Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: NMRCRC Father's Day Comp - 6/17

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2007, 07:52 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default NMRCRC Father's Day Comp - 6/17

So are we still up for the comp this Sunday? No word back from DJ yet, but the last I heard this up coming Sunday was the day.
Cloak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2007, 08:14 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

I can actually make this weekend. If it's on Sunday I'm in.

Edit: Will anyone complain if I don't have any painted body panels on the rig yet? There are panels, they're just not painted yet.

Last edited by Barnaby; 06-11-2007 at 08:17 PM.
Barnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 08:49 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Clear panels are perfectly legal.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:05 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

AND...my hood is in the rear.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:08 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I Wont Be Able To Compete Because I Have No Rig Done Yet.
MGS511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:41 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
AND...my hood is in the rear.
Just call it an old VW Bug then and you're set.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:56 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

So is it just me and you Pete?
Old 06-12-2007, 05:39 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

its going to be a gtg
Old 06-12-2007, 07:22 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

According to our "website", we were supposed to have a comp last weekend. What happened to that?
Old 06-12-2007, 07:30 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

I Dont Know I Guess Our Season Is Closed So I Have No Idea Because No Body Can Get A Hold Of Dj.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:36 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

im in i will be their white wash ??? lets do it i need to try out the new droop comp rig.
rockcrawler505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 02:49 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

i'll be there too..

is this a comp? or a get together? what time?
joeshacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 02:58 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Chill out guys....I did not have constant access to a computer.I was on the road for 35 days.....(checking phone) I don't see any missed calls from your numbers....This weekend will be a GTG from what I heard from Mr.Vintage and Cloak........Our Season is over,score have been turned in.
ColquittCustom405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 04:30 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

We need to probably hand over setting up comps to someone else who can be consistent about following through with them, DJ. I know you were gone, but we really need to be more consistent handling them instead of waiting for word from you or Kyle. Especially since you've been travelling more lately and Kyle doesn't check this site.

Granted, I've been busy myself with our home remodeling so we can sell the current home. We just need a mechanism where we can pass the torch when you're not available for coordination. I feel way too much is riding on just a few shoulders for the benefit of the group.

The only number I had was your house number, I did PM you here asking a couple weeks ago whether we should go ahead with the scheduled comp.

On an unrelated note, I handed over that domain I purchased to Kyle because he and you, DJ, wanted to make a "real" website. Sure, we have a cookie cutter template site up, but no one has access to updating it or setting up our forums which were promised over a month ago. I'll see if I can make time to talk with Kyle tonight so we can get it set up where it can actually be used by the members. I know Will and Wes do this stuff for a living on the design end and I do it on the technical end, we have way more than enough talent in our group alone to get this all taken care of in house instead of having someone like Kyle footing a bill to outsource it.

My personal complaint in this whole thing is the fact that since I'm one of the founding members of NMRCRC (and officer, which my position was immediately made moot by Kyle at the Sandia Event), I hear a lot of complaints from our members and I feel that any semblance of control has been taken away where I can't really provide a good solution for their complaints. We formed the group to have fun and eventually send a couple people to the nationals and I feel we've strayed very far from that. That's where most of my frustration comes from. I'm trying to make this a great group and grow and we can not do that with the current setup of our group.

Anyway, rant done. I look forward to crawling this weekend guys. Maybe we can do like Wes and Will suggested and do an entrance fee for a 1st place take home pot. That kinda sounds like fun. This home remodeling stuff sucks.

I will call Avery to let him know it isn't a comp this weekend, so he can decide to come down or not. I would hate for him to get off work and make the long drive for nothing.

Edit: Oh hey Avery. You're in for going to nat's. You and I are 2.2 qualifiers and Kyle and I qualify for Supers.

Last edited by Cloak; 06-13-2007 at 04:42 PM.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:55 PM   #15
Rock Stacker

kyle did give me access to the site.. but i don't have anything to update the site with.. content that is, if anybody has any content they want to post on the site, let me know, and i'll update it.
joeshacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 09:07 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Good good. We could use with some sound controls on that video and editing around dates. We can officially make this sunday's event a GT out at White Wash. I'm happy to have it as such. I'll be out there either way between 11ish to noon, depending when I get the boys up there.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:09 AM   #17
Quarry Creeper

great sounds good i am looking forward to nats.i am not sure if im going sunday i will let you guys know saturday.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:03 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockcrawler505 View Post
great sounds good i am looking forward to nats.i am not sure if im going sunday i will let you guys know saturday.
Cool deal Av. Sorry I keep forgetting to call. I was sure I'd finish up early last night and give you a call... then I looked at the clock and it was 1AM.
Old 06-16-2007, 09:33 AM   #19
Quarry Creeper

ok im off from work and the subaru has a full tank of gas wat time are we going to meat ?
Old 06-17-2007, 08:01 AM   #20
Pebble Pounder

Doesn't look like I'm going to be able to make it again. Just a few more weeks of landscaping and I should have some free time. Have fun.