Anyone tried to feed it with a 2S Lipo?
Rockatanski is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2014, 11:26 PM   #22
Got Worms?

Default Re: Axial AX-3 Review and tear down

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEELBREEZE View Post
Can you bind an AX-3 with a Spektrum DSM reciever?
No.
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 01:22 PM   #23

Thanks for this write up. I just purchased 2 ax3 remotes for the kids. Thinking of buying a gt3c for my crawler
Russianstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 09:41 AM   #24
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russianstyle View Post
Thanks for this write up. I just purchased 2 ax3 remotes for the kids. Thinking of buying a gt3c for my crawler
Save yourself the trouble and buy a pre hacked one from Austin......losikid. many buy a stock one then feel doing the hack is over whelming but Austin won't hack pre owned radios. So read up in the Gt3b hack thread and see what fits you best. I own a couple hacked ones and can't be happier.
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 05:08 PM   #25
Rock Stacker

hey guys! - I'm new to the forums but not new to R/C - I came across this old thread through a Google search and wanted to see if anyone out there can answer a question I have regarding the ar-3 receiver

I purchased the ax-3/ar-3 combo from ebay for an e-maxx brushless build (I know, it's not a crawler build, but this forum is loaded with top-notch R/c people with tons of knowledge! - and yes, I do crawl with my modded losi nightcrawler )

Anyways, I installed a Tekin RC-8 gen2 ESC in the e-maxx - it comes from the factory with the bec set at 6v - the dual steering servos I installed can handle up to 7.2v - with the Tekin Hotwire, I can turn up the bec on the ESC to 7.2v and am interested in doing so to get some more speed and power out of the servos (the e-maxx has 3.8" proline big joes on it and, while the dual servos turn the tires with ease, I'd like them to be faster and have more holding power)

The factory steering setup on the e-maxx has a lot of slop and the servo saver is stupid weak, so I'd like to modify it and eliminate the saver altogether- the servos are cheap metal-geared towerpro mg996rs and I'm the type of driver that doesn't require the services of a servo saver and prefers to avoid running into things to protect the servos - and I'd rather have accurate steering and occasionally replace a cheap servo or two than keep the crappy saver that can't handle the rotational torque/forces the big tires/speed of the truck put on the steering hardware

Ssoooo…my question is this: does anyone know if the axial ar-3 receiver can handle the voltage if I turn up the bec on the Tekin rx-8 ESC to 7.2v? - I have a simple "y" style splitter that plugs into the steering port of the receiver and then has 2 wires coming from each of the wires coming from the single plug, which then has female plugs on each set of wires, thus giving me the ability to then plug each servo in so they both operate in tandem - so, if I'm correct, the servos are basically wired in parallel and plugged into the receiver

Given they are wired in parallel, is it safe to assume that both servos are currently receiving 6v? - I know that, in theory, they should be getting 6v each - and they turn well and, together, are pretty torquey - is my assumption about them both receiving the full 6v from the ESC (minus any minute difference due to resistance within the receiver/wires/plugs/etc) accurate?

I'm going to put my electric meter on the servo wires to check the voltage on each servo wire - for some reason, after asking the question, it just occurred to me to do this…duh!

However, most importantly to me is whether the ar-3 receiver can handle taking the bec voltage from 6v up to 7.2v - so, given the intelligent minds hanging out around here, does anyone know if the axial receiver will survive the increase in voltage?

thank you very much in advance for any help/guidance that y'all can provide!!

mudholestomper
mudholestomper is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/333467-axial-ax-3-review-tear-down.html
Posted By For Type Date
FLYSKY GT3b Transmitter - Page 170 - R/C Tech Forums This thread Refback 10-05-2011 12:14 AM