Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Dig Servo problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2009, 08:10 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Dig Servo problem

Hey all, I am having some problems with my dig servo. When I apply throttle, the servo jumps around. I thought the servo was going out and replaced the servo and am having the same problems again with it. I am running a CC BEC set at 6v to the receiver. I do remember reading a thread about metal link ends and the servo arm touching and replaced them with plastic ones, but no luck there. I have moved wires all around to see if it was some electrical interference but that is not the problem either. I have been working on this for about a week now and now luck, please any help would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if I am missing anything, I have searched all over this site and others.

AX-10 with RC4WD R2D tranny
Mamba Max, CC BEC set at 6V
55T Motor
Spektrum DX3R and 3100 receiver
Hitec 5955 (steering)
Hitec 645 (dig)
Thunder Power 2S 2200maH
ForumSn0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2009, 09:07 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

I had some issues when I was running the BEC through a Spektrum receiver. I now have the receiver powered by the ESC and the BEC is wired directly to my steering servo. This cured the problem for me.
kwkride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 09:20 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwkride View Post
I had some issues when I was running the BEC through a Spektrum receiver. I now have the receiver powered by the ESC and the BEC is wired directly to my steering servo. This cured the problem for me.
X2 I had lots of weird electronic issues until I wired mine like the Greenish diagrams in this thread...wire it like that and never look back!
good luck

Definitive wiring diagrams for BECs Rx Servos Motors etc.
53 willys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 09:51 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Try setting the frame rate on your radio to 16.5ms.

My berg did the same thing till I changed the frame rate.
BigB_117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 10:16 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Ok, so I hooked the dig servo up to a y harness with the BEC, and only the signal wire going into the receiver plus the framerate change and still nothing. The wiring diagram would be the same thing as the Y Harness i believe, except for solder.:-(
Old 04-17-2009, 10:25 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumSn0w View Post
Ok, so I hooked the dig servo up to a y harness with the BEC, and only the signal wire going into the receiver plus the framerate change and still nothing. The wiring diagram would be the same thing as the Y Harness i believe, except for solder.:-(
so you have power and ground running straight from the BEC to the dig servo and the dig servo signal wire is plugged into your RX??
where is your ESC power wire at right now??

mines wired just like this..

Last edited by 53 willys; 04-17-2009 at 10:29 PM.
53 willys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 10:39 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

The ESC power wire is plugged back into the receiver now, while the BEC powers the dig servo (just testing). I did take my old 645 servo that I thought was bad, hooked it up to the receiver and unplugged the one attached to the rig. Here is what I found out, when the servo is close to the motor/tranny it will glitch, but if I take it 10 inches away, the glitch goes away as well. Now this is really confusing because the servo has to be attached to the tranny! ughh
Old 04-17-2009, 11:33 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Well, I guess tomorrow I will go to the LHS and pick up some capacitors and see if that helps with the electrical noise. Anyone else had interference with r2d/55t and Spektrum DSM radios. I would expect it from an AM/FM radio, but not this.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:35 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Well, I guess tomorrow I will go to the LHS and pick up some capacitors and see if that helps with the electrical noise. Anyone else had interference with r2d/55t and Spektrum DSM radios. I would expect it from an AM/FM radio, but not this.
Did you try changing the frame rate?
Old 04-17-2009, 11:42 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB_117 View Post
Did you try changing the frame rate?
Yeah I did change the framerate, but no luck. I did find an old Novak motor of mine and i'm going to steal the capacitors off of that and put them on my Integy V11
Old 04-17-2009, 11:44 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Yeah I did change the framerate, but no luck. I did find an old Novak motor of mine and i'm going to steal the capacitors off of that and put them on my Integy V11
That sucks. It was worth a shot. Good luck.
Old 04-18-2009, 12:29 AM   #12
Keep it real

I would say you need Caps on the motor, but I've run Integy motors without them using the DX3R with no issues before, but that was with a plastic Axial tranny. Since the R2D is all metal, it could be compounding the problem.
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 08:04 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

I am having the same problem,but I have different stuff.I am running a tekin fxr,hh7t motor,dx3.0,cc bec,jr 8711 steering servo,and a hitech dig servo.I am running a dmg dcr chassis,and alot of metal goodies.I moved wires around and the same crap keeps happening.
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????
jgmmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 03:18 PM   #14
Rock Stacker

Thumbs up Fixed!

Ok, so I was down at my LHS and the guy there told me the brushes might be going out in the motor, so I picked up another one and no more problem. I know nothing really about these motors or how to rebuild them, but the dig servo seems to be working correctly now with no more interferance. FINALLY!
Old 04-20-2009, 09:19 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwkride View Post
same here , my rig would only work with the bec running only my steering. my esc handles everything else
crawldad91 is offline   Reply With Quote