Doin Work!!!
Old 07-01-2012, 10:03 PM   #553
I wanna be Dave

Sounds like I need to get my ass out there next year!
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:03 PM   #554
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom K View Post
After 30 years of RC, never have I had so much fun as I had at AxialFest 2012 with the variety of events and Axial products to run them in. Absolutely off the hook non-stop action all weekend long. Thank you Axial for all of your support! You are THE best in the business. Thanks to Brad and Brandon for your support in the pits and getting the EXO back together.

To Parker, Stuart, Brad, Cole, and the G-Crew thank you all for your dedication; it is the heart and soul that you put in to each and every event that keep the young, old, beginning and experienced drivers coming and "converting" to the fun first philosophy that can only be found at a RECON event. It was my first Rock Riot and I had a blast and can't wait until the next one.
Thank you. The G-Crew and I are glad you had a great time. See ya soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbgerrish View Post
I wanted to say thanks to Parker, his crew, and all the Sponsors that made this event so memorable! Great work everyone, it is much appreciated! Toyo and I had an awesome time, and loved the amount of driving we got to do! The Exoterracross was a hoot, the 1200 gate Ultra G6 was insane, and the Rock Riot was tons of fun. The night effects made those events quite memorable. Good to see a bunch of familiar faces!

Thank you, sir and what an honor to have your presence at Axialfest 2012. Only your great eye could make the G-Crew look so damn sexy. (not pictured, Stuart G.; legendary in 3 counties & one buffet line)

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyofast View Post
I fully agree with Ryan... I had perhaps one of the best times of all my RC life at the 2012 AxialFest. Great campground, great friends, great event and just a great time.

Hats off the Parker to running a flawless event. Amazing he can do so great with near zero sleep and who knows how many energy drinks! Parkers crew was amazing too. Always smiles on their faces.

When Gerrish and I showed up on Wednesday night with no one else in the campground I was worried the event was going to be small, but by Thursday night the campground was pretty packed and people everywhere!

My first G6 event, won't be the last. Ryan and I talked many times on the way home about how to build the best G6 truck. I'm collecting parts now!

I shot only a small amount of video due to driving my ass off. I never drive at events, I forgot how much fun it is to drive, and how decent I can drive when I'm enjoying myself.

Mr. Brian Parker, I love you man. You are truly one of the best people in this hobby. For those who have yet to meet you, I'm saddened as they are missing out one one of the greatest people. You have a smile no matter what. You are always willing to talk and to give another friend a hug, high 5 or even lift them up off the ground. Just being around you makes someone excited to drive a silly toy truck for hours all the while cursing you every 100 gates!
Thank you and you have made me blush, laugh, shed a tear, and feel an overwhelming sense of pride. You are more than welcome and will always have a seat at my campfire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasinbaja View Post

The Locals, Skeeno, Mike Morris, Jeremy and Zack Clark, Justin, Dewayne, Chris Meeks and sons(love the pic of your boy and his Axial Dingo), John Dahoney and sons(Tristan can hang at G-Central ANYTIME!), Cushdog, Madtrouter, Thom K and our Terra-X director, Jayson Perrine! Love you guys!!!

Last but definitely not least, the CALI-CREW! From north to south you all kicked azzzzz. Jerry, Rick, Clint &Angela, Miss Marley, Max and Super Dev,Rich & Diana(I love your fro), Mike Pham, Elio, Big Joe, John, Brandon, Miner Mike, Chris Goris(your the epitome of the G6 lifestyle), Richard Hernandez(love ya man), the Dooley duo, Dan W, ALL the Backyard Boys and everyone I didn't mention... THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for the love and support you show us, it keeps us doing what we do!!!

Brad
Thank you, my friend, but G-Central, the G-Train, nor my nerves would be the same without you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpp Hobby View Post
Great job by Parker and Axial. Had a kick Ass weekend. Can not wait until next year. Was great meeting everyone out there. Some awesome dudes make this hobby so much fun to be a part of!
Thank you and I could not agree more. I love welcoming new G6'ers into the G-Family. It takes a special driver to G6 and we have a lot of special drivers. (hmmmm, that can read two ways)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellbug View Post
What a fun weekend! Thanks to Parker, Brad, Stewart, Cole, and everyone else on the recon team for all the hard work setting everything up. You all are great ambassadors to this hobby and we are all lucky to be able to attend these events and play with our trucks! Time to talk Diana into putting on the disco pants one more time later tonight...hahaha

Hope to see you all soon,
Rich
Our royal couple of the RECON G6. It is always a pleasure to have you both G6'n. See you soon, hugs-n-kisses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prusik333 View Post
WOW! another Great time at Cisco Grove from Axial Fest 2012
Huge thanks to Parker and all the G-crew for making this happen.
Seem like alot of G6ers were winching people out and coaching people how to get up climbs & can't forget about the Green Gremlin, I seen him helping alot of G6rs over obstacles
Meet alot of great people this weekend & hope to do it again next year

I did a little GPS ing of my own over the weekend, for fun
Round / moving time: / Total time running behind toy: / Miles:
RND #1 / 1 hr 11min / 4hr 20 min. / 2.10 mi
RND #2 / 53 min / 3 hr 15 min. / 1.77 mi
RND #3 / 48 min / 2 hr 38 min. / 1.60 mi
G6
Always a pleasure, Dewayne and it was great to see you.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:04 PM   #555
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokennib View Post
Holy crap that was a good time... I only completed about 470 gates but hell, for me that's a record! I spent a good amount of time sitting on my ass in the woods fixing this damn thing than driving it. 1000 gates in 2 days is nuts, but who knew attempting it would be so much fun?
I really regret I was too wiped out to make it back up the hill today, so I missed all of Sunday's fun. Next year campsite forsure!

Thanks goes out to Parker, Mister B-Radical (B-Rad) Cole, Stewart, and hell, pretty much everybody that made this a Class 1 weekend.

And thanks to Brandon for the parts to keep my Exo-terra "Hoopty" up and running. The Axial guys are are a class act. (but I think we all know that already.)
Okay now, where the hell are the pics?
Whoops, right above me.
No truer words spoken from an OG6'er. Thank you, Chris. See ya soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frdtrkguy View Post
Absolutely EPIC!!

Big thanks to BP and the G Crew
Yes sir and it was great to see the whole family out having a fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry2575 View Post
That was an epic event!! Cannot wait to get my fix at another g6! Keep up the great work parker and the g crew
Thank you, sir. I'm glad ya'll made the trip up from So-Cal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan w View Post
ok now that i got some sleep and let my head clear i can think again.I want to give thanks to parker and g crew,axial and ty at tekin big thanks for all your help. steve at vp you the man and all the sponsers that made this one of the best weekends ive had with a toy car running over a 1000 gates and exo cross and utac all in one weekend just about killed me but im ready to do it again. All i can say is if you need a scaler fix go see parker and crew at a recon G6
Do Work Ultra Wraith driver! Thank you, Dan. You provided some great action all weekend long, even if most of it was in the pits...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRENCHBLUE72 View Post
Thanks axial and parker it was an awesome weekend even though I was in and out all weekend long between axialfest and we rock. brett and ryan it was nice seeing ya agian....zenorc( i think)thanks for letting me pull your sled with my blue sled tekin power and a 2 speed for the win.....Who ever was standing there and asked if i was gonna pull it with that thing thanks=)...parker did anyone find the snake
Your very welcome and yes the the snake was found; twice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonkerd View Post
OK JUST GOT DONE CLEANING MY POOR 1.9 VP TROPHY TRUCK, ALL I CAN SAY AFTER 800 OR 900 GATES BEATING IT UP IN EXOTERRA RACE AND ON SUNDAY UTAC I WAS SCALE DELIRIOUS!!!!!I THINK I DROVE MORE THAN PEOPLE COMP IN 2 OR 3 YEARSJUST WANTED TO SAY THANKS TO THE G6 CREW,ALL THE GUYS AT VP AND MOST OF ALL THE THE SCALE PEEPS!!!WE ARE ONE BIG FAMILY AND ITS ALWAYS GREAT TO BE WITH ALL OF YOU!!! P.S SKEENO NEXT TIME I WILL CRUSH YOUTILL NEXT TIME.
Thank you, zonkered for defining why old guys rule. Your scale camp and non stop driving of your Team VP Class 8 Axial SCX10 was effing crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoCrawler View Post
A HUGE thanks from all of us at ZNO-RC for making us feel welcome. The drive from Idaho was well worth it. This was the best run event ever with something for everyone and more exercise then most of us have seen in 15 years. Parker and the G6 crew are absolutely amazing. .

Next year "PARKER FEST".
OH MY! PARKERFEST may require some stages with less clothing or streaking for a drivers challenge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarly View Post
Ya all those gates are kind of hard on a fat boy like myself I had a blast though and can't thank Parker, the G6 crew and all of the sponsors enough. We will see you next year for sure.
Your very welcome and that might be another G-Fact; calories burned during a G6. Hmmmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prusik333 View Post
I forgot to post a picture of the sweet trophies that were made
Attachment 201011
Thank you Battle Born Metals for producing some of the sickest, spur of the moment trophies that I've ever seen! I'm honored that your on board the G-Train!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan_driver24 View Post
WOW I still can't believe I drove 225 gates in the Rock Riot (missed the night event due to broken xr) 3 different classes in the exo cross races, and 1200 gates in the ultra class G6. This means for myself 1425 gates driven, again WOW!!! There is no doubt in my mind that this was the baddest RC event in the History of RC anything. Never has anyone driven an rc for this amount of time. My radio never got put down during the whole weekend and it was amazing!!!

I want to say thanks to the one and ONLY PARKER and the RECON CREW for throwing the most amazing event I have even been to, you can just see how much hard work it takes for these guys to run such an awesome event these guys are pros at running an event at this caliber. Thank you to all of the sponsors especially, Tekin Ty spent a good amount of time with our crew answering all of the questions and listening to us . VP for making sure I was set up with the awesome new 1.9 scale omf wheel (omg they work awesome and highly recommended). Axial racing Brad and Brandon are awesome guys and I want to thank them for taking care of my needs and it was awesome running with these pros side by side during all of the events. Also thank you for the BYBRCC for their awesome help taking the punishing task of corner marshall they put their bodies on the line with the flying Exo Terra Buggies, roosting rocks Wraiths and the nasty muddy SCX10s.

It was awesome to hang out with friends, got to play with my toys all weekend, and had fun the whole entire time. Never a dull moment. For the ones that didn't make it you have to do this next year, If you are ready to have the adventure of the life time with an RC, this is the event to attend to. I can't wait until next year for 2013 Axial Fest.
Awesome. No, PHAMPHUCKINGTASTIC! Thank you, Mike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead View Post
What a fantastic weekend!! This was by far the best weekend I've ever had in RC. Seriously!
Thank you, Jughead. You guys are why the G-Crew does what it does!

I am humbled by all the great words and I honestly could not achieve the fun factor that I search for with out great drivers who love being challenged in some unique and fun ways or with out the support of all the sponsors, my personal sponsors and the supporter of the G6 Challenge; I love you guys and THANK YOU!
Old 07-01-2012, 11:15 PM   #556
RCC Addict

You Mr. Brian Parker are THE MAN when it comes to ANY type of Crawler comp/challenge/adventure/ event hands down! You and your merry band of brothers are top notch at throwing this type of event together while always keeping it fresh and NEVER allowing them to get stale or played out my hat is off to you and the g-crew ......and a very special thanks to Mrs. Parker...thank you for letting your crazy, manic, hilarious , big hearted hubby come out to play with his giant extended family

Can't wait for the next G6

Last edited by halfcab; 07-02-2012 at 07:19 AM.
halfcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:50 AM   #557
Rock Crawler

"PARKERFEST 2013" Has a nice ring to it!!!
Old 07-02-2012, 11:54 AM   #558
I wanna be Dave

parkerfest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!hells yes 2013
zonkerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:49 PM   #559
Rock Crawler

Thank you axial and parker for having the BYB be part of a fun filled event. My son was so happy that his wraith finished all 838 trail markers the g6 had to give us. Thanks cushdog for the mip rebuild kit. My son lost a few parts during the terra cross event but cush helped us get back running for the rest of the g6. Hope to see yall on the rocks sooner than later.
CrAwLeR13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:30 PM   #560

Thank you G-Crew, Parker, and the byb. Great event had a blast!
riot983 is offline   Reply With Quote

AXIALFEST - JUNE 22-24th, 2012 - Cisco Grove, California - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
R.E.C.O.N. G6 Challenge "Joker's Wild" @ Cisco Grove, CA DRIVNMF Recon G6 453 09-20-2011 09:47 AM
OFFICIAL SPONSORS OF AWCC FINALS 2011 - Cisco Grove, CA GCRad1 Past RCCA qualifiers 7 06-09-2011 03:18 PM
SC racing Thursday night at Cisco Grove campgrounds badger RC Rock Crawling Worlds 22 08-25-2009 04:14 PM
UTRCRC Rumble in the Rocks, Kiwanis park, Pl Grove, June 11th PinchFlat Competitions 23 07-01-2005 04:15 PM