Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Hitec HFP-25 Digital Servo Programmer/Tester

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2011, 10:01 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Hitec HFP-25 Digital Servo Programmer/Tester

Over the years, I have used the different versions of this programmer. The first version was the HFP-10. This came out when the Digital Servos (59XX) first hit the market. The programming was limited but it offer Dead Band Adjustment and End Point Adjustments.

With the introduction of the 79XX Digital Servos, you were now able to program a Fail Safe for overheating. Enter stage left, the HFP-20. This one looked just like the 10 but had a different board and software.

Both of these were heavy duty units. They were packed in an extruded aluminum case. There was an charge plug on the outside to charge the NiMh 4 cell pack.

2011 comes a new an improved programmer. And sitting at a very affordable list price of $98.00 (avg street = $70). This is affordable when you think that the HFP-20 had a street price of around $140.

Here is the screen shots of all the options for programming.

And the Flow Chart:

There are two plugs on the unit. One is for the servo plug (and normally is the only one to use), the other is for the Receiver (this is if you want to measure voltage or pulse).

It comes with a 4 cell 1300mah NiMh 4.8v rechargeable pack.

This is the same as my HFP-20 but more affordable. This will definitely make it more appealing to the masses. For Crawlers, opening the DeadBand is a big benefit on saving the servo and getting rid of the noisy buzzing of the servo trying to lock it straight.

Last edited by Rckcrwlr; 07-27-2011 at 10:04 AM.
Rckcrwlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2011, 04:31 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Nice write-up.
Not sure I would spend the extra cash, I may go down a step to the -21..... Hitec HPP-21 Review

With all the HiTecs we run in our house, I think I need to spring for a HiTec programmer.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 05:06 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

The 21 needs a PC to program. If price is an issue, the Plus is free standing for field use. There is a 22 coming out soon.

Posted using TapaTalk
Rckcrwlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 05:43 PM   #4
Official Cook of the ECC

Nice but a little pricey for me.

I have been very happy with my HPP-21. I haven't had the need to adjust my servos out in the field so the 21 has been more than enough for me.
Scattman is offline   Reply With Quote