Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: fxr issue? all lights blink..motor loses power..then runs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2013, 01:58 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default fxr issue? all lights blink..motor loses power..then runs

Ok so im trying to chase down this problem. .
Fxr/35t on 3s with bec scx10 ..
I ran like this for long time so not sure where its coming from all of a sudden.

Problem motor loses power then comes back..when gone the esc blinks all lights. Tekin book says it lost signal I think ..using a 2.4ghz 4pl ..so im lost ..my esc rec bec are all in same box so there close and antenna is also in there..like I said never had issues ran like this for a year+ ..so I find it stange my esc is acting like its losing signals. .at 1st if I just touched or turned the wheels a tad like a small push it would go again ..thats the reason why I thought motor was bad..but last time it was just locked up like drag brake was on..with new motor

1st thing I did was clean motor that didn't help brushes were small and worn good so I thought maybe springs were to weak..

2nd clean and check wires

3rd put new motor in..and run 30mins on 2 different lipos no issues then the 3rd lipo I ran my course stopped the truck walked away 3 feet and its dead again. So im thinking not a motor issue now..

Esc is waterproofed using dielectric grease inside of case ..and I do run through water..but since esc is in box it stays clean mostly ...im not seeing heat as in issues but hard to judge in a box through grease. .

Im have a tough time with esc's this week rx8 blew out to I think..thats another thread lol

Last edited by bronc4now; 07-08-2013 at 02:15 PM.
bronc4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2013, 02:49 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: fxr issue? all lights blink..motor loses power..then runs

Mine did something similar to this not long ago and the antenna inside the rx had a bad connection . I pulled it apart pulled the antenna wire and it was barely on the connector so I stuck it back and wiggled it a little and spun it to make sure it was on good and getting good connection, put it all back together and havn't had a problem since. Maybe this will help you. I use a 4pl and a 3pl so its the same rx's.
craddock35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:53 PM   #3
RCC Addict

All LEDs blinking indicates loss of radio signal or the unit is overheated.
My guess, if you were running HARD for 30+ minutes non stop, you probly over heated the unit.
Would need some more details about what your gearing is, and your truck weight to tell if it could be a problem.
If it is inside a box and sealed up pretty good, with the BEC and the receiver in there, I am betting it is a heat problem..
bigstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:58 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Sounds like a problem with the receiver, not the ESC or motor. Check the antenna is well connected to the receiver...
uclabruins89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 03:31 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Uuu 3 good responses thanks..I like the receiver one tho..I hate the heat one becouse thats harder to fix..
And I do have dielectric grease on my receiver too so I can see how that wire can get loose and maybe lose connection. .
Ill have to see if it was a signal loss my servo should not respond ether and a few times I think it did. .
Old 07-08-2013, 03:34 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstu View Post
All LEDs blinking indicates loss of radio signal or the unit is overheated.
My guess, if you were running HARD for 30+ minutes non stop, you probly over heated the unit.
Would need some more details about what your gearing is, and your truck weight to tell if it could be a problem.
If it is inside a box and sealed up pretty good, with the BEC and the receiver in there, I am betting it is a heat problem..
No yesterday was a comp ..so 1st lipo ran for like 5 mins max 2nd same and at laest 1hour break between rounds
Scx10 about 8lbs 87/20 I think

Last edited by bronc4now; 07-08-2013 at 03:45 PM.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:45 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronc4now View Post
Uuu 3 good responses thanks..I like the receiver one tho..I hate the heat one becouse thats harder to fix..
And I do have dielectric grease on my receiver too so I can see how that wire can get loose and maybe lose connection. .
Ill have to see if it was a signal loss my servo should not respond ether and a few times I think it did. .
If the servo was still working while the ESC was blinking (because loss of signal), then its possible your servo lead from the ESC could be broken... Like the wire inside is broken and the insulation is holding it together but at times it separates...
uclabruins89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:59 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Ya its somthing with the wires ..its shutting on off motor sputtering when I jiggle the wires so ill clean it up and see if that helps
I dont think its the receiver anymore tho

Last edited by bronc4now; 07-08-2013 at 06:08 PM.

fxr issue? all lights blink..motor loses power..then runs - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tekin Fxr.. No power to motor?? Raw_Power Electronics 57 09-21-2012 08:07 PM
Novak Rooster Crawler loses power when steering DMANbluesfreak Electronics 9 03-09-2012 05:54 AM
LNC loses power after a few minutes... shelljeep Newbie General 23 01-21-2010 01:12 PM
Dell E172FPb on the blink. Thorsteenster Chit Chat 0 08-24-2007 08:44 AM