Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: helpful wiring tip

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 10:37 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default helpful wiring tip

I like to keep connectors on my parts, this way if I want to change out a single item like lights or a winch controller I can without soldering. I found that using a servo extension wire gives me all the parts I need without having to assemble the tiny plugs. I simply cut the extension in half, pulled the white wire (if you don't need it), soldered the male side to the winch and female side to the winch controller.

spookyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2013, 02:16 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: helpful wiring tip

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookyseven View Post
I like to keep connectors on my parts, this way if I want to change out a single item like lights or a winch controller I can without soldering. I found that using a servo extension wire gives me all the parts I need without having to assemble the tiny plugs. I simply cut the extension in half, pulled the white wire (if you don't need it), soldered the male side to the winch and female side to the winch controller.

Definitely the way to go. Keep those circuits removable/exchangeable.
The 3 pin is widely available and cheap. If I may suggest another thing, if you look at the way they are used in the Rx the PLUS is in the middle, like that you cannot destroy too much if you happen to put it in the wrong way.
I have adapted that for my (for little current) connections to battery, power supply etc. Always put PLUS in the middle, either ground on both outsides (or just on one), ever since I have not killed another circuit by reversed polarity.

cheers

braq
braq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:31 PM   #3

Default Re: helpful wiring tip

i do the same thing but with the little deans plugs, it makes it really easy to have a backup bec ready to go and easily changeable at a comp.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote

helpful wiring tip - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Woah, very helpful shock tip if you have no oil to fill them!! shadowrejects General Crawlers 42 11-14-2016 11:29 AM
Thought this would be helpful. bigdodge88 Maryland 4 11-22-2008 05:03 PM
helpful build tip..better hardware 929freak General Crawlers 10 02-09-2007 02:20 PM
Motor Wiring Tip BrockGrimes Newbie General 2 03-04-2006 11:04 PM