Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: What should I do?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2009, 09:53 PM   #21
Suck it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorman57 View Post
R2 in a super with a decent amount of power = carnage. They are geared to low IMO. I ran a Crawlmaster on 8 cells behind an R2 with an 18t pinion in a 7 pound 2.2 and it was still to low. Try an upgraded Axial tranny withy CDW outputs and hard ano'd gears. Thats what I run in my super with great results. She's only 6 pounds RTR though.
First: sorry to jack your thread Slave.

Second: For what its worth, I'm running Maxx diffs and a 9t pinion on the motor. I really can't complain about wheelspeed ATM. Its still snappy enough to hop it around if I need it to.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2009, 07:20 AM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Slave View Post
I want to go brushless in my AX10

is the mamba max that much better than the sidewinder?
whats a good brushless motor, I'm liking my 55 but would like brushless.

what would you get or what are you running?
would you buy it again?
I got a Mamba for my berg build. Defective out of the box. Castle said just send it back (i still havent = all set with castle)
I then decided on a Tekin FXR....thats the way I'll go hence forth.
I aslo had a goat in my AX10....I ran it on a 3 cell lipo for a month till it cooked. YA...a brushless system that can only handle 7.4 volts(2 cell).
I replaced the goat with the Rooster from my wheely king, running a 2 cell with a 50t motor = no wheel speed but it works. the only thing i like about the rooster is the ease of use.
If you havent got an ESC yet read on, I think its a personal choice...some love Castle, some Novak, some Tekin.....figure what kind of driving still you like etc. and get the esc that will assist with that.
just my 1/2 cent.
not to mention, the goat was the jumpy est ESC I ever drove, I think that is a trait of all brushless systems...just my opinion.
Rocksolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 09:49 AM   #23

I use Outrunner motor with Mamba 25 ESC myself and I'm pretty happy, I'm keeping my crawler as light as possible.
My friend has the sweetest setup I've seen personally. LRP AI Brushless Pro Reverse Digital and LRP Eraser 15.5 turn brushless motor. He has much more speed than I do, but he can also go slower (you can barely see his crawler move) and the Tork is incredible. If not for the weight, this is what I would use.
Andsetinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 07:02 PM   #24

I have a goat and love it. the only down side is NO WATER play. I think that the goat only take up to 7 cell were mamba max is 8. your truck is looking pretty good ,I see it on the cc forum , awesome pics.
chop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 07:07 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

hey thanks man,
we'll both be rocking those free stickers eh?
Mr.Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:23 PM   #26
Rock Crawler

Im running dual 35t WarriorII handwounds, Sidewinder, CC BEC, and 4 cell 2100mah PolyRC lipo.

This setup has taken 2 short side Berg shafts within 3 battery charges. Also destroys Axial stub shafts by opening up the slot. The wheelspeed is enough to launch over several foot gaps and do donuts/cyclones in the dirt. The low-speed control is also VERY smooth and has brutal torque throughout the entire RPM range.

I haven't seen anything come close to a 4-cell/35t handwound combo.
Hildy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:26 PM   #27
TEAM MODERATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by chop View Post
I have a goat and love it. the only down side is NO WATER play. I think that the goat only take up to 7 cell were mamba max is 8. your truck is looking pretty good ,I see it on the cc forum , awesome pics.

The Mamba Max will handle more than 8 cells. I've run 10-11 sub C's in the past without any heat troubles. I now run 3 cell lipos in everything and they never even get warm. All the motors I run in my super really draw the power,pullers and big out runners. These type of motors at high voltage will really put an ESC to the test. Some crawlers have bumped up to 4 cell lipos with a Mamba Max.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote