Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Battery ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2013, 04:14 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Battery ?

Just bought a battery used. Its 2000 1cell lipo. I put it in my wraith and blew out receiver. At least it blew out the steering part of the receiver . Then I tried the battery and one of my other ones and it actually was starting to sizzle so I have discarded the battery. Being that it was a one cell with that have something to do with it I'm pretty new at this any info would help thanks

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
flexychevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2013, 04:47 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Battery ?

Your doing something wrong. One cell is 3.7 volts, your average NIMH pack is 7.2. So I'm sure you wrong about the cells. It sounds like your may have a short somewhere or perhaps you soldered the connectors on wrong. Possibly you charged it wrong, do you have a lipo charger? Did you set the charger correctly? Does your esc have lipo shut off or does it need to be programmed for the correct # of cells. Most likely it's something your doing but the first thing you need to do is figure out the correct # of cells.
Bukwylde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:05 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Pics would help if u are able to upload some!
1r3land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:07 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Agree with bukwylde ^ can be many diff things. Just need to know a little more info if possible to try and help figure it out!
1r3land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:53 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Battery ?

Did you connect the battery direct to the RX?

Likely not, thus, whatever battery you connected would power the ESC which would then power the RX with a safe voltage pretty much REGARDLESS of the battery voltage.

Now, if you said the ESC died, then I would say you may have reversed the polarity of the pack vs. the ESC.

Yes, pictures would help.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:10 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Given that receivers & servos run on 5v+ and ESCs use even more, I'd guess something else is going on. Your battery, if it is indeed 1 cell, won't put out any more than 4.7v. More details and/or pics would be very helpful.
monkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote

Battery ? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Battery question...yes, I read the battery thread...twice... MikeTJ Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 14 06-07-2011 07:44 PM
UK Version please - LOSB0862 Battery Charger & Battery. newth Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 7 05-26-2010 01:38 AM
Finding bad battery cells in a battery pack. ToTheMAXXcrawler Electronics 9 02-04-2010 10:14 AM