Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Twin BR-XL set up help please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2013, 12:10 PM   #1

Default Twin BR-XL set up help please

Hey guys,

Apologies if this has been covered, but I have tried searching and come up stumps here... Hoping you guys can help...

I have an XR10 I bought off fleabay which came with a T1E chassis set up, and running twin HH BR-XL Torquemaster ESC set up, a Castle 10amp BEC, and using a Futaba 4pl , running a hi tec 7950 th servo..

I bought it all assembled etc, and without any prior crawler knowledge at all, so a complete newb to this, so apologies ahead if I ask stupid question, but electronics are completely not my strong point...

So I managed to fry my servo somehow, and I think possibly damaged one of the ESC's... Anyhow, finally after a couple months waiting I got the replacement servo, I am ready to try fix this thing, but during the wait for the servo, I tried taking the thing apart, and managed to unplug all the wires to the receiver, and now I am screwed cause I dunno where they all go back!!!!! I know that makes me retarded, but forgive me....

So can anyone who has a similar set up let me know what my set up should look like? Or got a picture? Of both the receiver and the radio, what my settings could be?

I have the following ports on the receiver:
B

Leads I have that can be plugged in are:

Servo - This goes into Channel 1, I got that part
ESC Lead 1: ?
ESC Lead 2: ?
BEC: ?

As a note, both ESC leads have had their red wire pulled out and taped off.

Guys I'm really sorry if all this is stupid sounding to you guys, but I am screwed here, and have tried all the avenues in looking at manuals and websites etc...

Hope you can help, many thanks in advance, and big ups and respect from Cape Town South Africa.

Andre
Nepptune is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2013, 12:31 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Twin BR-XL set up help please

Pretty simple.

Since both ESC red wires (to the RX) are taped off, the external BEC plugs into a free port on the RX (so you don't have multiple BEC's trying to power the RX).

Front ESC goes to channel 2, I believe the the 2nd ESC goes to channel 4 (it varies on the radio, but I believe this is correct for yours).

Personally, I like to run high output (over ~200inoz) an external BEC direct to the servo.
Lets get you running 1st though.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:40 PM   #3

Hi Charlie,

Thanks so much for the speedy reply and advice, much appreciated.

So am I right in assuming I plug the external BEC into the "B" port on the RX?

Thanks again.

A
Old 03-20-2013, 01:11 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepptune View Post
Hi Charlie,

Thanks so much for the speedy reply and advice, much appreciated.

So am I right in assuming I plug the external BEC into the "B" port on the RX?

Thanks again.

A
The power bus on most RX's are common, thus you can plug the external BEC into any open port.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:22 AM   #5

Hi Charlie,

Thanks again mate... Tried a couple different combos, but still no joy... obviously one of the ESC's is still working cause somehow when I was changing one of the leads the front wheels kicked into full speed ahead without any help.... chaos ensued in a BIG way, with the wheels wrapping up the towel I was working on, spraying parts and glasses and a full beer everywhere, and sending my fiance into hysterics.... nearly wrapped my finger up in there too, but managed to rip the battery out before any permanent damage to myself... but not sure about the XR10....

I think I'm gonna need to break the whole thing down again, and then try put it all together again bit by bit to see where the fault is...

Thanks again for the help..

Cheers
Dre
Old 03-22-2013, 10:37 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Make sure the RX connections are all the same in terms of polarity, usually the "dark wire" (black?) is towards the outer edge of the RX.
Also, don't plug in a rig battery pack with the TX off, never know what will happen. I guess you already know that though.....

Twin BR-XL set up help please - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Twin Hammers Set up Tips Rock Concepts Vaterra Twin Hammers 27 09-25-2013 02:00 PM
how to build a twin motor set up jrba Newbie General 2 07-01-2009 05:36 AM
Twin Force is alive! 4 link set up circle Kyosho Crawlers 0 04-10-2005 06:38 AM