Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Nomadio React vs DX3R

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2009, 06:01 PM   #21
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotcarl View Post
The 4pk is a lot to spend for crawling, I could see paying the money if you are into other aspects of the hobbie, but I'm not. It is killing me to spend $300 on a radio system anyways, so I think I'll try out the react and see how it goes, if it isn't what works for me I'll probably go with a spektrum. It's only money right?
If you are going to spend 300 +,bite the bullet and get the 4pk. It is everything the Nomadio and the DX3R wanted to be but are not. For running MOA the 3r sucks. I have one so I am not repeating gossip. It is a great radio but it is too pricey for it to have the shortcomings that it has. Spend 300+ on the 3R and find out it sucks for your app. Then drop another 4 for the 4PK . Want more channels get a stick, hell I know guys that do offroad with a stick. Fly the damn buggy like a plane.
One-eyed Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2009, 07:12 PM   #22

What makes the 4pk worth the extra $175 over the react?
hotcarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 07:40 PM   #23
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by freetimecrawler View Post
Sticker sheet, haha. What a condescending A-hole
You neglected to mention, this is all personal opinion.
I'm curious to know how many past National champions use Spektrum vs Nomadio?
BTW, the only sticker on mine is my name, so I can find it among the 30-40 other DX3r's at our comps

I was just making satirical commentary on the fact that just because everyone else uses them that doesnt make them the best on the market. I will use an asterisk (*) from now on to show where the jokes start and end so i dont accidentally offend anyone else.

Everything in life is personal opinion, someone could eat soup with a knife if they like the feel of the knife more than a spoon, that doesnt really mean its the best tool for the job, but if it fits someones personal needs and desires then i encourage them to do so. And if other people see this person eat soup with a knife and want to follow in their footsteps for whatever reason then i encourage them to do so also. Lack of individuality and following the rest of the sheep is what makes this hobby so great. Its the ability to just do exactly what everyone else is doing and avoid having to think about that wins! If it wasn't the right way then why would so many other people do it. Right?

I meant it as funny sarcasm since Fast and the Furious Part 17 just came out, my appologies if you were offended. It was not my intention to be condesending towards anyone. I just feel that since its only a hobby with toy trucks that a little humor is fun. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and i was just voicing mine. No worries
Culetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 08:45 PM   #24
Debunking old stereotypes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culetto View Post
I was just making satirical commentary on the fact that just because everyone else uses them that doesnt make them the best on the market. I will use an asterisk (*) from now on to show where the jokes start and end so i dont accidentally offend anyone else.

Everything in life is personal opinion, someone could eat soup with a knife if they like the feel of the knife more than a spoon, that doesnt really mean its the best tool for the job, but if it fits someones personal needs and desires then i encourage them to do so. And if other people see this person eat soup with a knife and want to follow in their footsteps for whatever reason then i encourage them to do so also. Lack of individuality and following the rest of the sheep is what makes this hobby so great. Its the ability to just do exactly what everyone else is doing and avoid having to think about that wins! If it wasn't the right way then why would so many other people do it. Right?

I meant it as funny sarcasm since Fast and the Furious Part 17 just came out, my appologies if you were offended. It was not my intention to be condesending towards anyone. I just feel that since its only a hobby with toy trucks that a little humor is fun. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and i was just voicing mine. No worries

I wasn't really offended, but it did come across as you putting down all the DX3R users. No worries, I have thick skin. While I enjoy the humor,
your reference to the Fast and Furious went right over my head, I've only seen previews, those movies don't interest me.

Its all good.
I figure by the time I need to replace my DX3R something even better then the 4pk will be out by then.
freetimecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:26 PM   #25
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotcarl View Post
What makes the 4pk worth the extra $175 over the react?
Functionally, the futaba apparently has a few more features, bigger screen. The big thing is that the nomadio receivers were going bad all over the place. You can use spektrum receivers with it, but they're not 4 channel.

For me the big thing was I already had 3 futaba receivers that would work with the 4PK. It would have been much harder to justify if I had a bunch of spektrum receivers to replace, and for that same reason the react was hard to justify. Both companies make quality stuff, you really shouldn't switch unless you're having problems.
chrisjlittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 06:48 AM   #26
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjlittle View Post
Functionally, the futaba apparently has a few more features, bigger screen. The big thing is that the nomadio receivers were going bad all over the place. You can use spektrum receivers with it, but they're not 4 channel.

For me the big thing was I already had 3 futaba receivers that would work with the 4PK. It would have been much harder to justify if I had a bunch of spektrum receivers to replace, and for that same reason the react was hard to justify. Both companies make quality stuff, you really shouldn't switch unless you're having problems.
What he said!!!!
One-eyed Jack is offline   Reply With Quote