Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: RC4WD XR4 w/ receiver (review & impressions)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2010, 11:19 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfrog View Post
hi to all I got some question on what the hell is the dig and the punk that was the first question the 2 question who can help me with how to use the 3 and 4 channel whit this radio (rx4) I got a honcho and I put some light and a winch and I can not make the 3 channel turn of the light and the 4 channel went a plug the winch star to roll the line and can make stop, the menu of the control haves a option to turn on and off the 3 channel and I turnet of but light are still on all the time and the winch spiting hes guts out can some one explain me on hoe the set up my radio, thank`s
Well I will start from the top,

#1,1 A dig is a method of disconnecting your rear driveshaft temporarily to allow the front tires to "DIG" hence the name. This allows tighter turning radius and pivoting in tough spots.

#1,2 The Punk Dig, is a product made by Punk RC for people who have MOA (Motor On Axle) rigs. Google that one.

#2,1 The 3rd & 4th channels will always be supplying power therefor will not act as an on/off switch for lights. There are places that sell a controller for lights to do so. For that I would recommend a quick google search or talk to some scale rig guys in the Scaler section.

#2,2 As for the winch, It sounds like you need this. http://wantasummit.com/CreepKiller.aspx
SASDakota is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2010, 01:27 PM   #42
Rock Stacker

bummer I was thinkin it was a plug and play for the 3 and 4 channel, thank you for the info on the pun and dig I will post my problem in the scale section
Dfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 08:35 PM   #43
Quarry Creeper

i have 2.2 bully, I want to eventually add a punk dig or rocker dig from rc4wd, can i use this radio with the built in 3 pos switch for this? thanks
dynamaxxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 09:59 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamaxxed View Post
i have 2.2 bully, I want to eventually add a punk dig or rocker dig from rc4wd, can i use this radio with the built in 3 pos switch for this? thanks
Yes a punk dig will work just fine with the 3 pos switch.
Old 01-29-2011, 07:52 PM   #45

Lets get a tally, who is using this controller? And what are your thoughts?
Old 03-13-2011, 05:33 PM   #46
Quarry Creeper

I just ordered me a XR4. I'll let you know how it turns out for me. I will be using a RC4WD Dig II, a Punk Dual Sterring Computer and Servo City servo streachers for epa's. All this for a moa supper.
XtrmTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 10:10 PM   #47
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SASDakota View Post
Lets get a tally, who is using this controller? And what are your thoughts?
Drove it around for 4 hours today and I like it...what I don't like is the batteries are pretty well dead after 4 hours...going to have to get high mA rechargeables.
squatch71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 10:14 PM   #48
Rock Crawler

Can you assign channels?
dezrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 10:17 PM   #49
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by squatch71 View Post
Drove it around for 4 hours today and I like it...what I don't like is the batteries are pretty well dead after 4 hours...going to have to get high mA rechargeables.
open the control and clip out the red wire of the light and the battery will last more I did that to my
Dfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:26 PM   #50

Default Re: RC4WD XR4 w/ receiver (review & impressions)

Has anybody modded this controller with a self centering thumb control? I have a switch in my head that looks like a mouse scroll wheel that auto centers... Does such a thing exist???

I love this controller, no glitches, runs on 4 AAs not 8 like the factory supplied controller.. Now I just need to get my dig setup and a progressive 4ws.