RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Electronics (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/)
-   -   Futaba 4PL Setup, Tips, Tricks & Help (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/277689-futaba-4pl-setup-tips-tricks-help.html)

EvilTwin v2 10-30-2010 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by run2jeepn (Post 2715041)
I've sold off all my old stuff and started collecting for a Dual ESC set up. I'm just needing a radio. To Spend $200 for the PL or $450 for a 4PKS is a big deal. Thats a lot of Money.

On top of that, look at the difference in price of the receivers. If you're going to outfit 3 or 4 trucks, it ads up even more.

Aussie Nerd 10-30-2010 11:26 PM

Since I have already bought mine even if an update comes into affect I won't be able to change it, so I'm hoping I'll either just be able to live with it or swap the wiring on the switch around a bit.

Kieren

dusty sweep 10-31-2010 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragrcr (Post 2714756)
In harleys xr10 build thread iirc

Got a link.

I cant find it:sad:

Sneed 10-31-2010 08:25 AM

I think you'll just have to get your button pushing speed up :lmao:
Start practicing. It may be a bigger deal to others, but nothing you couldn't adapt too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8tFQeewYeI

dusty sweep 10-31-2010 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sneed (Post 2715293)
I think you'll just have to get your button pushing speed up :lmao:
Start practicing. It may be a bigger deal to others, but nothing you couldn't adapt too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8tFQeewYeI

Thanks. The thing that was getting me was the "iirc" what does it stand for.

run2jeepn 10-31-2010 03:12 PM

Is there a Way to run Dual ESC's Mixed so you can Dial down either one and have DIG's like normal. I don't care about having Cutting brakes at this time.

Harley 10-31-2010 06:18 PM

Been a busy weekend, sorry for not getting questions answered yet. I'll get on it tomorrow or later tonight.

articzap 10-31-2010 06:23 PM

Cannot wait to hear back from you. A good review from you can easily be make or break for this controller.

dragrcr 10-31-2010 09:15 PM

I think it's like this,

Push once and your in rear, push again and your in front, push again and your in 4wd.

SMR 510RR 10-31-2010 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragrcr (Post 2716358)
I think it's like this,

Push once and your in rear, push again and your in front, push again and your in 4wd.

Wow that would be a fail. They f'ed up on this one if it doesnt work better than that.

dragrcr 10-31-2010 10:54 PM

It's pretty clear in the vid that what I described is what is going on...:x

sim 10-31-2010 11:28 PM

Just trying to understand what the issue is. Is it that the one button toggle is easy to mix up?

SMR 510RR 11-01-2010 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sim (Post 2716536)
Just trying to understand what the issue is. Is it that the one button toggle is easy to mix up?

The issue is that you will have to keep track of where you are and where you want to be to remember how many times to push the button to get from here to there. Quick digs are very important and although it is possible to "get used to it" I can say that I wont be switching to something that isnt perfect.

losikid 11-01-2010 12:46 PM

Maybe futaba did this so if you needed this you had to get the 4pk? but someone could make up some sort of circuit with a array of relays that will give the needed pulses per position, or possibly maybe some sort of encoder

jdawg53 11-01-2010 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by losikid (Post 2717177)
Maybe futaba did this so if you needed this you had to get the 4pk? but someone could make up some sort of circuit with a array of relays that will give the needed pulses per position, or possibly maybe some sort of encoder

Trust me they did not do this to make people buy the 4PK. Before you think about hacking up the tx just hold off till we hear back about the software update.
J

losikid 11-01-2010 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdawg53 (Post 2717250)
Trust me they did not do this to make people buy the 4PK. Before you think about hacking up the tx just hold off till we hear back about the software update.
J

If i ever do buy one it will be to hack it up (sorry i already thought about it)(wantasummit will probably beat me too it though), right now i have a more functional radio than this and i built it for less than i could buy this so i am happy, i just like to stay up to date with all the newest stuff. But the thing is futaba purposely left out features. it is almost a guarantee that production costs between the 4pl and the 4pk are very similar/close. So by changing the functionality they can charge more or less even if they cost the same to make for both.

Aussie Nerd 11-01-2010 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdawg53 (Post 2717250)
J

If Futaba does update the firmware will it be possible for owners to update it themselves, similar to updating ESC firmware or will it only affect radios being produced after that date?

Thanks
Kieren

Harley 11-01-2010 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussie Nerd (Post 2717511)
If Futaba does update the firmware will it be possible for owners to update it themselves, similar to updating ESC firmware or will it only affect radios being produced after that date?

Thanks
Kieren

You just send it in to hobby services and they update it.

Aussie Nerd 11-01-2010 04:14 PM

Ok, pity you can't plug it in to the likes of a caslte link or similar sort of thing. Can you chose which DT you use for the dig? If so could you not put it on one of the 3 position trims around the wheel so that you set it something like below.

One Click left - Front Dig
One Click Right - 4WD
Another Click Right - Rear Dig
Click Left - 4WD?

That kinda sounds like how you were doing it in the video actually. If that is how it is that really isn't a bug, that is fine?

Cheers
Kieren

Harley 11-01-2010 04:20 PM

You cannot use the Dual ESC programming with a DT switch. That is what I am asking Futaba to update. You could do it with a punk dig style setup, just not this programming.