Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Dual Tekin FXR thinking of running but need help please....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2011, 02:43 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Dual Tekin FXR thinking of running but need help please....

I’m thinking of switching out my PUNK DIG (nothing wrong with it, just trying to save space and weight) and Tekin FXR combo to run a dual FXR set up to achieve the same results. Set up I have now is:

FUTABA 6EX 2.4GHz (dual stick style Tx)
Futaba R617FS Rx
Single Tekin FXR (programmed through hotwire)
PUNK DIG
3 cell 850mAh 11.1v lipo
Castle BEC

What I’m looking to swap to:
FUTABA 6EX 2.4GHz (dual stick style Tx)
Futaba R617FS Rx
Dual Tekin FXR (programmed through hotwire)
3 cell 850mAh 11.1v lipo
Castle BEC

I’ve read Harley’s great thread around the 4PL (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=277689) But as I’m running a different Tx not sure how much applies – the diagram in the first post great though so have a great picture (no pun intended) of how to wire everything up.

I’ve searched for Dual FRX but come up a little shy on results – couple on hotwire settings: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=309137 and http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=309119&highlight=Tekin+Dual+FXR

What I’m looking to learn is,the set up I’d like to run is it even possible? The PUNK plugs in channel 4 on the Rx and the FXr plug into channel 3, the left stick on the Tx up and down is both motors, to the left up and down is front motor only, to the right and up and down is the rear motor only, super easy and straight forward. Plugging a FXR into each of channels 3 and 4 will give different results i.e. channel 3 front motor and channel 4 rear motor separating the motors and actions - or am I just being a dumbass here? I get the feeling that I’m being very dense here with how I’m looking at this
vodka child is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2011, 03:30 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

I don't really understand what you are asking sorry. Does this help you out at all. I know its a radio mod but there is info in there on how to hook up and program the radio also

http://www.rccrawler.com/tech/how-to...-moa-crawlers/
highlandcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 05:12 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

What you need to do is find out whether your 6ex has any form of channel mixing, and if so if it can be programmed to mix say channels 3 and 2(that the 2 FXR`s are plugged into) together. And then assign a switch to allow for dig. Rather than trying to drive your rig with two seperate throttles. I know the old futaba FF7 can do it as one of the UK lads has done it.

The thing is with the 4PL, it has ESC mixing built in and following Harley`s guide it is a piece of cake to program.

I recently upgraded my Berg to twin mamba micro pro`s and bit the bullet and bought a 4PL from Hong Kong, as I knew my 4ex wasnt upto the job of mixing.
igbandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 06:07 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

VC, do you want to have the FXR's on seperate sticks? I know a number of Super drivers do this. If so, it's real easy to do, just plug each ESC into a channel that is controlled by fore/aft stick control and go from there.

If you have a "spring center" on one stick, you may want to remove the spring so it stays in a position when you let go of the stick.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:10 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by igbandy View Post
What you need to do is find out whether your 6ex has any form of channel mixing, and if so if it can be programmed to mix say channels 3 and 2(that the 2 FXR`s are plugged into) together. And then assign a switch to allow for dig. Rather than trying to drive your rig with two seperate throttles. I know the old futaba FF7 can do it as one of the UK lads has done it.

The thing is with the 4PL, it has ESC mixing built in and following Harley`s guide it is a piece of cake to program.

I recently upgraded my Berg to twin mamba micro pro`s and bit the bullet and bought a 4PL from Hong Kong, as I knew my 4ex wasnt upto the job of mixing.

Thanks, that makes sense, know my initial post didn't exacty capture what the ask was, but youre reply covers it off

If I plug in 2 ESCs into 2 channels those two channels will work independently, gettng them to work in sync requires the Tx to be able to mix the channels - basically a version of what the PUNK PIG does in my set up now - onced mixd they will act as a single channel, and then assign a switch to dig to allow them to act apart again.

LOT clearer than it was at 9:45am today Will have to have a look at my Tx and see if that's possible, I've never got on with the 4PL style Tx, but given the Wraith when it arrives has that style Tx I might just have to switch over on my Berg as well.
Cheers
Darren
Old 08-02-2011, 07:18 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Just checked the Futaba site and bloody great news my 79 quid Tx does have chanel mix capability!!

"Programmable Mixing (1 & 2) – two different mixes allow any two channels to be combined"

Will have to have a read through the manual and get familar with this before sheling out for the another FXR

Cheers for the help on this one
Old 08-02-2011, 07:20 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

It works differently to a punk and a single ESC. So long as the motor`s are timed to be running at the same rpm(or thereabouts) you wont suffer any clodstall running twin ESC`s, and with the 4PL you can assign a switch to lower and raise the power to the rear motor(think like how a differential works).

I could never get on with Steerwheel radios, but I can use both now. Its really not that difficult to use a wheel. I am left handed, but I dont drive the wheel with my left hand looking like a monkey hanging from a tree.
igbandy is offline   Reply With Quote