Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: another cc bec question but need opinion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2008, 07:56 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default another cc bec question but need opinion

Ok so My spektrum reciever just shuts down sometimes when i got my wheels cranked one direction. I am saving for a sidewinder but gonna be a while yet. running moped esc right now and I like it So I picked up the cc bec. Now the 2 wiring diagrams I seen are a little different and am wondering what everyones opinion is on how I should wire mine to help my problem. I also got a voltage capacitor on my spektrum if that even matters.
of course the first is the cc bec diagram that comes with the package which has you running your receiver and servo thru the BEC.

or should I go with this wiring diagram so my servo is only running off the BEC and my receiver just runs thru my esc. I just want my truck to stay running. about ready to stomp on the spektrum receiver.
discgolferlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2008, 11:23 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

hmmm no responses not even a flame to use the search button. I'm disapointed. lol I wired up using 2nd diagram and so far so good testing in the house. We'll see once I get some real testing in. unfortuantly we got 6 inches of snow tonight so going to have to be indoors. I did get the slash out for a run in the wet stuff though.
My slash in the snow partII LOTS OF PICS!!
Old 12-16-2008, 11:27 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Try cc's first. I created that 2nd diagram but ultimatey found that it did not work out with the ESC powering the dig servo, bound up. t worked fine wothout dig though. But cc's is easier to setup and make changes if needed.
dpdsurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 11:28 PM   #4
Who's your Daddy-0!

Your BEC needs to plug into your RX where the battery slot is. The BEC will wire up to your battery as you have it. Make sure to pull your RED wire from your ESC out! This way the RX isn't getting power from 2 places.
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 06:07 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

i know how you feel man! i went through it for 3 days b4 i got it straight.

i went with the 2nd diagram without issue, even with a very high current servo!
crawldad91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 06:19 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Wire it up the CC way first. The second way is if your getting glitching. Or running over 6v to your servos. If you just got the CC bec you will be all set as far as you servo drawing too much current from your ESC. Even set at 5.1v from the factory the CC bec's 10amp supply current is more than enough for one servo. Your just amping out your ESC's bec and it causes your RX to shut off.
hitman46mod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 01:59 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

wow.... from 10 pm untill 2 am. no response and you cried about that. very disappointed.

on topic: i have mine wired up as shown with the second diagram, and am happy with it. (i have two servos both powered by the BEC)
BuzzKilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 02:22 PM   #8
Who's your Daddy-0!

I sent you some PM's a little after 1am as soon as I saw the post. Hooking it up like Castle says is the way to go. That way the only wire you are pulling is the red wire off the ESC. Easy enough. Sometimes a lot of us don't get to answer questions till later at night. I assure you that your questions will get answered at some point. The is that magic search button that will pull up a ton of threads on BEC hook up.......Definitive wiring diagrams for BECs Rx Servos Motors etc.

There is one on the front page as a "Sticky"..........But saying stuff like that will make it where nobody will want to answer you because they didn't do it fast enough.....
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 02:48 PM   #9
RCC Addict

The way the diagram (2nd pic) is correct!!! It is isolating the steering servo's power from the Esc and reciever so that when you get the Steering in a bind, it does not shut down the system. "DO NOT PURCHASE the sidewinder for crawling" (Per CC tech,very weak internal BEC) save for a MAX!! But I recommend using that wiring diagram for the best results!!
you do not need to disconect the sig wire from BEC, btw. Easy way to hook up is with a "Y" harness, servo & BEC plugged into females, Signal only plug into rec., works perfectly!!!
cato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 07:00 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzKilla View Post
wow.... from 10 pm untill 2 am. no response and you cried about that. very disappointed.

I WAS JOKING HENCE THE LOL. I really meant I was disapointed that no one flamed me with the search button. I think I read every thread on cc bec on the site before the post. I just wanted to lay my componets out there for some feedback because everyones setup and/or problems may be different. so don't take it so hard I meant no disrespect thats why I put LOL. THANKS allot for all the input guys. I wired it up with the non castle diagram(2nd diagram) seems to be working great so far but not allot of time or enviroment to test since we got about 6 inches of snow last night.
THANKS EVERYONE

Old 12-17-2008, 07:36 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

my steering recently quit, still have throttle though, i have mine wired the castle way and i believe it has fried my rx but still waiting on parts to actually find out, the problem i think is that it was starting to glitch when just sitting idle, which sounds like why everyone changed how they wired it up, sound right...??? i ran it like this for some time as well before it started glitching, leads me to think it takes some time for it to fry things and stop working
guapotaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 07:52 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

yeah I was afraid of frying my rx that was a deciding factor in wiring it with the second diagram. what rx were you running
Old 12-18-2008, 10:03 PM   #13
DMC
Rock Stacker

I'm having the same sort of issue except I noted it was not the rec that shut down but rather the light on the BEC went out which ultimately takes out the rec. When the bec powered back up (almost like it reset or ?) the rec came back on. I'm going to try the second diagram. Weird thing is I never had a problem until I switched to brushless. I have a mamba max with the red wire out as per the castle diagram. Is it possible my motor is drawing too much on start up (seems like every time it encounters a load at low speeds or trying to start up against an object it cuts out -- independent of steering input)? I wouldn't think so since it is a max but ... you never know I guess.
DMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 06:13 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

so far I am VERY happy with the bec wired up per 2nd diagram. I haven't got the castle link yet so it's running default 5 volts i think. monday i get the castle link so then I will bump it up to 6 volts. but so far running the servo only is the ticket