Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Punk dig question please help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2013, 12:02 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Punk dig question please help

So I just got my xr10 running. It came with a punk dig. When I tried to go in reverse it puts on the dig. It also required me to run a 70:30 power bias other wise it would put the front dig (burn) when I had it on full throttle. Is it shot? How do I fIx these problems? I'm using an mt4, Brxl, punk dig,2s Lipo,and a hitec 7950 servo.
Dezertdirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2013, 12:24 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Punk dig question please help

Sounds like some channels are mixed on your mt4? Do the lights change color while any of this happens?

Also what are you putting on 70/30? With the punk and one esc there is either all four..... Front two or rear two...... Basically I'm pretty confused on what you have going on vs what you say you have. Guess good pics of install and better discription of what's going on.

And with all that you should have external bec..... But has nothing to do with your problem
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 01:08 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

So when I put it into reverse, a solid green light on the punk dig turns on and only the front wheels spin, the rear ones lock up. It would lock up the front wheels at full throttle, so I programed it so the rear axle would spin slower than the front which eliminated the problem. And when it locked up the front, a blue light turned on on the punk dig. All of this happens without me even hitting a switch. I didn't install the punk dig and it didn't come with any documentation. I will work on pics later.
Dezertdirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 05:07 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Did the radio come with the rig, or did you have it before??

Sounds like it's your radio (you added it to the rig) and a setting is off. I ran a servo dig off a Futaba 3PM-x and had no issues.

Do you have a Castle Link? You could also check it's settings to make sure it's 100% speed forward & reverse.

Some info... Dig Switch 3D (3rd Channel) Punk RC Dig Switch [DigSwitch-3RD] - $69.00 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 02:40 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezertdirt View Post
So when I put it into reverse, a solid green light on the punk dig turns on and only the front wheels spin, the rear ones lock up. It would lock up the front wheels at full throttle, so I programed it so the rear axle would spin slower than the front which eliminated the problem. And when it locked up the front, a blue light turned on on the punk dig. All of this happens without me even hitting a switch. I didn't install the punk dig and it didn't come with any documentation. I will work on pics later.

Again not sure what you are locking up or what you are programing to have axles to spin at different rates. Punk is used with a 3 pos switch to either run one axle.... Both axles or the other axle...... That's it. Totally independent from throttle.

Unless you have that odd little 2 channel punk dig and I have no clue how that works, sounded all odd to me years ago. I bought 3 pos third channel then.

Last edited by JokersWild; 09-08-2013 at 03:22 PM.
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote

Punk dig question please help - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
punk dig question Boids Electronics 27 05-29-2010 10:00 PM
Punk Dig Question run2jeepn Electronics 9 03-11-2010 11:54 AM
question punk rc dig spgrading Electronics 1 10-28-2009 09:33 AM
punk rc dig question broncoholic Electronics 5 08-15-2009 08:43 AM