Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: A few Crawler battery buying tips

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2009, 08:29 PM   #41
RCC Addict

what do you recommend for a 7t hh cobalt puller?
Deezul is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2010, 06:07 AM   #42
Pebble Pounder

Hi great post just wondering what you think about Zippy Flightmax Lipo batts i have several of the 2S 2S2P 5200mAh 30C hardcase packs which i bought for about $30 and these to me seem to do very well in my heavy Emaxx MMM and Rustler VXL very recomended in the traxxas forums, don't know if they are acurately labelled, as i suspect that neither of my brushless cars draw anywhere near the batts advertised ratings that would be 156A for each 2S (2x2S 312A on the mamba monster max emaxx), without even a temp rise, i was wondering since i have the charger how do you think a 1900mAh 2S zippy Flightmax pack will do for my Venom Creeper?
Thanx
vtek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:58 AM   #43

I dont see the 1900's on there site. If there simlar to the other 1800s then they would fit fine in the factroy tray but not very good on the links
evolekim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:31 AM   #44
Quarry Creeper

Do the lipo packs that you sell come with connectors and if so is there a way to get them with traxxas connectors?
Tortuga275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:59 PM   #45
Pebble Pounder

This site is the best.. I get more info from here then anywere.. Thanks for all the battery info just about to go out and pick one up...
RockGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 07:30 PM   #46

Default i am a neebie

My Locao hobby guy. Convinced me to buy a venom it has all yhe diferent bells and whistles. Well when it comes down to it it can get very confussing to use. IN your uses chargers would you think a hyperion would be better to use than the venom charger. thanks to any one who has a clue to this answer
pero824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 05:51 PM   #47
I wanna be Dave

If it is the one I am thinking of, then it shouldn't be any harder to use than a Hyperion. A Hyperion charger is the bee's knees though
Chris_The_Battery_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 05:52 AM   #48
Pebble Pounder

sorry meant the 1800mAh I have 3 already and they're awsome with my novak Rooster and Fifty5 motor and so far no probs and great capacity 1.5-2hrs runtime each batt:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=6541
vtek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:53 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrosteve View Post
All this talk about batteries seems to have left out one application.

I would like to get some AA cells for my Futaba transmitter. What are the best cells for that?

Something that will hold a charge for a long time.

Would the 2000mah eneloop or Sanyo be the best bet? Or should I pay the extra $$$ for the 2700 sanyos?

How would the those compare with the rechargeable energizers or rayovacs I can pick up at wally world?

Thanks
X2 I was just thinking the same thing. Any ideas?
Some Old Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 04:36 AM   #50
Quarry Creeper

Great info here, thanks very much.

A quick question on wire guage. I'm considering getting an Eflight lipo that has 20g wire. Does this have to match your ESC? For example: will this cause problems if i use it in a rig that has an ESC with 14g wire and a 45t motor?
shannwah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 10:53 AM   #51
Got Worms?

What do think about the new Blue LiPo that hobbypartz.com has???
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 02:01 PM   #52
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

From some secondary testing that i have seen, the Blue Lipos aren't near as good as the turnigy and zippy packs. They don't hold voltage under load as well.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 04:14 PM   #53

Default Question for the op

Chris_The_Battery_Man - I read in your original post that you got 1.5 - 2 hours of run time on a brushless system with the Elite 1500mah 2/3A packs...

So, before I click the order button on cheapbatterypacks.com, I am curious what the average run time could be if I ordered that same pack for a totally stock AX10 RTC? Is there a better option to get good, long run time out of a split pack down on the axle?

Does getting the 5000mah SC's in the same configuration help? Will it even fit or make a difference?

I'm fairly brand new to this aspect of RC's... But I would much rather order a pack from you than try and find something at my LHS. (considering "local" is an hour drive for me...)

Any advice is good advice. Just want to play on the rocks, not trail ride or anything. Just crawl with a couple buddies.

If I can get an hour or so out of one pack, I may just order 2 or 3...
KPSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 03:13 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrosteve View Post
All this talk about batteries seems to have left out one application.

I would like to get some AA cells for my Futaba transmitter. What are the best cells for that?

Something that will hold a charge for a long time.

Would the 2000mah eneloop or Sanyo be the best bet? Or should I pay the extra $$$ for the 2700 sanyos?

How would the those compare with the rechargeable energizers or rayovacs I can pick up at wally world?

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Old Guy View Post
X2 I was just thinking the same thing. Any ideas?
I am not a battery expert but I can help you out based on experience.
The Eneloops are the best nimh AA battery I have ever found. They charge and stay almost 1.4 volts and stay there until dead. They are well worth the money.
I use Eneloops in other devices (high-powered lasers). I still use the cheap Wal-Mart Rayovac batteries for my RC. I will invest in Eneloops when i can afford it.
The Rayovac's are good enough for now, with a full charge I can play about 10 hours.
Blayzin_Dro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:27 AM   #55
Quarry Creeper

Question Re: A few Crawler battery buying tips

Anybody have opinions on the Turnigy Nano-Tech LiPos? I've heard there as good as MaxAmps batteries!
MiniMorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:33 AM   #56
MODERATOR™

Default Re: A few Crawler battery buying tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMorris View Post
Anybody have opinions on the Turnigy Nano-Tech LiPos? I've heard there as good as MaxAmps batteries!
And what have you heard about MaxAmps batteries?
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 03:05 PM   #57
Pebble Pounder

I have been seeing LiPos branded as "Chrome" pop up recently, my LHS recommends them (and carries them), but a google search brings up helicopter forums and for sale sites. They have a 1300mah 2 cell that is identical in size to the hyperion I am running now, but it is cheaper. They also have a nicely priced 5600?mah 2 cell that would fit my slash. Anyone tried some of these batteries in anything but a helicopter?
PFC FNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:18 PM   #58
Quarry Creeper

I am clueless. I have read a bit and still not sure. Looking to buy one or lipos for the Wraith I picked up today. My first crawler and 1st electric car.

It has a stock motor. I am looking to pretty much just crawl. No bashing or speed.

What mah am I looking for and c? I figured 5000 range and after reading, I have no idea on c
Bansh88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:47 AM   #59
RCC Addict

5000 mAh should last you four hours (or more) of near continous crawl.
A smaller and lighter battery will provide better overall weight and weight distribution. 1500 mAh will last about an hour.
Olle P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:29 AM   #60
Rock Stacker

Both Maxamp's I own have about 15-20 charges on them and look like a ball park they plump when u chargem. The turnigy (2)3s and(2) 2s have 3s40 charges 2s 5 charges are still like new with 3.2V cutoff they always take at
Least 100 more mAh than is written on the sticker.
D_Frawg is offline   Reply With Quote