Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > WRCCA Championship Series > East Coast Championship

Notices

Thread: 2011 TCS Crawlers East Coast Championships

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2011, 09:12 AM   #1301
Rock Crawler

Whew, just dodged a bullet, 1 of our drivers just had some major issues while in FL and won't be back for a while, the regional boss wanted me to run his route Friday, thankfully I just trained a new guy on that route, so he can run it.

Heading into the store to pick up a bunch of pork now. Still need to work on tires for the 2.2 and rebuild the front axle for the super.
Lushtrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2011, 09:14 AM   #1302
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scattman View Post
You guys that will be there midday, early afternoon on Thursday PM me your phone #'s. Might need some help getting the RV and smoker turned around up there on top.
I should be up there a little after lunch on Thurs if all goes well. Saw the wood dude as I was leaving work this AM, got a good stack of hickory and a small pile of pear wood to go with the apple I already had.
Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:15 AM   #1303
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lushtrucker View Post
Heading into the store to pick up a bunch of pork now. Still need to work on tires for the 2.2 and rebuild the front axle for the super.
Where do you use pork on the 2.2?
Rckcrwlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:16 AM   #1304
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
Oh shit!! I forgot the negative sign!!!

-50, -50, -50

that was close
nitrojeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:20 AM   #1305
"HOLLYWOOD"

Aaaahhhhhh the open road love these road trips could not sleep last night waiting for today. See you guys tomorrow. Matt gimmie a call when you reach Atl. to head up.
Mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:27 AM   #1306
Official Cook of the ECC

I am stuffing everything I could possibly need into the basement of the RV.

Still loads of room on the smoker for this wekend. Haven't heard much talk of chicken or ribs yet.
Scattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 10:03 AM   #1307
I wanna be Dave

Any more info on the G6 run, is this a go??
Jslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 10:43 AM   #1308
Holmes Hobbies

Are the girls gonna make it

Name:  IMG_4611-3wtmk%20(Small).jpg
Views: 209
Size:  96.3 KB

Last edited by CD13; 04-13-2011 at 10:53 AM.
CD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 11:02 AM   #1309
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmaxx View Post
IMPORTANT

At tech inspection each driver will receive a drivers packet. In the packet there will be 6x different colored score-sheets, raffle ticket, Simple-Green Coupons, and sticker with their drivers # on it.

Colored Score-Sheets : should already have your information on it. Each sheet goes to a specific course. When its your turn to drive you will given the sheet to the score keeper to record your scores. After the run you will sign the sheet, and will be placed in a container. The sheet will be routinely taken to the score tent, and post...HOPEFULLY ONLINE IN REAL TIME through Google Docs. (May be viewed on laptop, smart phone, or other web enabled device.

Raffle Ticket : is used to claim prizes through out the day. Driver is responsible to keep up with their ticket the ENTIRE DAY. There will be rafffles until the end of day. You lose your ticket its gone.

Drivers # Sticker : must be placed in a clearly visible location. Failing to do so may result in a DQ.

Drivers are expected to move through the courses through out the day. Currently the plan is.....

Drivers must COMPLETED 3 Courses by 12:30. Note that it says completed not just in line.

Failure to do so will result in Course DQ (50) on the appropriate number of courses starting with first course (not yet run)

Example:

At 12:30 Colby has ran 2 courses. Course 1 and Course 4. He would get a 50 for Course 2.

I know this sounds harsh, but its the only way I know that keeps all the drivers from waiting until conditions are "PERFECT", and still give them the choice (Free Crawl) to run courses in the order they want.

hope this doesnt happen to anyone but if it does is a marshal going to tell that driver that hey you have a 50 on course 2 so that driver doesnt stand in line at course two un aware wasting more time and maybe get a 50 on 4 or 5 because they waited to run 2 and didnt get to another course because they didnt know they already had a 50 on 2?
mark reel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 11:06 AM   #1310
I wanna be Dave

I would assume that the drivers should know that by 12:30 if they haven't run 3 courses then they will have received a 50 on whichever of the first few they haven't run. If courses open by 7:30 that allows 5 hours to run 3 courses...

This also brings up another question that Fish might have the answer to. If the time frame is going to be taken into consideration, will the judges be responsible for recording the start time for each driver on each course? This is what leads to Mark's question. If we aren't recording the time they start a course then there wouldn't be any way to determine whether or not they have completed 3 courses by 12:30 since they will be turning in their score sheets on every course.

I understand that most of these rules are simply being used to encourage drivers to keep moving through the courses, but there will always be someone trying to push the limits of these "rules". What if every driver got a piece of paper and was required to have a judge sign it and record the time of completion after each course. This way if they run course 1 and 4 before 12:30 and then go to course 2 the judge on that course will be able to see that they have only completed 2 courses prior to 12:30. Just ideas...

Last edited by ittybitty; 04-13-2011 at 11:14 AM.
ittybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 11:22 AM   #1311
Official Cook of the ECC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jslick View Post
Any more info on the G6 run, is this a go??
Yes, I still plan on doing it. Might not be quite the caliber as Parker's but we will have some fun.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:38 AM   #1312
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rckcrwlr View Post
Where do you use pork on the 2.2?
Trade secret ;)
Old 04-13-2011, 11:45 AM   #1313
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark reel View Post
hope this doesnt happen to anyone but if it does is a marshal going to tell that driver that hey you have a 50 on course 2 so that driver doesnt stand in line at course two un aware wasting more time and maybe get a 50 on 4 or 5 because they waited to run 2 and didnt get to another course because they didnt know they already had a 50 on 2?

Just like ittybitty said they should know.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ittybitty View Post
I would assume that the drivers should know that by 12:30 if they haven't run 3 courses then they will have received a 50 on whichever of the first few they haven't run. If courses open by 7:30 that allows 5 hours to run 3 courses...

This also brings up another question that Fish might have the answer to. If the time frame is going to be taken into consideration, will the judges be responsible for recording the start time for each driver on each course? This is what leads to Mark's question. If we aren't recording the time they start a course then there wouldn't be any way to determine whether or not they have completed 3 courses by 12:30 since they will be turning in their score sheets on every course.

I understand that most of these rules are simply being used to encourage drivers to keep moving through the courses, but there will always be someone trying to push the limits of these "rules". What if every driver got a piece of paper and was required to have a judge sign it and record the time of completion after each course. This way if they run course 1 and 4 before 12:30 and then go to course 2 the judge on that course will be able to see that they have only completed 2 courses prior to 12:30. Just ideas...
Its actually very simple....At approximately 12:30 I will have runners pick up all the score sheets turned in. The judges don't need to worry about it. If some squeezes a run in before they get picked up while the runners were in transition ....they should consider themselves LUCKY

Last edited by Fishmaxx; 04-13-2011 at 11:48 AM.
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 11:49 AM   #1314
Official Cook of the ECC

16 hours till we hit the road
Old 04-13-2011, 11:56 AM   #1315
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD13 View Post
Are the girls gonna make it
They were both Kelly(left) and Lindsey were invited, but Nathan/Kelly are currently not active in RC Crawling.

Lindsey/Sneed have been active.......but its not all been crawling

Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:02 PM   #1316
Holmes Hobbies

Thats great, Congrads Lindsey and Sneed
CD13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:28 PM   #1317
RCC Addict

Look!! Its an Outty!!
The Real Dogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:34 PM   #1318
I wanna be Dave

Its actually very simple....At approximately 12:30 I will have runners pick up all the score sheets turned in. The judges don't need to worry about it. If some squeezes a run in before they get picked up while the runners were in transition ....they should consider themselves LUCKY [/QUOTE]

See...man with a plan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Dogman View Post
Look!! Its an Outty!!
Old 04-13-2011, 12:41 PM   #1319
Rock Crawler

Think I'm set for a few days...
Old 04-13-2011, 12:43 PM   #1320
I wanna be Dave

I'd love to see the expression on a cops face if they had to inspect your vehicle for whatever reason!

"Boy...where you goin with all that beer and meat?"