Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Duratrax Cliff Climber

Notices

Thread: Is the cc faithful dying or what.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2010, 07:17 AM   #21
I wanna be Dave

I still own the 2 i bought, one is set up for comp crawling(to the best of it's abilities) and the other one is still and unfinished scale project (if you can call scale a moa rig)
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2010, 10:23 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

still have it, still crawling along too. once my 1:1 mudtruck is finished i'll be able to throw money at it again. $2500 for tires isn't like picking up a set of rovers at the lhs:-( sh t, gas for a day at the mud hole cost more than my rtr cliffy. argh
73fordhighboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:32 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

is your 1:1 the same as your nick? I have a 73 HB, with a big block, lift and resting on 38's at the house in NY for sale...
artsifrtsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 07:38 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

yes it is she is my baby. im in the process of putting bout 10 more inches of lift on her for a total of 14 inches. 44 boggers or tsl's havent decided. almost done building the motor! high compression fe big block!
73fordhighboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 08:16 AM   #25

Dying is a harsh term. Stalled is probably better. I am a hold out on Sportwerks stuff as well (own 3). It went thru the same issues, but my mayhem(s) still rock. Parts are still available, just a little harder to find. I am still amazed how much a roller goes for on ebay. I like my little CC. I do wish Duratrax would release some type of lower gearing option or killer motor.
MaxxBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 01:36 PM   #26
Pebble Pounder

Better not be dying off I just signed up after reading all of the great info you guys are tossing around. We have three CC in the family now and I have machined new spindles for the front to fix the steering geometry and locked out the rear. Hope to post pics soon.
DinoCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 02:16 PM   #27
Pebble Pounder

Mine has been broke for a couple months. I totaled my Jeep and lost my job so I have been rebuilding with a new Jeep and living on unemployment. I realized last night they were discontinued last night so I ordered steel gears while i could still get them. Better safe than sorry.
FlexdXJ is offline   Reply With Quote