Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Punk Dig issue. Please help!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2012, 04:47 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Punk Dig issue. Please help!

Hey,

I recently bought an XR10 with a Punk dig installed. I have no idea why it wont work correctly. I programmed my Radiopost TS401 to the 3rd channel for the ALT setting. Its plugged into the 3rd Channel on the RX. The issue is it doesnt turn all 4 wheels. Only the front or rear when the channel button is pressed. PLEASE HELP! Ive searched but found no answers on this issue. Thank you guys in advance.

Thanks,

LIK

Last edited by OFFROADRCKOREA; 01-21-2012 at 12:16 PM.
OFFROADRCKOREA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2012, 08:02 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Punk Dig issue. Please help!

It sounds like you radio only has a 2 position 3rd channel, can you confirm that it is indeed a 3 postion 3rd?

You need a 3 position to run the punk dig in all 3 positions...If it is only 2 position and you have end point adjustment then you can set one end point to 0 and get 4wd and front dig (or rear dig) but not all 3.

The alternative is to buy the punk for 2 position 3rd channels but from what I have read it isnt all that great.

You could always buy a new radio, it may be cheaper than you think. Check out the hacked GT3B. Then you could ditch the punk all together and mix for dual esc's.
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:39 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

To help you know if you have your transmitter set up for three positions on the third channel, plug a servo into CH3 (you could plug your steering servo in if you don't have a extra servo).
Try CH3 on the transmitter. You should be able to make the servo swing left, move back to center, and swing to the right. If you can only get two positions out of the system then you indeed have a two position third channel.

I make a dig controller that will work on a two position channel and it gives you all the functions: MOA Dig Controller for Two Position Channel
heyok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 12:17 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Ok,

Just checked the TS401 does have the switch programable option which I have used but does not have the choice to put it to swith number of position which I need to somehow change from 2 to 3. I can do it with both the Trim and Dial options but I dont want to be guessing. Any clues?>?

LIK
Old 01-21-2012, 01:08 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

sounds to me that you proved to yourself that it is a two position channel.
heyok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 01:21 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinkorea View Post
Ok,

Just checked the TS401 does have the switch programable option which I have used but does not have the choice to put it to swith number of position which I need to somehow change from 2 to 3. I can do it with both the Trim and Dial options but I dont want to be guessing. Any clues?>?

LIK
Here is the manual for your radio:
http://radiopost.com/files/ts-401.pdf

In order to run a punk dig your radio must have a 3 postion 3rd channel. I skimmed the manual and I could not find a setting that would work since you are unable to set the trim switches to control the 3rd channel. The only thing you could experiment with would be using the dial on the back of the grip, It doesnt say what the function would be so I have no idea if that would work.

You are unable to use all the features of the punk dig with your current radio without an adapter of some sort, unless you figure out a way to make the 3rd channel have 3 positions.

I recommend for the time being adjusting one of the end points on the 3rd channel to 0 so you can have front dig and 4wd rather than front dig and rear dig.
SMR 510RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 01:29 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMR 510RR View Post
Here is the manual for your radio:
http://radiopost.com/files/ts-401.pdf

In order to run a punk dig your radio must have a 3 postion 3rd channel. I skimmed the manual and I could not find a setting that would work since you are unable to set the trim switches to control the 3rd channel. The only thing you could experiment with would be using the dial on the back of the grip, It doesnt say what the function would be so I have no idea if that would work.

You are unable to use all the features of the punk dig with your current radio without an adapter of some sort, unless you figure out a way to make the 3rd channel have 3 positions.

I recommend for the time being adjusting one of the end points on the 3rd channel to 0 so you can have front dig and 4wd rather than front dig and rear dig.
Hey brother,

I literally did that 5 minutes ago. I am working with front dig only currently until I can get ahold of Robin at Punk RC or the guys at Radio Post. Sucks a radio this advanced cant do that!

Thanks for the help, you were right on the money sir!

LIK

Punk Dig issue. Please help! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
punk dig issue losiredcatcrawler Electronics 4 04-17-2010 08:15 AM
Punk RC Dig Switch Issue dirttrackdemon93 Electronics 8 04-06-2010 01:49 PM
Punk Dig Issue JeremyH Electronics 23 03-12-2010 09:53 AM