Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Bec Y-Harness Q

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2011, 06:38 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Bec Y-Harness Q

hi.. may be fitting a CC Bec to my R1, but currently i have the led connected to the Batt terminal for the Rx. if i am to fitt the bec, can i use a Y-Harness to connect them both to the batt terminal? thanx
chiatw73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2011, 08:43 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatw73 View Post
hi.. may be fitting a CC Bec to my R1, but currently i have the led connected to the Batt terminal for the Rx. if i am to fitt the bec, can i use a Y-Harness to connect them both to the batt terminal? thanx
When you get BEC, connect the esc and LEDs as you normally would (all wires intact) to the RX so the esc's bec powers the RX and LEDs, and get a y-harness to connect up the bec to the servo. The y-harness should connect pos and neg from the bec directly to the servo, and then one branch of the y harness should carry signal only from the RX to the servo. I have this same setup running on my LNC with LED lights..
marvinbeaverdip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:17 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinbeaverdip View Post
When you get BEC, connect the esc and LEDs as you normally would (all wires intact) to the RX so the esc's bec powers the RX and LEDs, and get a y-harness to connect up the bec to the servo. The y-harness should connect pos and neg from the bec directly to the servo, and then one branch of the y harness should carry signal only from the RX to the servo. I have this same setup running on my LNC with LED lights..
so the bec will be between the batt and the servo, and not directly plug into the Rx? and i would have to disconnect the above mentioned wires?

is this setup foolproof? i mean if i make a mistake and switch on will i blowup any thing?

sorry i am not very good with cable stuffs
Old 03-01-2011, 01:45 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

check out this thread BEC hook-up help Which contains a diagram and a picture of what the y-harness should look like. I'm assuming that you're powering an LED lighting system by plugging it into the Batt terminal on your 2 channel RX right now. The y-harness to bypass running the BEC through your ESC is the ideal setup, and then the ESC's internal BEC can power the RX and anything attached to it as an accessory.
marvinbeaverdip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:41 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

sorry i forgot to state my set up.. i am actually running 3 servos! F/R steer and 1 for the dig...