Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Duratrax Cliff Climber

Notices

Thread: Random acts of kindness...........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2009, 06:10 AM   #1
I joined the Band!

Default Random acts of kindness...........

HAS ANYONE YOU HAVE NEVER MET OFFERED TO HELP YOU OUT? IF SO LETS HEAR YOUR STORY THIS WORLD IS FULL OF NASTY PEOPLE BUT EVER SO OFTEN YOU COME ACROSS A GENUINELY SINCERE PERSON. THEY DO YOU AN AWESOME SOLID AND ALL THEY ASK IN RETURN IS THAT YOU PAY IT FORWARD.......GOD BLESS THESE WONDERFUL PEOPLE. MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL !
TNCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2009, 08:05 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Yes, I have... most recently was someone on this Bulletin Board... I am currently in Iraq, serving in the Army, and a wonderful person is donating what is going to be a beautiful body custom painted. I had been a little down the last moth or so with things at home, was looking at my CC and wished that there was paint here that I could paint the body with. This has been a really strong morale boost, and couldn't come at a better time! Thank you Brian of Brians Bodies!
artsifrtsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 01:11 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Absolutely, the negative people are just more visible unfortunately. I've seen many instances of kindness and charity just in the RC forums community and it always gives me a good feeling.
Jamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 01:28 PM   #4
I joined the Band!

Yes it is amazing how big some peoples heart is. I had to sell my crawler due to the expenses of a newborn baby girl and i nice fellow saw what i did for my family and said that he wanted to give me another one. All he wanted in return was a christmas card and that i pay it forward. This blew my mind in the since that i have never met or talked to this fellow. All i can say is thanks from the bottom of my heart! And that i will definatley pay it forward!!!! Thanks for the responses guys!
Old 12-12-2009, 01:47 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

when i first moved to AZ i had almost nothing. jus a tv, xbox 360 and 2 crawlers. i needed some help with some fab work on my berg i was builing. i didnt have any tools.

after i posted here on rcc that i was looking for some area/tools i got a huge responce from the community. crawlerdad and smokey have been a huge help! i have tons of respect for those guys!
robbio4422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 02:11 PM   #6
WOOPOOW!!

Ive been givin alot by the RCC community. Among all the "bad people" , about 90% are very cool, down to earth guys. The other 10% is scammers, and assholes. Now, most of these guys will seem like an asshole if you post retarded posts, or think you know tons more than they do. Ive seen many threads where someone has had some problems, and vendors! would offer to send that person stuff, just to see them back on all 4's. I try to help out everyone as much as I can. I do onto others like i would want them to do onto me
Colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 10:04 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

I have said it befor and I will say it again this world is too damn mean to my new and only friend here at rccrawler, tncrawler its all about the love my braddah !
leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:06 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

too cool ya'll. glad to hear a happy story. refreshing.
73fordhighboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:44 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

About a year back, I was talking on another forum about the possiblity of building a crawler out of a couple of mini-t gearboxes and cvds, and this stranger just offered up a complete mini lst that he no longer used for the project (free). When I went to pick it up, it turned out he was just a young teen, I offered him cash for it, but he refused, he said that he just wanted someone to have it that would use it. My ids have played with it non stop since then, I still haven't had the chance to turn it into a mini crawler. Just a really good kid...
canuckcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:01 PM   #10
I joined the Band!

its good to hear all of your stories guys! i am glad this forum is full of helpful and big hearted people! thank everyone of you that has help someone in need!! you are what makes this such a great place to be!
Old 12-18-2009, 12:07 AM   #11
RCC Addict

I would like to thank you for your kindness in providing me a thread to reach 1,000 posts in
701 Technique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 12:57 PM   #12
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 701 Technique View Post
I would like to thank you for your kindness in providing me a thread to reach 1,000 posts in
post whore
Old 12-18-2009, 10:06 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNCrawler View Post
post whore
Boredom leads to whoredom.

My truck got plowed in with 5 feet of snow last winter and after and hour of digging a guy stopped, hooked up a rope, and pulled me right out of there. Put a smile on my face for the rest of the day

Last edited by 701 Technique; 12-18-2009 at 10:11 PM.
701 Technique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 01:11 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

i left the farm late one night after hard rain in my truck(73 f250 "highboy" on 36x14.50 tsl's & a .30 over fe390 bigblock) and got my ass stuck in this nasty mud pond/ditch. i prolly burned through 20 gallons trying to get out that damned hole. i see some head lights getting closer. some guy in a xj helped get me out. we been friends ever since. we both picked up rc crawling. got himself a set of bullies with some baddass over and sorta behind the axle stearing. he's now fab'n up the same kit for my light weights.
73fordhighboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 10:28 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Here is an excellent example of Paying it forward on the Unlimited Engineering forum... Just goes to show how people that people who have never met can still pull together and accomplish things... Here is a link, hope it works...
http://www.unlimitedengineering.com/...3&page=1&pp=40 Enjoy !
vader2728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 10:40 AM   #16
I wanna be Dave

flmudder did me a huge favor, i needed 2 bearings to get going again and he sent me some extras he had laying around thanks once agian man!
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 04:27 PM   #17
I joined the Band!

thanks again guys for sharing! keep it going
Old 12-23-2009, 11:03 AM   #18
I joined the Band!

WELL HERE IT IS!!!!! THIS IS WHAT MY FRIEND LEON SENT ME WITH A TON OF EXTRA PARTS! 3 SETS OF TIRES AND WHEELS , ANOTHER ROLLING CHASSIS, SET OF BEARINGS, SPARE AXELS, HUBS, DOGBONES, GEARS,NUTS, BOLTS, TWO BODIES!

THE BODY YOU SEE WAS CLEAR AND I TRIMMED IT UP AND PAINTED IT CANDY RED!!
Old 12-23-2009, 11:03 AM   #19
I joined the Band!

LEON YOU ARE DA MAN
Old 12-23-2009, 10:57 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNCrawler View Post
LEON YOU ARE DA MAN
x2... you never helped me, but TNC really needed the help and you pulled through!

TNC, now you will be able to entertain and educate that newborn with some basic mechanical knowledge! Way to to, and keep your spirits high! Your child will remember and cherish all the time and knowledge that you share!
artsifrtsi is offline   Reply With Quote