Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Flysky GT3 + Tekin FXR = backwards?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2012, 06:28 PM   #1

Default Flysky GT3 + Tekin FXR = backwards?

I hooked up my CR-01 for the first time today, and when I was following the Tekin instructions to set up the transmitter (hold trigger down, then trigger forward). Holding the trigger down didn't make the esc beep, so I pushed it fwd, which did.
After setup, the trigger operated the car backwards. To fix this, I reversed the esc channel.

Now the car seems to drive fine, but switching from fwd to reverse takes a few seconds in-between. Also, if my car is configured backwards, does that affect forward or reverse speed?
UFCSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2012, 06:38 PM   #2

Also, I soldered the motor last night, and as far as I know its the right polarity (tamiya yellow= pos, green=neg, right?)

Could it have come backwards from the factory? I didn't see any + or - on the actual motor.
Old 07-21-2012, 06:41 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Flysky GT3 + Tekin FXR = backwards?

You're ESC is set to reverse delay mode, refer to your instruction sheet for how to change the settings.

The throttle channel set to reverse shouldn't be a problem, that's ow my 4PL is with the Tekin FX-R. If you have concerns, just re-calibrate with your TX already set to reverse on the throttle channel.
australiancrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:11 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

If you use FXRs the Hotwire programer is a worthwhile purchase. It lets you program all the ESC settings on the computer. Fixing your problem above would be one click ti change the setting to F/R.
new2it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:57 PM   #5
RCC Addict

The FlySky is like the Futaba with it's channel orientation, so you should start with steering default, channel 2 reversed and channel 3 standard. I'd also keep the esc in forward direction mode. If the motor is still backwards, then just swap the wires.
ik632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 06:29 AM   #6

Gosh, thanks for all the responses guys. I think I will pick up one of the Tekin Hotwires.

I didn't know about the Flysky/Futaba thing (reversing the 2nd channel). Is that just common RC knowledge, or should've I read that in the manual?
Old 07-22-2012, 07:06 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCSam View Post
Gosh, thanks for all the responses guys. I think I will pick up one of the Tekin Hotwires.

I didn't know about the Flysky/Futaba thing (reversing the 2nd channel). Is that just common RC knowledge, or should've I read that in the manual?
I didn't know it when I got that new radio so figured I'd share. I was running the stock radio that came with my Traxxas cars at the time and they use standard direction for throttle channel. Then when I hooked up the FlySky radio I pretty much had total failure while trying to calibrate and I think I actually ruined an ESC.

Either way, flip that one channel and you should be good to go.
ik632 is offline   Reply With Quote

Flysky GT3 + Tekin FXR = backwards? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mamba Max , Tekin FXR or Tekin FXR PRO? TheHeadHunter Electronics 21 06-21-2012 08:15 AM
FlySky FS-GT3 / Eurgle 2.4 GHz radio Huey Electronics 42 11-30-2010 11:01 PM
Tekin FXR and FXR-pro ESCs in stock JohnRobHolmes Holmes Hobbies 35 09-17-2009 09:40 PM